+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Shows Off New iPad Commercial During The Oscars

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
For those of you watching the Oscars sunday night, you may have notice that Apple released a brand new iPad to hype up it's release on April 3rd. It's your
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Apple Shows Off New iPad Commercial During The Oscars

For those of you watching the Oscars sunday night, you may have notice that Apple released a brand new iPad to hype up it's release on April 3rd. It's your typical Apple commercial with an nice indie tune to feel hip. The song is "There Goes My Love" by The Blue Van. Catchy as usual, and the entire ad has no voice overs.

The commercial snaps through a few people sitting in "comfortable" positions, playing around with the iPad, not doing anything constructive really. There was the odd Calendar and a Document in there, but not much was really shown other than the basic features of Apple's iPhone OS.

The ad goes on with the song ending in "Love Love Love" while April 3rd is shown on the screen. Yeah Apple, we'll see how much people "love" your giant iPhone. It's obvious they are trying pretty hard to get the attention the iPad will need.

[Official Apple Commercial]

Last edited by StealthBravo; 03-08-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

why do i have to wait so long to get one
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

playing around with the iPod, not doing anything constructive really. There was the odd Calendar and an Document i
    I think you meant "iPad" and "a document." And should you be ratting the iPad? is this a news report or a soap box?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Still confuse that what's so good about iPad...
    Well I am huge huge hugeee fan of Apple and I love their products. I love my iPhone, and love my MBP and when I watched there 2 product's release presentation...I was thrilled and was just dying to buy them. Ok, enough about PAST..

Well, when I saw iPad's release....I though WOW!! Thats amazing product as well and I decided to buy the very day it will be released here in Aus. But when I discovered more about iPad, I asked question to myself....Do I really need something like 10' Screen to play GAMES on it....NOooooooo!!!

This time I simply hate Apple for being so miser about their First release of iPad. Well, apart from Price and the fact that it can run any IPA app...wats so good about it? Nothing, I can't believe that Apple wants me to buy a TABLET without a CAMERA, and FLASH. I mean, come on guys....its a TABLET right, but 70% of the flash website would be buggy on this device!!! I can't even have Video Conference, are you kidding me? No, its really shameful that how APPLE is making us buy its product and use us a an Alpha-Beta users to test their hardware. I did paid beta testing on iPhone 3G, and now on iPad? No way, I am gonna wait untill its really a TABLET not an iTempon!

Apple is a product people are happy to buy for quality for any price, but now apple is trying to sell its products not because of Quality but because of PRICE. Thats really not impressive...

wat you reckon guys, don't u like to have Front Camera on it?

Thanks

i love the way Jobs spots the camera right away and smiles in the picture

also thats the first time ive seen him dressed smartly.

Thanks
    Omg Steve is wearing a suit!

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed this during the oscars. Apple is doing a good job because it actually made me want one and I hate the things

Thanks

One fact about the ipad is I will not be able to take a picture and tweet what I am having for dinner-No iPad Camera.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

i like the iPhone ads better...And yes without a camera its useless to even sell.
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

iPads are going to fly off the shelves I can't wait to snag one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Is this a good Apple product?
    A definitive YES!

If you recall, how many nay sayers said that the iPhone wouldn't sell because it wouldn't support Flash, it didn't have a flash, et cetera... Now look. The iPhone has sold in the truck loads.

Will the iPad sell? Yes. It will sell millions. Is it a fantastic product? Yes, it is. Just because it doesn't have a forward facing camera doesn't mean that the device won't sell. Will I purchase one? Actually, I will purchase two. IMO, I believe that this is really the productive trojan horse to the business world, with a full screen email client, a full screen calendar, et cetera. I bet we will see more productivity apps for this as well as stand alone apps for white papers and business documents.

Plus, since I am a developer and I plan on coming out with at least a couple of apps for the iPad, I can take a tax deduction on the purchase.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCMacMan View Post
    A definitive YES!

If you recall, how many nay sayers said that the iPhone wouldn't sell because it wouldn't support Flash, it didn't have a flash, et cetera... Now look. The iPhone has sold in the truck loads.

Will the iPad sell? Yes. It will sell millions. Is it a fantastic product? Yes, it is. Just because it doesn't have a forward facing camera doesn't mean that the device won't sell. Will I purchase one? Actually, I will purchase two. IMO, I believe that this is really the productive trojan horse to the business world, with a full screen email client, a full screen calendar, et cetera. I bet we will see more productivity apps for this as well as stand alone apps for white papers and business documents.

Plus, since I am a developer and I plan on coming out with at least a couple of apps for the iPad, I can take a tax deduction on the purchase.
    Fanboys never cease to amaze me with their praise of something they haven't even tried themselves yet. Tone it down killer. This isn't an "amazing" product. I didn't say it's a bad one either, but it's a giant iPhone w/o a camera and no matter how ya try to talk it up, it wont change that. This isn't gonna revolutionize the business world either. Some areas will find use for the iPad whereas some will laugh at it's very mention. Will it sell millions? Oh, with posts like yours from people so sure this is the second coming of Jesus I'm sure it'll sell atleast a million this year, but until people get their hands on it and can actually use it, all this "amazingness" speculation is just ridiculous. Like I said, I'm not knocking the iPad. I think it's a great iPhone on roids so movies will be a better experience, but for anything else? We'll see.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

well iam glad it is receiving bad hype!!at least we wont see any of these fools in the ipad jailbreak forums !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Yawn* -- Wake me when the iPad 5th generation comes out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its a no no without a camera, it would be just pointless to get, rather wait for iPad2 with a cam.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harmycl View Post
    Omg Steve is wearing a suit!
    exactly

Thanks

That picture of steve led to the birth of 7 butterflys

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Stop calling it a giant iPhone. It's a giant iPod touch with the option of 3G. lol

No camera, no Phone app, no Messages app...iPod touch.

But after watching the iPad video on Apple's website, it makes me want one.

I won't get it without multitasking at least. I'm just mad that the iPad is going to take attention and features away from the iPhone.
    Last edited by Channan; 03-08-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm surprised that people don't realize that this thing is an ergonomics nightmare and it's confirmed by that commercial. To use the iPad comfortably you need to put your feet up on a table or propped up on top of a couch, or have a really low chair with a high cross-legged posture. You can't put it flat on a table and you can't just lay it in in your lap without some awkward posture.

This is what you need to have a reasonable viewing angle. Of course, you can hold it at the correct angle with one hand......if you want to type with one hand (slower than an iPhone) and don't want to do anything that takes longer than a few minutes.

Add to that the lack of Flash, camera, memory slot, replaceable battery, a real OS, etc. It's not the most appealing thing in the world. I can accept these limitations on a phone, but not something that's designed to compete with my netbook which does all this at half the price.

Sexy? Definitely. Useful? TBD.

Thanks

I just dont understand where all the anger comes from? People giving others attitude because they either want or like this new piece of technology?! If you think the IPad is useless, then you dont have to buy one. In a couple of months you will be able to choose from an array of tablet PC's that fit your needs or wants.

I believe that the IPad is a niche device and while it isn't what everyone wanted or expected, it will sell quite well. So some think it's a big Ipod Touch...ok but as someone pointed out in another thread...a 20 inch TV is nice but I sure would rather have a 55" plasma.

It has shortcomings but as also pointed out in this thread....how many shortcomings did the Iphone have initially? No Flash, no MMS, no landscape keyboard for texting...the list was long yet they sold like hotcakes.

This thing has incredible potential. The initial offering may be a bit skimpy on what many feel are necessities, but I believe we can expect the Ipad to grow exponentially and become more of a mainstream staple in many households.

So if you're waiting for a 2nd or 3rd generation machine, I don't think anyone could blame you but I also understand people wanting to get their hands on this device ASAP.

We'll all soon see if this device flies or fails. If it's a flop, all those bashing and complaining can puff up their chests and say "I told ya so". If it's a hit, those first buyers will know from day one and be thrilled that they got onboard when they did.