+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Surveys: 100% Don't Know What iPad's For

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by zozodouce YOU KNOW IT KILLS ME WHEN PEOPLE SAY THINGS LIKE THAT, OH MY IPHONE IS THIS AND THAT. YES I KNOW THE IPHONE IS THE BEST
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    YOU KNOW IT KILLS ME WHEN PEOPLE SAY THINGS LIKE THAT, OH MY IPHONE IS THIS AND THAT. YES I KNOW THE IPHONE IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND TO ME AND MOST OF US HERE,BUT THE PHONE IS TOO SMALL TO ENJOY ANYTHING ON IT.I WISH APPLE WOULD PUT A PHONE FUNCTION IN THE IPAd.
    Wow, omg you found the caps lock button. Your point is stupid because I can't do nothing on my iPhone except that I can surf the web, play games, text, make a call, listen to the music

And I also want to hold a giant iPod to my head!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I watch tv shows and movies on my iTouch daily it's not too small, but i see the point of the ipad, my iTouch is to small to browse the internet and read books on, also I would like to watch movies on sometimes a little bigger sometimes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    I would use it as a photo frame something classy like that
    roflmao

Checking email, browsing the web...you guys are getting punk'd. I'm with all the others who can't find a use for this device. I already have a computer that fits in my pocket (i.e., an iPhone), and very small laptop for anything else. I actually find myself preferring to surf on my phone for casual reading. Having said that, for NON-iPhone users, perhaps the iPad has merit. I have heard non-users say that they couldn't imagine reading text on a screen as small as the iPhone's. To each his own, I guess. I still feel that this product will be a FAIL.
    Last edited by Amadomon; 03-24-2010 at 03:25 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadomon For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (03-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bagek View Post
    I'd sell it since I have no use for it. My iPhone does everything iPad does. Its more like a giant PDA iPad=iPda
    You sound really ignorant. You don't know what the Ipad does. Come back in a few weeks, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Wow, omg you found the caps lock button. Your point is stupid because I can't do nothing on my iPhone except that I can surf the web, play games, text, make a call, listen to the music

And I also want to hold a giant iPod to my head!
    If you're going to complain about his caps then you should first sort out your HORRIBLE BOLD RED text, as it makes you look like mommy doesn't give you enough attention
    Last edited by redcard; 03-24-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

Banned
    Thanks

Heres my opinion. I have a iphone, laptop, netbook, and PC. If I can't do it on any one of them then I really have a problem. I can't see the reason for having an ipad with everything I already have so no reason to buy one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydee For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (03-24-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I had a dream about the iPad a few nights ago and I haven't pre-ordered one or am even convinced I'll buy one. I might be a lost cause

But in the dream I was using it to check email and surf the web
    Theres no need to buy an Ipad.. its just a waste of money at what an Iphone can already do.. theres nothing special about it except steve jobs is just greedy..... just wait until Apple drops the price... let everyone else waste their money on a product just so they can fit into whatever mold of "I have it" ....

HP is making a tablet if you want a device thin in size.. the Ipad offers nothing on it except for some stupid chip that steve job is boasting about.. we STILL dont know the memory of this thing and the max space is 64gig... are you kidding me?? so HP will is in process of having everything this over priced product has plus more.. just wait.. its not worth it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

I also don't know what is iPad for......

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
    Heres my opinion. I have a iphone, laptop, netbook, and PC. If I can't do it on any one of them then I really have a problem. I can't see the reason for having an ipad with everything I already have so no reason to buy one.
    totally agree with ya......whats the point in wasting $5-900 on a product that does what my iphone can do..if i want a bigger screen, i have a/v cables for my iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

I would only use it to make some awesome themes, because of the possibilities on theming that device
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

I won't use it for anything without a proper jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no good explanation for an iPad and how the world needs it. Apple just took the netbook ideas, removed some hard drive space, took away a full OS and slapped in on a sexy package. The iphone redefined the mobile game....the ipad redefined nothing. It'll sell though because its apple and when one consumer sees another consumer at the local Starbucks with one reading a cosmopolitan magaine then they will jump on it. Call me old skool (I'm only 26) but I prefer sitting on the "porcelain throne" with a nice physical magazine flipping pages instead of walking in with a mini-plasma TV. I can see it becoming cool once the jailbreakers add cool stuff to it....but for not it's a definite PASS. I'll take that $600 and move it over to my 55" Samsung 3D-LED fund.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to giancarlo For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (03-26-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

its not between a phone or a laptop. it is some ipod touch with a growth defect...

Thanks

You guys are crazy, just wait Till apps start coming out for this

I already ordered mine for school

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

i dunno....wouldn't you have to lay it down to play games on it?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    There is no good explanation for an iPad and how the world needs it. Apple just took the netbook ideas, removed some hard drive space, took away a full OS and slapped in on a sexy package. The iphone redefined the mobile game....the ipad redefined nothing. It'll sell though because its apple and when one consumer sees another consumer at the local Starbucks with one reading a cosmopolitan magaine then they will jump on it. Call me old skool (I'm only 26) but I prefer sitting on the "porcelain throne" with a nice physical magazine flipping pages instead of walking in with a mini-plasma TV. I can see it becoming cool once the jailbreakers add cool stuff to it....but for not it's a definite PASS. I'll take that $600 and move it over to my 55" Samsung 3D-LED fund.
    I so agree.. I've commented before on this very thing, but ppl will spend money however they want, and will go in debt trying to please and wanting to be the talk over coffee...
    then they talk about if the ipad is priced reasonably? really its over priced just like ALL of apples products....i hate going into an apple store for an iphone issue bc you see these fake news paper readers, or ppl who think they are gods gift to the earth ooo and ahhh over high priced products....my iphone cost me $100 on a deal from craigslist.. took it into an apple store and made up some sad speaker story just so i could use their system and got me an unscratched phone all for $100.... thats about what an iphone is worth.. i dont care what ppl claim it can do.. thats why i will continue to jailbreak and use the internet.. power to the internet... $500 can go to upgrading my Hayabusa.... an Ipad.. please... Im from NJ.. I'll pick one up for sure.. just not at $500... hehehe

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does everyone keep saying that it is a big iPhone? It can't call! It is a big iPod Touch! Make things clear?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

People complained about the use of the first iPhone too but people were crazy in line for the 3G. It takes time to see what the focus will be. I plan on getting one as a living room device for the family. Just to read the news or browse a webpage or check mail quickly while watching tv. I have 2 laptops and a desktop and the iPhone. I use my iPhone this way as of now because I just don't feel like grabbing the laptop and waiting on it to wake up. This is what he said it will be. Not a replacement for computer not for iphone, just an in between device. Call me stupid for paying 500$ for it instead of a netbook but been there done that and feel like this is the better option since I can afford it.
    Last edited by Cer0; 03-24-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying that it is a big iPhone? It can't call! It is a big iPod Touch! Make things clear?!?
    dude you're so wrong.... it CAN make calls.. thats why apple is coming out with two models... 1) just WI-FI ONLY and the 2) with WI-FI AND 3G .. which means you can put a sim card into the Ipad which talks to the network which gets phone calls....

thats how that works

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

Lol; hopefully you are saying that with sarcasim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the iPad is a big waste of time. I think people will realize that when they get there hands on one. I bet there will be plenty of people selling them used in a month or so, after the initial release.