Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Hype Prompts Strict Privacy, Security Measures

Thanks

Despite all the bad things reported (Hollywood divorces and the world problems) in the media, the world needs a little happiness and the ipad launch and discussion in the media is good journalism and sensationalism. I like this excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    12 posts deleted! Stop bickering and stay on topic please.
    thank you man, one love.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

Awesome. Well done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just drove past Infinite Loop in Cupertino this morning, and it was eerily quiet.

they guy that says hes got a wifi+3G on the way look at what he has there is says wifi not wifi+3G he must of order the wrong one hes not getting a wifi+3G not till april 24
    Last edited by macman1745; 03-31-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    typical applefan boy

LOL!!!

yea yea I know.... I just hate not so smart ppl
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    i dont HATE APPLE... I HATE their greed ways... I love my iphone however I didnt get it at launch and over pay either...

ppl call it profit... but we all know its greed.. profit is totally different than just 1000times mark up
    I think all you hate is grammar and spelling.

EDIT FOR RELEVANCE:

Not yet shipped:
    IPAD WI-FI + 3G 32GB-USA
    MC496LL/A
    $729.00
    Ships: Late April

IPAD CASE-ZML
    MC361ZM/A
    $39.00
    Gift message:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Ships: By April 3RD

Shipped
    Shipped on: Mar 31, 2010 via UPS | Print invoice
    IPAD WI-FI 16GB-USA
    MB292LL/A
    $499.00

SubTotal: $1,267.00
    Tax: $88.69
    Shipping Charge: $0.00
    Total: $1,355.69

Last edited by NessLookAlike; 03-31-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: edited for about as much relevance as Vathgol shows

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    This is a website about Apple product-related news and you're seriously trying to troll? The selling point for the iPad is its large screen for reading books (I'm going to try to work it so that I never have to buy an over-priced college textbook again.. go eBooks!),
    who the hell told you textbooks would get cheaper? your reading of college text books suggests you may be a moderately smart fellow...yet you give off the impression that you believed the reason college textbooks cost a lot is because...of the paper they're printed on?

dude...think about that. epic failure. text books on ipads or e-readers will cost only marginally lower...because it's not the physical printing that drives the cost.

Might I suggest Econ 101 as your first e-book purchase?

lastly, you've probably never used a real e-reader before like the Kindle. You'll soon find out that reading books on a back-lit display is not going to be an enjoyable experience...and constitutes the reason why eInk is so popular.

oh and:

Reserved Item(s)

iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB

$599

iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB

$499

so save your whining. I'm in for 2. But not for what you seem to think is the reason to buy.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 03-31-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    who the hell told you textbooks would get cheaper? your reading of college text books suggests you may be a moderately smart fellow...yet you give off the impression that you believed the reason college textbooks cost a lot is because...of the paper they're printed on?

dude...think about that. epic failure. text books on ipads or e-readers will cost only marginally lower...because it's not the physical printing that drives the cost.

Might I suggest Econ 101 as your first e-book purchase?

lastly, you've probably never used a real e-reader before like the Kindle. You'll soon find out that reading books on a back-lit display is not going to be an enjoyable experience...and constitutes the reason why eInk is so popular.
    You're clever, and I like that, so I'll explain myself:

I know it will generally be cheaper for me because a lot of the textbooks I need during college (for both of my majors, even!) are popular enough that most are located online for free in the usual places, as eBooks. Free. It really doesn't get much cheaper. Every course I've had this semester (and all the courses I've had in the previous semesters) I've found the textbooks for as eBooks. So yes, much cheaper, in general. The iPad will untether me from having to find a vacant PC to load up the PDF's on.

EDIT: If at all possible, I'd like the iPad to allow me to write small notes in the margins of my PDF's/eBooks, but I can only dream.. Without a notes application (that I've heard of?) on the iPad I'm not sure what I'm going to use my same stylus from my old Touch for.. I was really hoping to take good notes with it.

As for readability.. well, lets hope for the best. I guess if the screen is really horrible, I can always just use the iPad for reading my textbooks temporarily and always relocate to my better personal PC screen otherwise.
    Last edited by NessLookAlike; 03-31-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: derp

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

The cheapest way to get textbooks are half.com! Just make sure you get the correct edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    The cheapest way to get textbooks are half.com! Just make sure you get the correct edition.
    actually, that's not the cheapest way. but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    actually, that's not the cheapest way. but carry on.
    Hm, yes, agreed, hm.

The cheapest way other than free. I also use chegg to rent books that I won't need to keep. Or you could get them illegally online......

Th1$ 1$ @n @pr1l F00l$ j0ke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12