+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Naked Pictures of iPad on Internet

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
image via Engadget The first iPad teardown photos are finally available (and no, we're not talking about the April Fool's Day prank from iFixit ), courtesy of the US Federal
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Naked Pictures of iPad on Internet

image via Engadget

The first iPad teardown photos are finally available (and no, we're not talking about the April Fool's Day prank from iFixit), courtesy of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Though specific information about the componentry is unavailable - thanks to a little government Photoshop work with the numbers stenciled on the chip surfaces - we do have our first look inside the new device.

Apple had filed for FCC approval in just enough time for the iPad to be approved for sale in the US. And as is not unusual in the case of new products, the FCC granted Apple's request for confidentiality, even after the authorization was approved. No information other than the frequencies used was revealed at that time: the photos and the user manual were all embargoed.

The FCC just revealed its teardown photos of the device, though with the chip numbers removed it's difficult to glean much information. The case appears to be very sturdy, in line with observations made by people who have handled an iPad, with rib-like reinforcements on the case-back (which is apparently just as shiny on the inside as it is on the outside). The logic board (pictured above) nestles in one upper corner, with the modem in an apparently custom module that fits in the other corner. The WiFi and Bluetooth radios share a strangely-shaped long, thin module that runs the length of the iPad, with antennas on the top, middle, and bottom of the device.

Head on over to Engadget to take a look at all the pictures.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

look at them details, what a sexy device
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Thanks

iFixit revealed the chips as it was just a PDF layer that covered the chips, look here:
    iPad FCC Teardown - iFixit

Thanks
    Question Why is everyone getting so exited about the iPad?
    To be honest, all this commotion about the iPad coming out and everyone being excited about it is.. well how do i put this, STUPID! All i see the iPad being any use at all, is in the hands of a visually-impaired person. It IS a giant iPod. It has the same features as an iPod, well a couple more at that - and the fact it doesn't have a camera for, what is it, $499 dollars? thats about 328!! It is just a waste of money for whatever it is useful for.

All-in-all people are saying it is a brilliant piece of equipment. But all i can see it as is just a very expensive, very large iPod for people with a very big income and a very small brain.
    A great man once said:
    If it's broken, SMASH IT!

Thanks

sexy, george like; oh wait, i have a mini one of these, its called an iPod touch
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sams iHelp View Post
    To be honest, all this commotion about the iPad coming out and everyone being excited about it is.. well how do i put this, STUPID! All i see the iPad being any use at all, is in the hands of a visually-impaired person. It IS a giant iPod. It has the same features as an iPod, well a couple more at that - and the fact it doesn't have a camera for, what is it, $499 dollars? thats about 328!! It is just a waste of money for whatever it is useful for.

All-in-all people are saying it is a brilliant piece of equipment. But all i can see it as is just a very expensive, very large iPod for people with a very big income and a very small brain.
    No no no, the ipod is a "TINY IPAD"! Get it right, you are the one that over paid for a tiny screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Where did they got this thing, from recycle bin?......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    No no no, the ipod is a "TINY IPAD"! Get it right, you are the one that over paid for a tiny screen.

^ lol nice way to put it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    sexy, george like; oh wait, i have a mini one of these, its called an iPod touch
    This^
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice....i agree.. who wanna read something on a tiny ipod touch?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sams iHelp View Post

Dude it's getting really old with the whole "big ipod" comparison, we all know what the iPad is, we don't need people coming on here to bash it. If someone wants to buy it then that's their choice, they know what they're buying. You may think its a waste of money but to others its not. What's the point of bashing on it? You think you're going to change ppl's minds about purchasing one? It's pointless...

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

looks empty...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromcr For This Useful Post:

CMOSlabs (04-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When i saw the keynotes come out I said, Im not going to waste my money on that. Its an oversized Ipod Touch. March 12, 2010 I woke up at 5:30 am west coast time and at 6 I bought two of them...I guess I wasted my money after all....lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can't wait to see what the scene will do with the over sized iPod

Thanks

Wife just preordered me the 3G model iPad. Late April can't come soon enough!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    can't wait to see what the scene will do with the over sized iPod
    can't you read? it's officially an ipad mini

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting sick of the "large iPod" comments!!! We get it already! If you think it's funny, then laugh! But, don't repeat the same lame *** joke on this forum. It's REALLY getting old. Your mother should have raised you better if this is what you come here to say!

Banned
    Thanks

I don't think people are saying it look like a big ipod touch as a joke. they say it cause it does. so sober up from the apple loving kool aid and relax. I really like apple and if they released the ipad before the touch it would be the coolest thing ever. Now its just something to play with if you have the extra money. fortunately I do and get mine tomorrow!!!

Thanks

I don't know I mean most people that found this site are in tune with apple products and its a waste of money at 499+tax but 199+tax would be better deal on the ipad IMHO. Its about common sense not if you have extra money to waste.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMfreeCuzOfJB'ing View Post
    I'm getting sick of the "large iPod" comments!!! We get it already! If you think it's funny, then laugh! But, don't repeat the same lame *** joke on this forum. It's REALLY getting old. Your mother should have raised you better if this is what you come here to say!
    We have flipped it around on them! The iPod is now an iPad Mini!

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I don't know I mean most people that found this site are in tune with apple products and its a waste of money at 499+tax but 199+tax would be better deal on the ipad IMHO. Its about common sense not if you have extra money to waste.
    Well, that wouldn't make any business sense at all. It cost them about $250 to build the base model.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-02-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost