Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T May Not Sell The iPad

What's Jailbreak? socalrailroader's Avatar
    Redwood Valley, Northwest Calif/but SoCal Born&Raised
    Thanks

Hmm, the closest Apple Store and Best Buy to this area are both 70 miles south in Santa Rosa, I guess they don't want to sell the iPad to those outside of bigger cities. No loss on me, I don't want one, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Is this more psuedo news?
    No, ignorance based on one persons opinion.

1. Why would AT&T be severely impacted by the release of uncontracted phones? The price point for said phones is between 500-700 dollars which is hardly a good deal considering with contract the phones are still 400 dollars cheaper. AND they still only work on networks that use SIM card technology so the VZW fanboys are still out in the cold.

2. Why would AT&T be hurt by the iPad not being sold in their stores? You still have to get the wireless service through AT&T for iPads that are 3G enabled.

AT&T is a service provider and they do not make money off of the product. In fact AT&T pays apple a concession fee to even carry the iPhone. They make money from the service they provide not the iPhone or iPad. Fact is, the wind in the sails for the iPad/iPhone is starting to calm. New phones, better phones are coming out all the time. The only hold on the market right now that the iPhone has is the iTunes store. Sooner or later that is going to end as well. Thing is, now that apple is selling the uncontracted phones the average uninformed consumer can see exactly how expensive it is to own an iPhone.

All this, and I am a die hard iPhone user. Go figure huh?

Quote Originally Posted by socalrailroader View Post
    Hmm, the closest Apple Store and Best Buy to this area are both 70 miles south in Santa Rosa, I guess they don't want to sell the iPad to those outside of bigger cities. No loss on me, I don't want one, but still.
    That's what apple.com is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Conas View Post
    The 3G service can be activated at Best Buy, right? I think this saves AT&T a headache. Not having to deal with customers demanding on-site repair is a major plus.
    good apple stores have to deal with nagging and applefans..... but you will still have the "no so smart ppl" go into at&t with their nose up in the air like they owe them some special treatment

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    no, ignorance based on one persons opinion.

1. Why would at&t be severely impacted by the release of uncontracted phones? The price point for said phones is between 500-700 dollars which is hardly a good deal considering with contract the phones are still 400 dollars cheaper. And they still only work on networks that use sim card technology so the vzw fanboys are still out in the cold.

2. Why would at&t be hurt by the ipad not being sold in their stores? You still have to get the wireless service through at&t for ipads that are 3g enabled.

At&t is a service provider and they do not make money off of the product. In fact at&t pays apple a concession fee to even carry the iphone. They make money from the service they provide not the iphone or ipad. Fact is, the wind in the sails for the ipad/iphone is starting to calm. New phones, better phones are coming out all the time. The only hold on the market right now that the iphone has is the itunes store. Sooner or later that is going to end as well. Thing is, now that apple is selling the uncontracted phones the average uninformed consumer can see exactly how expensive it is to own an iphone.

All this, and i am a die hard iphone user. Go figure huh?
    lol....

Thanks

trust me I work on the apple & att partnership division and the reps in the att store are waiting for those to hit our stores they will be selling them because they are on commission so you can bet that they are excited about selling them... Believe me AT&T will be the exclusive vendor for the 3G signal of the iPad...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flintTC View Post
    I have a close relative that works for AT&T without saying too much about him, he always finds out what new devices are coming out a couple months before they hit the stores. He told me the iPad was never coming to AT&T stores it was just a rumor started by other people outside of both companies

wow well he musnt know much because Steve Jobs would not say in his announcenment powerpoint that AT&T is going to be the exclusive carrier might wanna check your source again....I work on the partnership division and I can tell you that we will carry the iPad
    Last edited by Je5; 03-24-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12