Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Surveys: 100% Don't Know What iPad's For

  1. #41
    I'm sure, once it is jailbroken,the
    possibilities are endless. Let's be positive about it and make it useful. SJ

  2. #42
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    I keep imagining myself syncing all my stuff from my macbook to the ipad with itunes and then looking back and forth between the two and then realizing... why not just take my macbook? lol

  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    The minority that think that you can't browse the web well on the iPhone have the right to think that. Just realize that you are the minority. I am sure Apple will love you for buying an ipod touch XL (aka ipad) simply to browse the internet on a larger screen. I truly think people are not considering both sides of the coin when thinking about size. Sure the screen will be bigger, but it is also going to keep you from slipping the thing in your pocket. In my opinion that is a much bigger thing to sacrifice than being able to see more on the screen at any given time. Really the biggest application of the ipad is that I see is for medical chart keeping. With the proper software integrating to a server this thing could fill the void that is left by bulkier tablet PCs. I do see microsoft's upcoming slate device competing for this same spot though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Juan, P.R.
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I know that once on the market everybody will want one just because I think Steve reserve the best for last. and the cool apps for ipad will start to flow. for me I will use it as a portable movie player!!

  5. #45
    How many pre-orders in the first day?

    why do you think no one knows what to do with it?

    are you kidding me?

    Mention iPad get some google hits... that's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by surgeanator View Post
    I think the iPad is a big waste of time. I think people will realize that when they get there hands on one. I bet there will be plenty of people selling them used in a month or so, after the initial release.
    Why do you come on a site driven by apple products then?
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-24-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 69 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    You guys are crazy, just wait Till apps start coming out for this

    I already ordered mine for school
    When I hear people say they're getting a net/notebook for school, it usually means they're going to use it to take notes in class, which is something you have to pay an extra $120 (price of the iPad case, keyboard, and the QuickOffice app) to do on the iPad, which brings the price before tax to $620 for the baseline model. And when considering for $399 you can buy a Dell Mini10 that runs Snow Leopard flawlessly, the need for an iPad quickly diminishes; but hey, you'll always look cool in Starbucks.

  7. #47
    ^ but isn't that the whole point? You will get so many free drinks at starbezzy's as soon as you whip that out.

  8. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    I so agree.. I've commented before on this very thing, but ppl will spend money however they want, and will go in debt trying to please and wanting to be the talk over coffee...
    then they talk about if the ipad is priced reasonably? really its over priced just like ALL of apples products....i hate going into an apple store for an iphone issue bc you see these fake news paper readers, or ppl who think they are gods gift to the earth ooo and ahhh over high priced products....my iphone cost me $100 on a deal from craigslist.. took it into an apple store and made up some sad speaker story just so i could use their system and got me an unscratched phone all for $100.... thats about what an iphone is worth.. i dont care what ppl claim it can do.. thats why i will continue to jailbreak and use the internet.. power to the internet... $500 can go to upgrading my Hayabusa.... an Ipad.. please... Im from NJ.. I'll pick one up for sure.. just not at $500... hehehe
    You should read your own words..especially the "Gods own gift" part. Do you think your better than all those people who want to pay the extra money for products? Do you think your smarter than they are? You have no right to judge them just because you don't share the same opinion as they do.

    Everyone has a right to buy and pay whatever they want for whatever they want, and they don't need people like you judging them because you don't think the product is worth it. Stop judging so much, spend your time worrying about more important things. An what are you going to do, lug your AV cables around with you every where you go, and hope you have something to plug them into? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    When I hear people say they're getting a net/notebook for school, it usually means they're going to use it to take notes in class, which is something you have to pay an extra $120 (price of the iPad case, keyboard, and the QuickOffice app) to do on the iPad, which brings the price before tax to $620 for the baseline model. And when considering for $399 you can buy a Dell Mini10 that runs Snow Leopard flawlessly, the need for an iPad quickly diminishes; but hey, you'll always look cool in Starbucks.
    What is your point?...is your goal in life to try and stop people from buying an iPad or any Apple products for that matter? Seriously...we know what a Dell mini costs compared to an iPad...who cares?
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-25-2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #49
    Default No iPad for me
    I love the idea of the iPad. One of my businesses REQUIRES the use of flash. (http://AmazingCardSender.com) I wish I could do this from my iphone (Still waiting for them to make an app) But since the iPad is still NOT the full internet as promised and flash is missing, I will not be purchasing one anytime soon.

    I love my iPhone and use my laptop... I love using MyWi to tether my phone's internet to my laptop as well... so there is no need for the iPad or paying for another service.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    I so agree.. I've commented before on this very thing, but ppl will spend money however they want, and will go in debt trying to please and wanting to be the talk over coffee...
    then they talk about if the ipad is priced reasonably? really its over priced just like ALL of apples products....i hate going into an apple store for an iphone issue bc you see these fake news paper readers, or ppl who think they are gods gift to the earth ooo and ahhh over high priced products....my iphone cost me $100 on a deal from craigslist.. took it into an apple store and made up some sad speaker story just so i could use their system and got me an unscratched phone all for $100.... thats about what an iphone is worth.. i dont care what ppl claim it can do.. thats why i will continue to jailbreak and use the internet.. power to the internet... $500 can go to upgrading my Hayabusa.... an Ipad.. please... Im from NJ.. I'll pick one up for sure.. just not at $500... hehehe
    Man you are a genius. I want to be just like you.

    Thanks for spending so much time commenting in a product thread you apparently have no interest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    When I hear people say they're getting a net/notebook for school, it usually means they're going to use it to take notes in class, which is something you have to pay an extra $120 (price of the iPad case, keyboard, and the QuickOffice app) to do on the iPad, which brings the price before tax to $620 for the baseline model. And when considering for $399 you can buy a Dell Mini10 that runs Snow Leopard flawlessly, the need for an iPad quickly diminishes; but hey, you'll always look cool in Starbucks.
    Were you planning to pay for the OSX you were going to install on that machine? What about the Office?

    There is no kb required, like the iPhone. iWork is 30 bucks.

    Do your math before brewing the haterade. Or were you just advocating piracy.
    Last edited by shizzabrick; 03-25-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #51
    With all the buzz around this thing I found myself pondering how I could justify buying one and what I would use it for. I personally wouldn't carry it around with me. I stay connected enough between my iphone and my work BB and netbook I really dont need another device with me at all times. So with that being said I thought well maybe there is something I could do with it at home. I have the pc in the office and my laptop in front of me and my PS3 all hooked to my network for all my multimedia fixations.
    So what would I do with an ipad?
    Then it hit me like a stroke of genius. This thing would make a killer Juke Box for the game room. Maybe make a case for it to sit in or stand of some sort. Wired into my game room surround receiver with my entire i-tunes collection for friends and family to scroll through the snazzy cover art. Or maybe even install the crestron app from itunes app store and upgrade my home automation touchscreen controller. I always wanted this bad boy but the $2500 price tag never seemed worth it. So I will probably buy an ipad to control my home automation and media content for my game room.

  12. #52
    I thanked the people I agree with. lol.

    I really don't see how this is useful OUT OF THE BOX. Now when Jailbreaking comes a long, who knows?

    I thought the iPhone was **** until I researched and discovered Jailbreaking. That's when I actually went out and bought one.

    Does that mean I'll do the same for the iPad? Probably not. Even though it's vaporware, the Courier just looks like it'd be more for what I need.

    But this thing will do good. I mean it's Apple. People buy Apple just to say they have an Apple because they don't know any better. That's where Apple capitalizes and they do it damn well.

    Oh well, to each their own.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

  13. #53
    They obviously tried to make something as convenient as an iPhone and as capable as a netbook. However what they have accomplished is an unhappy compromise. It's a large inconvenient glass box that is has very hindered capabilities compared to your average laptop. Certainly with a jailbreak and the appstore you can gain capability but in my opinion it doesn't compare to a real computer software. And for the price you could probably get a acer netbook and an iphone and be way better off.

    Yet they will sell millions because it is the newest fancy thing
    Last edited by Periodic; 03-26-2010 at 11:02 AM.

  14. #54
    Agreed that it is not for everyone but it was never meant to replace a real computer or the phone. There are people that will find this a very useful device while others will think it is crap. But if you think you need it buy it if you don't wait and see what other tablet/slates come out.

  15. #55
    Default My Reason:
    Virtual iPad Turntables

    Currently I love the free Baby Scratch app, it's a really simple turntable that lets you record from your mic and then use a virtual turntable to scratch that sound up. This kind of app on a larger iPad would be a VERY useful tool. If Technic made a 1200 app that could crossfade when synced between two iPads DJ's the world over would go crazy.

    Last edited by joshbot; 03-29-2010 at 04:51 AM. Reason: better way to say it.

  16. #56
    I was excited about the iPad, but not interested anymore. Think I'm gonna go with the Archos 9, I don't need a XXL iPod Touch! If the iPad actually had a OS that would be one thing. I consider it about useless!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbot View Post
    Virtual iPad Turntables

    Currently I love the free Baby Scratch app, it's a really simple turntable that lets you record from your mic and then use a virtual turntable to scratch that sound up....




    What's to come: Mixr and iMockups
    Last edited by severe; 03-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.

  18. #58
    I saw that earlier and thought very nice. They are using the mulit touch and bigger screen size to expand the apps.

  19. #59
    Joshbot jumps up runs while waving arms into other room screaming "Holy **** on my dog with a jack knife they did it AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Eventually he comes back in and calmly states "eventually it had to happen" but a strange and wild glint remains in his eye.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •