+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HP Dangles Flash in Front of Apple, iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by cerote But it is limited, by the hardware. You can't excpect to do any heavy lifting. Obviously you're not going to be playing MW2 or hosting high-volume
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    But it is limited, by the hardware. You can't excpect to do any heavy lifting.
    Obviously you're not going to be playing MW2 or hosting high-volume websites with the Slate. But there are still literally millions of applications that you'll be able to run just fine, and I'm not talking about the 397 iFart applications that you find in the App Store.

Anyway, my point is that I think it's funny to claim that the AppStore is an advantage for the iPad, when Windows offers so much more with zero restrictions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Apple makes things to just work. The hardware they make are tied to the OS, thus why no love for puzzle PCs. There is still a wide group of people out there that don't know how to use a computer or feel like taking the time to do learn or search all over the internet to look for a product or if their machine can run it. The Appstore is a means for them to have one place to look and know that it will just work.

I agree with you that you can do much more open things with the slate. The iPad is aimed at the people that just want something simple and basic to work with and easy enough to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Hate-tors
    Don't hate just cause you don't have the money for great technology! I have an iMac, Macbook, PC's Laptop's 3 iPod touch's, 2 iPhone 3gs's , iPod Classic, all game systems and YES I HAVE A 19" AND A 50" TV

My point is apple builds great solid quality! Solid OS's! BAR NONE! if you want flash then use your PC or Mac or get a Slate heck I want one just to play with it! But Isssss got's to have my iPad!!!! I do soooo much with my iPhone/iPod Touch I cant wait to get my hands on it!

So don't hate just cause mommy wont buy you one!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    All the competitors of Apple have to do is mention that you need flash to view most videos on Youtube , and half the battle is won . I am sure there are a ton of the younger generation looking for that feature as a huge buying point .
    Then why can I view youtube vids on my iphone that doesn't support flash? iPad uses the same firmware architecture. Hmmmmm? That's a fail I think!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew1111 View Post
    I hope it runs smooth, because since it has flash it will kill the iPad...I want apple to feel the pain of no flash!
    Well I hope you enjoy your mobile device with flash, coz it won't run like it does on a PC. It's a freakin anvil, and you can kiss your battery and CPU life goodbye. Sorry to disappoint but mobile flash doesn't cut it. It won't last long if adobe keep pumping out crap coding, and it is, crap!! Soz.
    Last edited by Kroo; 03-11-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So much fail in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    No one has answered the question yet Lets just say for arguments sake.. the iPad came with OSX... what would you want to do with it that you couldn't otherwise. Before you answer be aware you are restricted to a 1 Ghz processor and most likely 512MB RAM so this eliminates all CPU/GPU intensive programs right off the bat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Wow... you STILL have yet to specifically answer the question with a single task you can do with OSX that you wouldn't be able to do with an app on the iPad (except flash). Until someone can answer this I will laugh at everyone's incompetence and creativity. I for one can't think of anything I can't do on an iPad that I would WANT to do if I had OSX.
    Why "except Flash" when that is one of the main reasons I won't buy an iPad? I can't even watch Hulu. Is multitasking enough of a reason? I can't use Skype and browse the web at the same time. Can't listen to Pandora while playing a game. And I have to buy my music if I want it now? And I have to buy it from iTunes only? And then I can't even sync my iPhone to my iPad and transfer the music. I have to sync my iPad to a computer to transfer the song and then sync my iPhone. Are either of these good enough reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Nice keyboard

Wow. Just wow. I cringed when I saw that in the video a couple days ago. Hopefully that's not the only option for a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I can bash you over the head with one and it'll hurt a hell of a lot more than an iPhone :P

That said, all the ipad hate sounds EXACTLY like the iPod hate when it was announced. Focusing on what it doesn't rather than what it does, which while it might not be enough for the power user, it's more than enough for the 95% of the population who just wants something simple and portable.
    I don't hate the iPad. It's just that it's barely a change from the iPhone, and I don't want 2 iPhone OS devices.

Again its just a comparison between iPad and iPod not a macbook or anything else. It's not a analogy that says the iPad is better than the Slate.

You missed the point but meh. I am not trying to convince you to buy anything.

As much as you, Rota (banned), and a few others call people fan boys, you guys dedicate entirely too much time knocking Apple and Apple products. Every iPad thread I can count on seeing the same 5 guys saying the same 5 things "iFail", "Fan boy", "iPad sucks", "Apple sucks", and "Just an oversized iPod".

Now you guys have the Slate, but I am betting that not one of you will buy it either. Some people just don't need a bridge between a phone and a laptop.
    I'm not a fan boy or Apple hater. I love my Vaio running 7 and I love my iPhone 3GS. I'm not opposed to Macs; they're just not worth the money, IMO, but no phone is good enough to make me ditch my iPhone. And still, I think the iPad running iPhone OS is a joke. It at least needs multitasking to be decent.

"Why buy a 50" when you can get a 19" at a fraction of the price, it does the same thing and it is more portable?" Is that your argument?

A 19" tv does exactly the same thing as a 50" tv but the 50" is a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch a movie on.

Bad analogy is bad. You don't carry TVs around with you. Your TV sits at home in a room in the same spot for months at a time. iPods and iPads are made to be portable, and an iPod touch is a lot more portable than an iPad, and does almost everything an iPad can do. You can take an iPod touch practically everywhere because it fits in your pocket. You can't do the same for an iPad.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

adp (03-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post

Bad analogy is bad. You don't carry TVs around with you. Your TV sits at home in a room in the same spot for months at a time. iPods and iPads are made to be portable, and an iPod touch is a lot more portable than an iPad, and does almost everything an iPad can do. You can take an iPod touch practically everywhere because it fits in your pocket. You can't do the same for an iPad.
    Wow did you not even read my replies? I am not going to explain it again. Wow

Anyway if you hate the iPad then do not buy it. It's rather simple actually but don't kid yourself that it isn't going to sell like crazy.

The market for the iPad is not a 19 year old that is barely making thru community college.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 03-11-2010 at 09:22 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-11-2010), ryanofdiamonds (03-11-2010)

Thanks

To each his own...and everyone's situation is different and therefore would have a different 'optimal solution'

I love my 3Gs for my mobile networking needs.

I use a desktop PC at home for 'power use' with more adequate hardware and screen size for ease of use and more in depth function.

My wife uses a laptop at home that is under utilized (email and web-surfing). Which utilizes my home wifi 99% of the time (and hot spots and mywi the rest of the time), so internet access is not an issue.

I am interested in a slate type device to replace the bulky laptop and would lean towards full OS type devise for full feature web browsing, multi-tasking, USB (multitude of uses) over an iPhone with a bigger screen (IMO) for obvious reasons. Cant wait for all the new devices that compete for my dollar and provide the 'best' bang for my buck!

I'm your Huckleberry!

Thanks

Wow did you not even read my replies? I am not going to explain it again. Wow

Anyway if you hate the iPad then do not buy it. It's rather simple actually but don't kid yourself that it isn't going to sell like crazy.

The market for the iPad is not a 19 year old that is barely making thru community college.
    Wow yes I did. And it was still a bad analogy. Wow.

TVs aren't meant to be portable, so obviously bigger is better. Why not make a 50" iPad? Because then it wouldn't be portable and would defeat the whole purpose of it. Not saying the larger size can't be useful, but comparing a portable tablet to non-portable displays is a bad analogy. Unless you don't already have an iPhone or iPod touch, getting an iPad is a waste of money. Do you, by any chance, own an Apple TV?

BTW, I'm not in college at the moment and have more than enough to buy an iPad, but tend to think about what I'm buying instead of wasting my money on things I don't need. And if the iPad isn't for my age group, then who's it for?

Thanks

Hey genius check out my responses. I am not comparing the iPad or iPod to a television. Many people keep saying that the iPad is just a big iPod touch. Basically they are saying that the two are the same thing except for size. I am saying that a 19" television and 50" television are the same thing except for size but people see the advantage of buying a larger television. The larger screen on the iPad makes it more enjoyable to browse the web, watch videos on, and other things.

I do not own an Apple TV but that is a clever way of calling someone a fanboy. The iPad is a good product and many people that are not in your demographic will purchase it.

On a side note, arguing with teenagers and children on here is annoying. Maybe we should have an over 30 section of the forum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (03-11-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey genius check out my responses. I am not comparing the iPad or iPod to a television. Many people keep saying that the iPad is just a big iPod touch. Basically they are saying that the two are the same thing except for size. I am saying that a 19" television and 50" television are the same thing except for size but people see the advantage of buying a larger television. The larger screen on the iPad makes it more enjoyable to browse the web, watch videos on, and other things.

I do not own an Apple TV but that is a clever way of calling someone a fanboy. The iPad is a good product and many people that are not in your demographic will purchase it.

On a side note, arguing with teenagers and children on here is annoying. Maybe we should have an over 30 section of the forum.
    I agree that it will be a better experience. How can you go wrong with more real estate? The iPad should have "modes" that start up in relation to what you are doing...Launch a movie and Movie Mode should run that has extra features and buttons for that media. Music should have the same, Safari, Games...will definitely be better when the controls aren't covering the game screen. As far as the Over 30 section...I think some of the kids here are over 30 lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    As far as the Over 30 section...I think some of the kids here are over 30 lol
    yea you are right

Thanks

Hey genius I just told you I did, and it's still not a good analogy. Because, according to your statement, you'd by a 30" or 40" or even bigger iPad if it was available because you can see more on a bigger screen. But we can continue this next week when I'm no longer a teenager if that would make you happy.

Thanks

Actually if I could buy a 30" iPad I would if the price was in my budget (doubtful). I would also buy a 100" LCD television if I could afford it. I could always use more screen real estate.

42" multi-touch screen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

mmmmmmmmm, 42" interactive TV. Giant Super Monkey Ball!!!!!

Wait, wait. Make TV shows interactive then. Interactive Price is Right FTW.

Thanks

lol 42" navigon in my truck

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Stealth if you want to make sense it needs to be a car analogy. Those never fail.

You see, the iPod is a Miata...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Stealth if you want to make sense it needs to be a car analogy. Those never fail.

You see, the iPod is a Miata...
    lol

Next time

Thanks

BTW, I don't know if I said this but I'm not saying the bigger screen on the iPad isn't useful. I'm just saying comparing TV sizes to iPod and iPad sizes wasn't the greatest comparison. People are saying the iPad is a bigger iPod touch. That's not saying it's an iPod touch with a bigger screen. It's saying the entire device is bigger, more expensive, and becomes a lot less portable.

Thanks

What I hear people saying is that its a big iPod touch because it doesn't have any new features other than a bigger screen.

Thanks

The only people that are saying that are people that already own an iPhone or iPod touch. It doesn't have new features. It makes no sense to get a second iPhone OS device with a bigger screen and pretty menus when they already have one. The iPad would have to replace their iPhone or iPod touch, but it can't because it's not as portable.

I can't see anyone who likes their iPhone or iPod touch turning down a free iPad. It's the thought of dropping $500+ on a new device that does everything their iPhone or iPod touch can already do that's turning people off. You can't see that? Obviously anyone with loads of extra cash don't have a problem dropping at least half a grand on a new Apple product. But I, like many other people, like to be conservative with my money. I'd rather spend a little extra and get a MBP or wait for the HP Slate if I'm dying for a tablet, because the day I get an iPad is the day I ditch my iPhone for another phone.