+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Struggling to Get Content for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Cool story! _______________________________ iPhone - Jailbreak = Dumbphone?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Umm...
    Cool story!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

lol, this is a joke, right?

There is already more content available for the iPad then I will be able to view/read/use in a life time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Newspapers and TV are still stuck in the Dark Ages and need to learn the new digital paradym. When are they gonna learn or will the make the same mistake music companies did. Digtial is where it is and where it is going, they need to get their heads out of the sand!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Flash IS CPU-intensive, and few sites use it properly.
    that was true in 2000

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stickyd View Post
    Apple may be rushing to try and secure an "all-you-can-eat" subscription-based service, but in no way will content be limited on the iPad as this article implies. You'll still be able to download music, tv shows, movies, etc...Apple wanted a monthly service fee to allow it's iPad users to select any network, show or movie to download, but the networks are pushing back. Therefore, Apple is trying to negotiate a $.99 per episode for TV downloads. This is all to benefit it's customers. However, if they don't get this done by launch, it's by no means a failure as some would imply. There's no other deals remotely similar to what Apple was trying to negotiate, so it's a moot point. Idiot bloggers!
    very nice;but don't call them idiots, just uninformed.

Thanks

oh my goodness i am going to buy so many ipads i am so excited i pre oredered 2 of them for my parents and i am so happy.

god bless america

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (03-19-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This Wall Street Journal report seems false. I know tons of developers and have inside info from analysts, that I cannot reveal due to NDAs, that the iPad Content is very very strong. I got to see a huge glimpse of the content last night at a conference on the iPad and Handheld technology.

PS-Kyle, that commercial is too funny.
    Last edited by Melech518; 03-19-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysir View Post
    Newspapers and TV are still stuck in the Dark Ages and need to learn the new digital paradym. When are they gonna learn or will the make the same mistake music companies did. Digtial is where it is and where it is going, they need to get their heads out of the sand!
    Obviously you dont work in either field (as I do ) and dont feel the crunch of the internet taking away my job . I work for the local paper and we do the Wall Street also . Times are bad and it is a trickle down affect coming to more than just us . Think of the paper , ink , and chemical companies getting downsized because of technology . The daily paper wont go away just yet , but it is inevitable . How are people going to afford to buy this stuff (ipad) if they are not working ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hope Apple will learn having a cool looking device does not sell itself, without people supporting it with content it is just a pretty hardware.

Thanks

Good point fallguy but you can't expect companies to stay in business forever when the general public is no longer willing to support an outdated form of news consumption. Times and tech are changing quickly. There are jobs that 50 years ago were needed but in today's economy are no longer viable. Change happens all the time. Those that take advantage prosper and those unwilling to do so get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks

iPod Touch XL = Apple TV

Thanks

i'll take the wheels!
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Good point fallguy but you can't expect companies to stay in business forever when the general public is no longer willing to support an outdated form of news consumption. Times and tech are changing quickly. There are jobs that 50 years ago were needed but in today's economy are no longer viable. Change happens all the time. Those that take advantage prosper and those unwilling to do so get lost in the shuffle.
    While being on the money on the logic, I believe that speed in which the change happens is a bit too cutthroat. 50 years ago, or country wasn't so quick to throw entire industries (and their employees) out with the bath water like they do today. The current system of capitalism in America has really destroyed the concept of looking out for the "little guy". These newspapers will shut down, one by one, with some mudsucking jerk buying the company at a fraction of true market worth, and the owners will not even provide people like fallguy with the backpay/pension/benefits they are owed. Then the building will become stripclub or something. Despicable practices, but as long as you can continue reading the times on the crapper, who cares, right?

Those of you who think I'm exaggerating, ever been to Flint, MI? Or just about any town where job cuts have decimated the local economy.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cpkirkley For This Useful Post:

Fallguy (03-24-2010)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12