+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: April 3rd Supply of iPads... is Gone

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Orders placed from today on are no longer being guaranteed an April 3rd delivery. Why? Apple is rapidly depleting their supply of iPads. Sources close to the situation have indicated
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default April 3rd Supply of iPads... is Gone

Orders placed from today on are no longer being guaranteed an April 3rd delivery. Why? Apple is rapidly depleting their supply of iPads. Sources close to the situation have indicated that the initial supply for the April 3rd launch has been thoroughly decimated as customer demand has apparently outpaced the available supply.

This morning, Apple posted updated website content indicating that new orders for all three models of the WiFi-only iPad models will be pushed back to April 12th. While the customers who first pre-ordered their iPad only have another week to wait for delivery, anyone who decides this weekend to go through with a purchase will now have another three weeks to wait.

Although there was some confusion across the blogosphere this morning when the revised info from Apple was first discovered, the April 3rd delivery has not been changed for customer who have already ordered their tablet. The new April 12th delivery estimate only affects customer who order an iPad from this day forward. Through it all, however, Apple hasn't modified its tone about 3G enabled iPads. At present, they will still ship in late April.

Yesterday on MMI, we reported that customers who pre-ordered their iPads have begun reporting their credit cards being charged for the purchase of the iPad - further evidence of the first wave of iPad deliveries running smoothly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

wow

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How many people from this site are really getting a giant ipod touch

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait.. before you cut up the ipad like i have in pervious posts. This is good for computer illiterate people, like my mom and dad, if i got this for my mom she'd love it. It's like her iphone that her work has provided her and she enjoys searching the web and sending emails and listing to music.. so on so forth.. so yeah this might be a giant ipad but its perfect for some people. i still have my fingers crossed that apple is preparing a launch of a full computer on a the tablet and possibly a itablet and ipad.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

April 3 can't get here fast enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    Me. Good for Apple though, they have revolutionized computing and I'm glad the public now realizes that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't understand the draw to a computer without a filesystem browser. I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for iFile.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I totally agree!
    Last edited by vaughnhenry2; 03-27-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    I bought one also! Can't wait! Well my hubby bought it for my birthday!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

is it my browser or this site but its look alot different
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Wonders how many did apple have ready for the april 3rd ship date or receive date? Cant wait to hear that number i know a few people getting it

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope apple store has them here in Canada it's not busy so I will wait in line to get one like iPhone came out

Thanks

this will be infuriating without a proper file system

Thanks

I can't wait for a big ipod touch
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm getting one as well...

Thanks

Well this is just typical. The iPad is announced and immediately flamed to death, and yet people buy the moo out of that fluff upon launch. It's kinda funny how Apple manages to pull this off every time...
    Last edited by bewie; 03-27-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: edited for lulz
    Let's grow old together...
    ... And die at the same time

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my order in. I'm in it just for the bigger screen. I also will be taking it apart to see what makes it tik. There's not much inside a iPod touch. Wonder how much screen replacement parts will be?

Banned
    Thanks

Sorry cant justify paying that much money to Apple when the max space is only 64....
    Its just sad how ppl will use whatever resource and go into debt electronics.....

I'll wait till they drop the price.. I hope this product goes bottom up and Apples expectations are worse than they planned..

Common sense says... dont buy it right now..wait till the price is lowered... But of course there are those who dont care about spending money and will do whatever they can just to prove what???

(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by bewie View Post
    Well this is just typical. The iPad is announced and immediately flamed to death, and yet people buy the moo out of that fluff upon launch. It's kinda funny how Apple manages to pull this off every time...
    agreed....... the hype over what..... and I am STILL waiting to see what the memory is on this thing.. even the website doesnt say.. they just focus on the little boo 1ghz pro..

like that really means something... my netbook has that... but it also has 2GIG of memory...

OH my goodness... Im on hold with Apple to see what the "RAM" is on this ipad.. the website doesnt say.. no one knows and this apple guy doesnt even know.. hes having to look it up...... See the hype and glory over something that overpriced and no one can answer a simple question... I will edit once I get off the phone with Apple

So i get off the phone with Apple- guess what!! He doesnt know.. he tries to sell me the "A4 chip thats in it"...... calling an Apple store to see if these clowns know the answer...

And the answer is!!!!! They dont know either... The store referred me to 800-aplcare.....hahaha
    No one knows the memory or "RAM" of this ipad but yet ppl are going into debt to buy..... at least pc makes that known when a product is released....
    Last edited by Vathgol; 03-27-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Vathgol For This Useful Post:

Bluprint (03-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The 1ghz processor isn't a big deal anymore. There are a good amount of phones with more power than the iPad. It may earn my respect as it goes on, but at this point there is alot more work that could have been done.

I know everyone is all like "Oh well maybe people need to stop being lazy and use HTML" But the fact is that Apple could have optimized the coding on their OS FOR flash. Flash was meant for computers, if Adobe made flash specific for one device they would have to do it for them all.
    Not flaming here, but I had high hopes for this. Oh well. Maybe 2nd gen?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mudrock1000 For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (03-27-2010)