+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's Game On For The iPad's Big Debut

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
In the last twenty-four hours, reports have surfaced from individuals who pre-ordered an iPad that their credit/debit cards have been charged for the purchase. This development obviously suggests that the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default It's Game On For The iPad's Big Debut

In the last twenty-four hours, reports have surfaced from individuals who pre-ordered an iPad that their credit/debit cards have been charged for the purchase. This development obviously suggests that the shipping process is underway. Interestingly, some tablet buyers are similarly reporting that payment processing suggests that the iPad 3G is also preparing for takeoff.

In addition to these promising signs of the tablet's imminent arrival, on the digital content front rapid progress is being noted via the iTunes preview site. In recent weeks, Apple has made it clear to developers that it wants their best iPad apps submitted for review by March 27th in order to potentially include them in the iPad App Store, the grand opening of which also looms large. According to information listed on the iTunes preview site, such apps ready to roll include: Worms HDN, BA Hotshot HD, Numba HD, Plants vs. Zombie, Ammoin HD, Azkend HD, Flight Control HD, Grind HD, and HD Recovery. Before next weekend, it's likely we will see that list lengthen considerably.

In addition to reports of credit cards being charged and apps getting the final polish before the big push, Amazon has turned on its iPad page - granted, of course, there's nothing to see yet.

Meanwhile, Best Buy is also preparing for the mad rush to accompany the iPad's release. The latest speculation surrounding Best Buy's plan to accommodate the iPad's arrival is that the consumer electronics giant will only initially carry the iPad in fewer than 700 of its total 1000 US locations. The lucky 700 or so are those with a so-called "store-in-a-store" - that is, Best Buy stores with designated territory already reserved exclusively for Apple products.

Best Buy is making it clear far ahead of April 3rd that stores will not open early on launch day and that BestBuy.com won't initially offer the tablet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (03-26-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool...until it is accepted as a textbook replacement at college's, i don't think it will be worthwhile. The fanboy's will eat it up though

enough ipad talk around here, let's see more about the next gen iphone

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddy17 For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (03-26-2010), SquareWheel (03-26-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I pre ordered my ipad on the first day and I just checked my account and I have been charged... so hopefully my ipad will quickly be shipped to me... can't wait to get that shipping confirmation...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want to intergrate into my Saturn sky some how.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy17 View Post
    enough ipad talk around here, let's see more about the next gen iphone
    I find it infinitely ironic that people continue to give attention to something they wished was getting less attention.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClerkDante For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (03-26-2010), Poseidon79 (03-26-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

What's happening to the people who got the in-store pre-order? Are they being charged too?

Won't we be able to use old iPhone apps on it? The commercial guy said that they "rebuilt every app, from the ground up, to work with the iPad."

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    What's happening to the people who got the in-store pre-order? Are they being charged too?

Won't we be able to use old iPhone apps on it? The commercial guy said that they "rebuilt every app, from the ground up, to work with the iPad."
    I doubt that they are being charged, as it is only a reservation.

Yep you are going to be able to use iphone apps on it but what Im not sure of how?! Cause if you watch the iPad movie on apple.com you see how he opens a iphone app then the game is in the normal size (in iphone size) and it just blows itself up to the size of the iPad, so I dont really know if you get a crappy resolution or not... Your thoughts?
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Banned
    Thanks

the ppl that have wasted money on an iphone on steroids just to prove what?? $5-900 is just stupid.......
    why not just get a net book which would blow this over priced and under processed thing outta the water...
    HP is coming out with an ipad killer which i cant wait to buy which is a fraction of the cost... no crazy mark up like steve jobs and the entire apple ppl do..

Example: the 3G radio cost apple $12... this adds an extra $200 to the price if you want 3G services...
    Im never giving this company any more than what they deserve.. thank goodness for the internet....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    the ppl that have wasted money on an iphone on steroids just to prove what?? $5-900 is just stupid.......
    why not just get a net book which would blow this over priced and under processed thing outta the water...
    HP is coming out with an ipad killer which i cant wait to buy which is a fraction of the cost... no crazy mark up like steve jobs and the entire apple ppl do..

Example: the 3G radio cost apple $12... this adds an extra $200 to the price if you want 3G services...
    Im never giving this company any more than what they deserve.. thank goodness for the internet....
    Hey thanks again man. Way to go typing out a couple paragraphs for a product you don't care about. HP's slate isn't a fraction of the cost, but I'm not surprised that you can't read.

I really think that you should let someone else manage your money if you think $130 is the same as $200.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    Hey thanks again man. Way to go typing out a couple paragraphs for a product you don't care about. HP's slate isn't a fraction of the cost, but I'm not surprised that you can't read.

I really think that you should let someone else manage your money if you think $130 is the same as $200.
    $130 or $200 blah blah.........the point is that the mark up is stupid from apple....and it sounds like you bought yourself and ipad so i can understand you wanting to come to the aid and honor of Apple.. I dont hate apple, i just hate their greed... its soo obvious and you cant see that then maybe someone needs to manage your money.... and yes i can read bc this site had the cost of the mark up for that 3g radio that apple is skyrocketing the price on...

HP's pad will have more options than this ipad.. does anyone even know the ram space for this thing? still waiting on that to show.. and if its less than at least 512 what a waste of money.... netbooks come with a min of 1gig.. hdd is at least 120.. ipad just 64gig... really??? so yea common sense over status quo anyday

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i placed my order on the Friday pre sales launch day and my AMEX is still not charged.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy17 View Post
    cool...until it is accepted as a textbook replacement at college's, i don't think it will be worthwhile. The fanboy's will eat it up though
    Until it is.. accepted? Man, you can already download the majority of required college textbooks from the usual places, who cares if its accepted or not? I've never had a professor mandate that we MUST have the book form, and I can't think of any reason they ever would. iPad will be my college textbook replacement.

Thanks

im still kinda holding out on the iPad as bad as i want to hit the pre order button.

i wanna see about the Notion Ink Adam, plus i would like to physically play with the iPad to make sure im not forking over 699 or 829 (where do they come up with these prices) for no reason.....plus i kinda want the 3G especially since i accidnetly upgraded my phone to 3.1.3 with the baseband and cant get it jailbroke to use MyWi...
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    im still kinda holding out on the iPad as bad as i want to hit the pre order button.

i wanna see about the Notion Ink Adam, plus i would like to physically play with the iPad to make sure im not forking over 699 or 829 (where do they come up with these prices) for no reason.....plus i kinda want the 3G especially since i accidnetly upgraded my phone to 3.1.3 with the baseband and cant get it jailbroke to use MyWi...
    totally agree... where do they come up with these prices???? its called greeeeed from apple.. they want to scrape everything from ppl as much as they can....

just be patient.. apple will get those "must have-ers" first then lower to a price where it should have been in the first place... and I love jailbreaking as well....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Gotta love Kevin Rose...

How to love the iPad

Kinddle DX 9.7" - 489.00
    --
    1024x768 color display upgrade - 1.00
    Internet browsing upgrade - 1.00
    iPod w/16GB upgrade - 1.00
    Run iPhone apps upgrade - 1.00
    1Gz A4 processor upgrade - 1.00
    H.264 720P HD video upgrade - 1.00
    Bluetooth upgrade - 1.00
    10hr battery upgrade - 1.00
    Multi-touch display upgrade - 1.00
    Digital compass/accelerometer - 1.00
    --
    Your cost: iPad 499.00

It will replace my Kinddle, and 3rd party development will extend the device to do things we can't even dream up right now. I, for one, welcome our new iPad overlord - but then again I'm a card carrying fanboy. - K. Rose

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why do people come in here complaining about Apples prices and then compare them to HP products. Don't worry about what other consumers do with their money. Some people like to have the newest technology, but don't come in here talkin bout it's too expensive and people shouldn't buy it because you too poor to get one. And hp, Dell, and any other device that tries to mimick apple is inferior which is why apple has loyal customers. Quit hating on what you can't afford

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i placed my order on the Friday pre sales launch day and my AMEX is still not charged.....
    I called Amex about this, and in the case of my card (Gold) they do get the hit for the authorization, but they don't place it on your online statement.

Quote Originally Posted by rioswag View Post
    Why do people come in here complaining about Apples prices and then compare them to HP products.
    The quality of HP products, oddly enough, was the very reason I made the jump to Apple products a couple of years ago. Their laptops are literally disposable.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 03-26-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got an auth when I placed my order. It feel off. They run an auth and this is how they ensure you really can pay, but by law they can't take your money until they have goods to provide.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    I doubt that they are being charged, as it is only a reservation.

Yep you are going to be able to use iphone apps on it but what Im not sure of how?! Cause if you watch the iPad movie on apple.com you see how he opens a iphone app then the game is in the normal size (in iphone size) and it just blows itself up to the size of the iPad, so I dont really know if you get a crappy resolution or not... Your thoughts?
    I thought that it would be really bad quality, you can't make a small picture big, without destroying it's quality!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i got my account debited for my 64gb ipad then today themoney was debited for the accessories (case and dock)