+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Greenpois0n to Serve Up iPad Jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos All of the naysayers here will eat their words and then we can all come back to this thread later and point/laugh at them. Coding will
...
  1. #61
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    All of the naysayers here will eat their words and then we can all come back to this thread later and point/laugh at them. Coding will make you want to pull your hair out. One piece at a time.
    I'd rather eat my words then throw away my money

    I am a programmer and I have yet to pull a single hair out. Why? Because I know how to program.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 03-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.

  2. #62
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,825
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Ja ja. Not all programming is hair intensive heh. Take a dive into iboot sometime. Although I have absolutely no interest in the iPad, future jailbreaks are apparently on hold for it which I think is crap. The hold up should be for the next gen iPhone. Time will tell.

  3. #63
    tma
    tma is offline
    Green Apple tma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    If they are smart, they will hold all exploits until the 3G iPad is released. This way Apple cannot correct any bootrom exploits.
    Or 4G iphone is released!

  4. #64
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post

    I am a programmer and I have yet to pull a single hair out. Why? Because I know how to program.
    Oh arm assembly is easy? Why are you wasting so much time posting in threads wishing for geohot to update blackra1n and blacksn0w. Please sir, if you can make a jailbreak tool without pulling your hair out, do it. Only part of this thread that is fail is the part where ungrateful children refuse to acknowledge the work of others.

    Also reverse psychology of calling the devs names and calling geohot lazy is not going to make them want to prove you wrong. It will just make them want to say forget it. They will sit back and keep their fine work to themselves.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-18-2010), Windmeel (03-18-2010)

  6. #65
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Oh arm assembly is easy? Why are you wasting so much time posting in threads wishing for geohot to update blackra1n and blacksn0w. Please sir, if you can make a jailbreak tool without pulling your hair out, do it. Only part of this thread that is fail is the part where ungrateful children refuse to acknowledge the work of others.

    Also reverse psychology of calling the devs names and calling geohot lazy is not going to make them want to prove you wrong. It will just make them want to say forget it. They will sit back and keep their fine work to themselves.
    LOL, Ok, Chronic Dev Team says hey, donate and we will get a device so we can jailbreak/unlock it. They failed to deliver, here we are again in the same situation, this time we have a photoshopped image to get us all drooling and throwing money at nothing.

    I NEVER said I was a reverse engineer or knew arm assembly. I do however know people that do, have gone to school and have great jobs doing such. Among other things.

    Coming on a forum and saying hey, I am jobless, I spend all day looking for exploits and get paid nothing, takes donations, and shows nothing for it.

    WAKE UP
    That is fraud in its most basic form, take someones money and don't deliver anything in return.

    THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE. History repeating itself. Happens all the time.

    Chronic Dev Team are Chronic Liars. Simple as that.

    I do however encourage you to prove me wrong. Not to challenge you, or reverse psychology, of whatever is being claimed, but to simply clear your name, because as of right now you, your team, and your software are vaporware. NOTHING.

    I could careless about a jailbreak, I pay for my software.

    GeoHot is not lazy, he has the biggest ego on earth. He also has more talent in one pinky finger then Chronic Dev Team will ever have.

    If you refuse to look at the facts, or if you have and still want to throw money at this "Team", by all means, go for it.

    One last thing, lets not start trying to define what a donation is. We all know what it is. The problem is Chronic Dev Team promised a jailbreak in return for those donations and did not hold up their end. If they did in fact have a program like blackra1n and gave up because they have competition, they should have sold the device and refunded everyone's money. Imagine if Ford made a sedan, and then decided at the last minute to scrap it because Toyota released a problematic competing sedan, and Ford kept all of the money the dealers paid them to get the cars on their lots and delivered no cars.

    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-18-2010 at 10:52 AM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

    badbrain88 (03-18-2010)

  8. #66
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    Is it just me, it wasn't Greenpois0n origionaly going to be a iPT 3 untethered jailbreak?

  9. #67
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    k. You don't want to debate the meaning of donation? RAWL

    Just because you don't see a t00l on your end to jailbreak your idevice doesn't mean their work was not utilized to brink a jailbreak to the market. You don't get it and that's fine.

    Anyway I will gladly donate $5 here and there to help other people in this community develop tools that we all enjoy. Even if that person doesn't ever release anything, I will take the gamble if it might help. However its not a gamble when they have released so many tools:

    irecovery, genpass, gidecrypt, and other contributions:

    posixninja's Profile - GitHub
    Search results - The iPhone Wiki

    irecovery alone is worth $25. I have and will continue donating.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-18-2010)

  11. #68
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post



    GeoHot is not lazy, he has the biggest ego on earth. He also has more talent in one pinky finger then Chronic Dev Team will ever have.



    haha, no joke.

    Off topic, but seriously, what is up with geohot putting his pic on releases. I thought it was a joke the 1st time I saw it. Is there a reason beyond vanity? He may be a hacking genius, but it's still just plain ***. <<<< is "g-a-y" a "bad" word? is this kindergarten? can i say "lesbian", instead?
    Last edited by badbrain88; 03-18-2010 at 11:35 AM.

  12. #69
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrain88 View Post
    haha, no joke.

    Off topic, but seriously, what is up with geohot putting his pic on releases. I thought it was a joke the 1st time I saw it. Is there a reason beyond vanity? He may be a hacking genius, but it's still just plain ***. <<<< is "g-a-y" a "bad" word? is this kindergarten? can i say "lesbian", instead?
    I think it was to help fight against people selling the software as their own. But lets be honest, you don't see the software before you buy it from those places, so it doesn't matter.

    Pure LESBIAN Ego

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    k. You don't want to debate the meaning of donation? RAWL

    Just because you don't see a t00l on your end to jailbreak your idevice doesn't mean their work was not utilized to brink a jailbreak to the market. You don't get it and that's fine.

    Anyway I will gladly donate $5 here and there to help other people in this community develop tools that we all enjoy. Even if that person doesn't ever release anything, I will take the gamble if it might help. However its not a gamble when they have released so many tools:

    irecovery, genpass, gidecrypt, and other contributions:

    posixninja's Profile - GitHub
    Search results - The iPhone Wiki

    irecovery alone is worth $25. I have and will continue donating.
    The problem is Chronic Dev Team promised a jailbreak in return for those donations and did not hold up their end.

  13. #70
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Please post link where they said donation = jailbreak tool release.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-18-2010)

  15. #71
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Back Chronic Dev Blog



    fund for ipt3 when that time comes around, so we can do some tests and get out a jailbreak asap.
    /me waits for the word twisting to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Please post link where they said donation = jailbreak tool release.
    Seriously? Do you think anyone would have donated to just run some tests? It is worded in a way that implies donations = ipt3 for test and jailbreak.

    Maybe they should choose their words more wisely next time.
    -----
    Since people didn’t read what I said in the comments, yes greenpois0n is still being developed and yes it will be released by the end of the year.
    more broken promises...

    ----
    “wouldn’t it be fun to delay untethered jb 2 months past when it’s ready just to teach these people a lesson?”
    Jobless and childish.

    ----

    Done with this, I will just be laughing when they still have nothing to show after GeoHot jailbreaks the iPad.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.

  16. #72
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    Haha, it's almost to the point where I hope they don't release a new jailbreak, ever. Just to spite all the tards who keep saying it's easy( so do it yourself) and the wanna be's who try using 1st grade reverse phsychology( na na, you can't do it) bunch of jackasses.
    I'll just keep using my 3g until it's no longer supported and then get a razr. FU

  17. #73
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Haha, it's almost to the point where I hope they don't release a new jailbreak, ever. Just to spite all the tards who keep saying it's easy( so do it yourself) and the wanna be's who try using 1st grade reverse phsychology( na na, you can't do it) bunch of jackasses.
    I'll just keep using my 3g until it's no longer supported and then get a razr. FU
    I haven't said it was easy, GeoHot has...

    I am just pointing out that all of these people are blindly throwing money at another scam by a jobless con artist while defending him.

    I agree, no more jailbreaks, people just use it to pirate software.

    For the rest of you defending these cons, just do them a favor, drop your pants and bend over.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-18-2010 at 02:30 PM.

  18. #74
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    Fail

    so he said it's easy, whatever, maybe to him it is. But if he doesn't want to do it, or he wants to wait till the time is right, that's obviousley his decision. Do you really think you're going to taunt him into doing it?

    You are entitled to your opinion of the dev team, I just hope you aren't using anything that is the fruits
    of their labors

    Fail- I use my jailbreak to take advantage of all the incredible jailbreak apps and mods and tweaks, just like many other people. I've never used anything pirated. Pirates will be pirates regardless of jailbreaking

    ^you can always tell when someone realizes they are on the losing end of an argument by the way they revert to childish or lewd comments. Gotta love it, you fail
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 03-18-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

    dsg (03-31-2010)

  20. #75
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    WTF!? Are you going to tell me they will break this and NOT the 3gs?

    I would imagine this has the same or similar security with memory etc that has kept 3gs and ipt3g users from proper jailbreaks

  21. #76
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Fail

    so he said it's easy, whatever, maybe to him it is. But if he doesn't want to do it, or he wants to wait till the time is right, that's obviousley his decision. Do you really think you're going to taunt him into doing it?

    You are entitled to your opinion of the dev team, I just hope you aren't using anything that is the fruits
    of their labors

    Fail- I use my jailbreak to take advantage of all the incredible jailbreak apps and mods and tweaks, just like many other people. I've never used anything pirated. Pirates will be pirates regardless of jailbreaking

    ^you can always tell when someone realizes they are on the losing end of an argument by the way they revert to childish or lewd comments. Gotta love it, you fail
    Go back and read... you missed the entire point... gosh.

    I mean hell, we aren't even talking about THE DEV TEAM. We are talking about CHRONIC DEV TEAM.

    I am not taunting them, I am pointing out the FRAUD taking place here.

    "childish or lewd comments" - that was a figure of speech... I didn't mean to literally left them f*ck you up the a**. <- now that was lewd

    -----------

    @StealthBravo - No offense to anyone, just my opinion on the matter, I provided what proof I had as requested by you.

    I am curious, have you actually used greenp0ison? From reading some of your other posts it sounds like you have a bit more connection with the chronic dev team, beta test connections.

    Why won't they release it? The fact that GeoHot released something doesn't seem like a good reason to just say the hell with it.

    I realize now would be horrible timing for a release seeing as the iPad and next gen iPhone are on the horizon. They said before the end of the year, that has come and gone and nothing from them. Blog posts end in Nov.

    This is what I see, they got money for and ipt3, showed off some stuff that looked like a jailbreak and when the sh*t hit the fan they stopped posting. Is this going to happen again? Are we going to see donations for them to get an iPad only to have them not release anything because they want to wait for the 4.0? Then take more donations when that rolls around and vanish until another devices comes out they want?
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 03-18-2010 at 04:18 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

    shirwan72 (04-19-2010)

  23. #77
    Green Apple elementvdz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    It must suck being a developer and putting all of that hard work into finding exploits and such, all for ungrateful people to just complain and and question you.
    ================================================

    ================================================

  24. #78
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    That was fast! Guess the iPad is worth it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  25. #79
    Green Apple Imsorussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Please they cant jb the new bootrom on 3.1.3 and even the older bootrom had a tethered jb. Jb on ipad seems a little too soon

  26. #80
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    ^ there is a difference between "can't " and "won't ", mmmkay

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts