Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HP Dangles Flash in Front of Apple, iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

k

I can see why you don't want it. But why focus on what it can't do, and what people don't want it? There are different people in the world then the two types of people you are suggesting. If you don't see value in it for you, I simply ask that you don't dismiss the desire of it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by brianlvincent View Post
    I'm still not interested in the iPad regardless of what competition comes along. But I do however also see it as being a leader of some sort, in which all other companies will try their hardest to surpass. Which also means "More competition, more benefits for mankind". Thanks APPLE once again for setting the bar! And F$&k you APPLE for being such greedy, selfish, controlling, and Hitler-like bit**es!!!
    Enough with the 'Hitler' BS: until someone kills 30 million people, don't bother comparing them to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    All the competitors of Apple have to do is mention that you need flash to view most videos on Youtube , and half the battle is won . I am sure there are a ton of the younger generation looking for that feature as a huge buying point .
    YouTube - HTML5 instead of Flash.
    YouTube HTML5 Video Player
    This is an opt-in experiment for HTML5 support on YouTube. If you are using a supported browser, you can choose to use the HTML5 player instead of the Flash player for most videos. Your comments will help us improve and perfect the mixtures we're working on. So jump in, play around, and send your feedback directly to the brains behind the scenes.

You were saying?

To everyone else poo-pooing the iPad: Buy it or don't, but you should really try to understand it's purpose. You don't buy a netbook to use it like a notebook or a desktop replacement (even if it does run Win7): you will not be happy. You wouldn't buy an iPad to use it like a notebook or desktop either for the same reason.

The iPad is a large form-factor media player, that can run light-weight apps, read newspapers, magazines and books, let you do some casual web surfing and give you access to the apps you already use on your iPhone/iPod Touch Why? Because it's an easy sell and it keeps people from trying to do ridiculous things with it that it was never intended to do. If they put OS X on it then even more people would be b!tch!ng that it's way under powered, blah, blah, blah.

Having said that, I'm not thrilled that it doesn't have the forward facing camera, flash media support, and multitasking (maybe OS 4 will take care of that) to name a few. I am glad that it doesn't do flash if only so I don't have to see Farm Town running on another platform in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    "Why buy a 50" when you can get a 19" at a fraction of the price, it does the same thing and it is more portable?" Is that your argument?

A 19" tv does exactly the same thing as a 50" tv but the 50" is a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch a movie on.

Thanks. Great post!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345