Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n to Serve Up iPad Jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

@Windmeel

Thanks! I just get annoyed because I talk to these guys everyday and I see a lot of the hardwork these devs go through. There have been some fakes teams out there but they are certainly not one of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-18-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW p0sixninja is not a fake guys. he's been messin with this stuff from day one. ill be donating once i place my order for the iPad. i always donate to people like this. they deserve it and they make our devices way more enjoyable.

if im not mistaken wasnt p0sixninja mentioned in a major publication a few months back. not sure if it was wallstreet journal or usa today. i read both so i forgot.

Convincing people happens when people actually release something. Show me any working JB these guys have released. Hell any working anything from them. They took money for IPT and released nothing, same thing will happen here.

It is ok you don't have to donate. That is why it is called a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by salayyad View Post
    WOW p0sixninja is not a fake guys. he's been messin with this stuff from day one. ill be donating once i place my order for the iPad. i always donate to people like this. they deserve it and they make our devices way more enjoyable.

if im not mistaken wasnt p0sixninja mentioned in a major publication a few months back. not sure if it was wallstreet journal or usa today. i read both so i forgot.
    It was WSJ. How I Spent My Summer: Hacking Into iPhones With Friends - WSJ.com
    Last edited by Cer0; 03-18-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just because they didn't release their own tool doesn't mean they didn't have a hand in jailbreaking. Since people don't want to research, I will just link:

0x24000 Segment Overflow - The iPhone Wiki

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-07-2010), GellBrake'rrrr (03-18-2010), steve-z17 (03-18-2010)

I don't care what people say, it's all about what they do. These guys have been stringing people along time and never delivering. There is no reason to think now will be any different. I'll check back with you after 3.2 comes out and the DevTeam release their JB and see if your boys actually deliver this time. For the sake of a lot of iPad owners I hope they prove me wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    It is ok you don't have to donate. That is why it is called a donation.

It was WSJ. How I Spent My Summer: Hacking Into iPhones With Friends - WSJ.com
    thanks man i forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    Convincing people happens when people actually release something. Show me any working JB these guys have released. Hell any working anything from them. They took money for IPT and released nothing, same thing will happen here.
    have you ever heard of irecovery? or perhaps genpass, or gidecrypt? no? well here's some things to help refresh your memory.

posixninja's Profile - GitHub
    Search results - The iPhone Wiki

Thanks

^ yea what he said

ohai posix

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ yea what he said

ohai posix
    hey stealth, what's goin on! Thanks for coming to our defense, and when did I get this badass chronic-dev logo under my name? =P

Thanks

a few weeks ago. I am trying to make sure every dev has the appropriate title under their name.

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    YEAH! iPad jailbroken by GREENpois0n and CHRONIC dev team...

This may just be the HIGH point of my day. And here I thought the idea of a jailbroken iPad was UP IN SMOKE. I gotta let this news BAKE in a little. I hope they WEED out any issues to bypass the need for a tethered jailbreak.

^_^

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    I lol'd
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 03-18-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Choose your poison carefully, not sure about this chronic dev and I did not really care for geohots blackweather too glitchy. The Dev Team has released some reliable and stable jailbreaking tools and I think I will continue to trust them with my iToys.

"have you ever heard of irecovery? or perhaps genpass, or gidecrypt? no? well here's some things to help refresh your memory."

my iPhone took a dump on me the other day and I spent 3 days trying to get my JB back... Out of all the devs programs, iRecovery was the only thing that got me back down to 3.1.2 and JB'n again... Thx posixninja now I know who helped. Extremely grateful sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miistahmagic View Post
    Choose your poison carefully, not sure about this chronic dev and I did not really care for geohots blackweather too glitchy. The Dev Team has released some reliable and stable jailbreaking tools and I think I will continue to trust them with my iToys.
    You're absolutely right. Not all jailbreaks are designed for everyone. While we do make every effort to keep greenpois0n as easy as possible, it does include many advanced features included mainly for follow hackers and developers. Also since we were delayed, we were not in a rush to release like blackra1n was. We've gone through quite a few revisions and have a very stable base now. And if you're still not satisfied, greenposi0n will be released open sourced and we encourage everyone to get involved to help make it better.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

dagrimdialer619 (03-20-2010), k.nitsua (03-18-2010), miistahmagic (03-18-2010), Windmeel (03-18-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    I don't care what people say, it's all about what they do. These guys have been stringing people along time and never delivering. There is no reason to think now will be any different. I'll check back with you after 3.2 comes out and the DevTeam release their JB and see if your boys actually deliver this time. For the sake of a lot of iPad owners I hope they prove me wrong.
    Why for the sake of iPad owners? The iPad is going to be great regardless of a jailbreak, a JB would just make it that much more awesome. A quote from a great movie, "Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." try it sometime, it might just open your eyes. Chronic Dev Team are the REAL rocknrolla's.

Quote Originally Posted by waheedtarin View Post
    Please jailbreak for 3.1.3 I want it badly I'm so sad that apple is so high in security
    even though we pay for the phone they still own the device that sucks
    If I'm not mistaken , you can jailbreak the 3.1.3 firmware if you downgrade . I downgraded a ipod touch 3rd gen with 3.1.3 by using a ipod touch 2nd gen 3.1.2 firmware and also using and older version of Itunes (8. something ) Found this on youtube , even gives you the downloads for the files you will need . Hope I helped some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    If they are smart, they will hold all exploits until the 3G iPad is released. This way Apple cannot correct any bootrom exploits.
    I totally agree, and hope that they hold out till then! I'll only consider getting the iPad when there is a working jailbreak for it...hopefully signed by the DevTeam
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 03-18-2010 at 04:19 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

miistahmagic (03-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I totally agree, and hope that they hold out till then! I'll only consider getting the iPad when there is a working jailbreak for it...hopefully signed by the DevTeam
    Yeessss... we're not exactly n00bs here!! The 24kpwn vuln we found we already held onto for a few months. We were planning to hold off until the 3gs was released, but we were forced to release early because someone had gotten a hold of it and was selling it online. As for as the latest usb exploit, it's practically the same story. We found the exploit months prior and were waiting for the release of the ipod touch 3g. Sadly progress on that was horribly slow because only one member of the team actually had access to a device, and he was very busy dealing with real world stuff at the time (which, btw, is why I started the first donation fund, I was also the first to dump the keys from the device less then a week later). And now it's the same story again. I will say we do have at least one new exploit that we've been sitting on for the past few months waiting specifically for the ipad, but I can't say anything more then that.
    As far as greenpois0n is concerned, it's been a long grueling 7 months since we started it. Unfortunately, not all of our members at chronic-dev are seasoned developers, and the few that are can only help sporadically in-between school and work. Since I probably had the most programming experience and free time, I took charge of the project and have sunk literally hundred and hundred of hours into development. From the first version written in 100% ARM assembly (the most fun I ever have had while not having any fun at all), down to the latest version, a beautiful iboot hacker toolkit and payload framework, work on greenpois0n has never stopped (although there were many months where I was the only person contributing).
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, with all the time, sweat, blood, and tears (and adderall) i've invested into this product, it really irks me when I see people calling it fake. As far as the donation thing is concerned, that's something I really really hate doing. If I had a job and the money I would of never even consider asking for donations. The only reason I finally decided to post the chipin is because many people (including some of them devs who make all your beloved jailbreak apps) encouraged me to start this fund, and were the first to donate, because they believe in me, and know what I'm capable of. I'm not trying to force anyone to donate, or holding the program/exploit ransom for money, I'm just looking for some help to allow me to continue my idevice research (which ultimately helps all of you in the end), and if not, then that's fine too (I just don't want to hear those people whining about an ipad jailbreak in 2 months =P)

here's the link if anyone missed it
    ChipIn: iPad

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    Yeessss... we're not exactly n00bs here!! The 24kpwn vuln we found we already held onto for a few months. We were planning to hold off until the 3gs was released, but we were forced to release early because someone had gotten a hold of it and was selling it online. As for as the latest usb exploit, it's practically the same story. We found the exploit months prior and were waiting for the release of the ipod touch 3g. Sadly progress on that was horribly slow because only one member of the team actually had access to a device, and he was very busy dealing with real world stuff at the time (which, btw, is why I started the first donation fund, I was also the first to dump the keys from the device less then a week later). And now it's the same story again. I will say we do have at least one new exploit that we've been sitting on for the past few months waiting specifically for the ipad, but I can't say anything more then that.
    As far as greenpois0n is concerned, it's been a long grueling 7 months since we started it. Unfortunately, not all of our members at chronic-dev are seasoned developers, and the few that are can only help sporadically in-between school and work. Since I probably had the most programming experience and free time, I took charge of the project and have sunk literally hundred and hundred of hours into development. From the first version written in 100% ARM assembly (the most fun I ever have had while not having any fun at all), down to the latest version, a beautiful iboot hacker toolkit and payload framework, work on greenpois0n has never stopped (although there were many months where I was the only person contributing).
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, with all the time, sweat, blood, and tears (and adderall) i've invested into this product, it really irks me when I see people calling it fake. As far as the donation thing is concerned, that's something I really really hate doing. If I had a job and the money I would of never even consider asking for donations. The only reason I finally decided to post the chipin is because many people (including some of them devs who make all your beloved jailbreak apps) encouraged me to start this fund, and were the first to donate, because they believe in me, and know what I'm capable of. I'm not trying to force anyone to donate, or holding the program/exploit ransom for money, I'm just looking for some help to allow me to continue my idevice research (which ultimately helps all of you in the end), and if not, then that's fine too (I just don't want to hear those people whining about an ipad jailbreak in 2 months =P)

here's the link if anyone missed it
    ChipIn: iPad
    well that changed my whole view at things lol thanks for the hard work, i will be chipin in now (well later on in this day)
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

All of the naysayers here will eat their words and then we can all come back to this thread later and point/laugh at them. Coding will make you want to pull your hair out. One piece at a time.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (03-18-2010)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast