+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will The iPad's Carbon Footprint Dissuade Buyers?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I care. even if politically driven "science" says there is or isnt global warming i care! ... lets say its not global warming... you think all this pollution is good
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I care. even if politically driven "science" says there is or isnt global warming i care! ... lets say its not global warming... you think all this pollution is good the earth and the air? I have a cottage 4hrs. out of toronto and i can jog up there and have a smile. In Toronto i wouldn't dare to jog or run. If big corporations are setting the example that it is okay to leave an ecological footprint then i guess thats where we need to start. Hey im assuming your an older person. In school its all about eco logical footprint (in canada at least). Backk to the topic.. so say its not global warming n its something else.. then that makes it totally ok then right? thats what your telling me.
    @success.is.sweet
    lay off the youtube videos and Zeitgeist man,

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

god, everything we make will mess up the climate in some way. they are only targeting the ipad because so many people are going to get it or microsoft gave them some money...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's possible to reason anything into whatever you want it to be.
    That's why you can't take anything anyone says at face value.
    Environmentalists may have convinced themselves that they are saving the the world, but ultimately they are just kidding themselves. They campaign so that they can feel good about themselves without really understanding what they are doing.
    Last edited by moomoochoo; 04-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

It's sad that people don't care about the Planet they live on, but what choice do we have?
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_7318 View Post
    It's sad that people don't care about the Planet they live on, but what choice do we have?
    Global Warming is fake, made up for power grabs and financial gain. If people really can't see that yet...that my friend is what's truly sad.

adp
    Thanks

Global warming is not fake. The controversy lies on whether it's man made or not. There have been eras of extremely hot temperatures/ice ages during the past (millions/thousands of years ago). Scientists debate on whether the recorded temperature rise in the past 30 or so years is caused by humans or is simply a natural trend re-occurring.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

hippies.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I agree with the other three, but unions asking for higher wages is NOT in this same category, they are merely effecting the profit margin of the industry they represent and this does often have a positive outcome on the economy as a whole, since the US is 80% consumer driven, consumers with more expendable income = more consumption.
    Giving people more money to do the same job could cause the company to go out of business. If they happens, they have no jobs, and no money to spend.

If you are getting a raise, you should be more productive so you aren't getting paid more for nothing.

With that said, we are both right. If it works, its good for the economy, if it causes the company to go under, no job, no money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Global Warming is fake, made up for power grabs and financial gain.
    i can't even begin to process how ignorant you look, are you about 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoochoo View Post
    I They campaign so that they can feel good about themselves without really understanding what they are doing.

i think you're the one that's not understanding things here.
    Last edited by lolcats1; 04-01-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Global warming is not fake. The controversy lies on whether it's man made or not. There have been eras of extremely hot temperatures/ice ages during the past (millions/thousands of years ago). Scientists debate on whether the recorded temperature rise in the past 30 or so years is caused by humans or is simply a natural trend re-occurring.
    You are right, I agree that the planet is warming. However there is no hard evidence that it is man made. I should rephrase what I said and say that I believe 100% that man made global warming is a fraud made up for power grabs and financial gain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me think.....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 04-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    You are right, I agree that the planet is warming. However there is no hard evidence that it is man made. I should rephrase what I said and say that I believe 100% that man made global warming is a fraud made up for power grabs and financial gain.
    I understand. I never said I believe it's man made; was just providing facts from both sides.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

This thing could have been glowing with radiation, with acid dripping, and smoke coming out of it and and people would still buy the ipad....lol
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    This thing could have been glowing with radiation, with acid dripping, and smoke coming out of it and and people would still buy the ipad....lol
    Then maybe I can get super powers from the radiation and become "Flash".

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really worry to much about the environment... But honestly these last 3 pages of posts worry me.
    It's not that I care about the iPad and what it does to the environment, but the way people responded is ridiculous. I couldn't even count the "who cares" responses.
    I don't go out of my way to go green or help out the environment, but I do think that if people think like that we will run into problems in the future.
    Thanks,
    Matt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am a vegetarian x 30 years. As such my overall carbon footprint is so much lower than the average ravenous lunatic meat eat nut living on Fritos and beer after gorging the backsides, legs, breasts, and internal organs of a literal multitude of animals and...forgot my point. Oh well, I am old and won't be on the earthy ball much longer so have fun paying my national debt, great grandchildren. Buhahaha.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12