Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPadmania Roundup: Apple Selling 20,000 iPads an Hour?

You dont read books? Well plenty of people read books, and many (including myself) intend on reading books on this device. Matter of fact, its my main reason for buying this. Ive been looking to get an ereader for a while but have been disapointingly unimpressed with all the ereaders available. Not only can you read books quite well on this, you can also do a million other things all at almost the same price of a Kindle. Not too shabby I say.
    ^kindle $259 iPad $499,

almost the same price
    What planet do you live on, where $240 doesn't matter, are you a banker?

Edit: I take that back I didn't know about the Kindle DX, Soz

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo
    Apple didnt release the numbers. They are going off order numbers. I doubt it is that accurate. Supposedly Apple sales 15,000 in units on a normal day. So who is to say they were all iPads
    That makes more sense
    Last edited by dsg; 03-12-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    There was news back that yes a lot of colleges were looking deeply into the iPad. A lot of companies may also do the same. Just as the iPhone did to the phone companies the iPad is going to be the push for slates. I think the form factor and size have a lot to do with the push too. It is thin; not to mention the instant on when waking it up.
    Hopefully apple will start allowing colleges and schools to order mass quantities

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    so interesting that people are willing to pay $500-$700 for such a limited product.

but enjoy yourselves, friends.
    You think this is a limited product?? Wow, Id like to hear what you think of the Kindle DX considering its only $10 less and only reads books.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ^kindle $259 iPad $499

What planet do you live on, where $240 doesn't matter, are you a banker?

That makes more sense
    Kindle DX sir, $489. Ill let you search it. I compared those because they have the same screen size, making them more comparable.
    Last edited by justinclark; 03-12-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Hopefully apple will start allowing colleges and schools to order mass quantities
    They probably have some thing set up so that they can buy in bulk, probably businesses as well

Quote Originally Posted by justinclark View Post
    You think this is a limited product?? Wow, Id like to hear what you think of the Kindle DX considering its only $10 less and only reads books.

Kindle DX sir, $489. Ill let you search it. I compared those because they have the same screen size, making them more comparable.
    check my post you quoted again I edited it before you said anything!!!!
    Last edited by dsg; 03-12-2010 at 08:57 PM.

My guess they will start that after the initial demand is over. They will make big money off consumers first. They would then probably give big discounts to schools and for the large orders. Schools already get discounts for ordering stuff from Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    They probably have some thing set up so that they can buy in bulk, probably businesses as well

check my post you quoted again I edited it before you said anything!!!!
    You sure did! Thanks for that!

the kindle is still a better book reader. it has free access to amazons huge e book library, wirelessly, anywhere.

i can go an entire week on a single charge, and since it has some fancy screen thing, it has no glare, and dosen't need a backlight.

it's not sold as a computer, it's just a reader. why have a color screen and all that if you just use it for reading books?

Thanks

I have no idea about ereaders and I have no idea if all textbooks needed for my classes will be available for next semester more than likely I will use it for play and buy the yellow highlighted used textbooks

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    They will be getting mine too. Probably will sell my 3GS for it and grab do my usual phone search lol. I like to go through different phones and circle around to the iPhone. I have had this one since a week after launch, I am itching for a new phone device. The iPad will keep my iPhone OS itch down I think.
    Couldn't agree more!

my new phone itch gets scratched every July
    It's a very fulfilling scratch too!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-13-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

It's a very fulfilling scratch too!
    what do you do about the 2 year contracts?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I don't know why but my account always shows it's available to upgrade. I bought two 3GSs for the same line last July

Stop getting mad at Internet forums and products you're not interested in, you'll find life to be much pleasing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

justinclark (03-13-2010)

thats awesome
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post

the kindle is still a better book reader. it has free access to amazons huge e book library, wirelessly, anywhere.

i can go an entire week on a single charge, and since it has some fancy screen thing, it has no glare, and dosen't need a backlight.

it's not sold as a computer, it's just a reader. why have a color screen and all that if you just use it for reading books?
    Apple already confirmed that you will be able to use your existing epub format books with ipad...I can tether my wifi ipad to my jailbroken phone for wireless anywhere and pay no extra data cost other than what I already pay for the phone.

Ipad can go a month on a single charge, even though it does more and has a backlit screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    We already have that on our phones. Search Cydia for Rotation Inhibitor. It's on the ispazio repo.
    It's not a bad add, but still would love to avoid even having to go into SBSettings. Just a simple thing like "click power and volume up at the same time" or something. Would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by playboii View Post
    I still dont see the point of the iPad if it isnt jailbroken. What can you do on the iPad that you can't do on the iphone? And dont tell me e-books because nobody here is going to use this crap to read books. And really who reads books? lol (I dont). I see the potential for the iPad ONCE is jailbroken but in stock form is a peace of HIGH PRICED CRAP. And whos going to buy this for games? Really? Touch screen games are horrible by the way. I own zero games on my iPhone.
    Well for one thing the iPad does have a bigger screen which makes reading EVERYTHING much easier, and that is at least one of the main differentiating features between the iPad and iPhone/Touch, in case you haven't noticed. You have to admit, everything looks better on a larger screen or at least everything except the Apps. Maybe YOU don't read books (or magazines or newpsapers or technical manuals) but there are a lot of us who do such as students, teachers, and service personnel, the average joe, doctors, lawyers, etc. And even if we weren't reading books, the larger screen makes everything else easier to read while not having to lug around a full blown laptop.

If this was available when I went on vacation I would have bought one so I wouldn't have to lug around my notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post

Wirelessly? From anywhere? Really? Is that possible? If all you wanted was to read books the Kindle is the best thing to have. But I honestly don't read books very often so having a device dedicated to only doing something I rarely do is a waste of money.
    Last edited by elementrace; 03-14-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by elementrace View Post
    Wirelessly? From anywhere? Really? Is that possible?
    Anywhere you get cellphone coverage. My sister has one in Kenya right now (shes in the peace corps) and can download books even in the most rural areas. Still I'll take the iPad any day over the Kindle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123