Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Breaking: iPad Available April 3rd

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Breaking: iPad Available April 3rd

Ending speculation that the long awaited tablet would be available this month, Apple today announced that the iPad will be formally rolled out on April 3rd. It won't be until late April, however, before US consumers can obtain the 3G models. According to Apple's announcement this morning, global availability similarly won't take place until later in April as well.

Global availability includes the iPad's release (in both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G models) in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. International pricing won't be announced until April. The iPad will make the rounds and ship to additional countries later in 2010.

As speculated previously on ModMyi, pre-orders will, in fact, be possible. Beginning March 12th, you can reserve your tablet either at the online store or at an Apple retail outlet.

“iPad is something completely new,” Steve Jobs said in the release. “We’re excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before.”

Beginning April 3, the iBooks app will also arrive, in addition to Apple's iBook bookstore.

image via AP

but i iz waiting for 3G/WiFi
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Jobs promised a release date in march...now they won't have them (3G) model iPads available until late April.

Keep up the good work Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by mprziv View Post
    Jobs promised a release date in march...now they won't have them (3G) model iPads available until late April.

Keep up the good work Apple.
    He didn't promise a release date in march. He said "In about 90 days." So it took 96, seems he was close enough to me. Jobs can't control the FCC, manufacturing delays, or a million other things that could go wrong.

I hope they dont delay the next iPhone like this

I don't care. Anyone who buys this will be kicking themselves when the second or third gen comes out with twice as much flash memory, a camera, faster processor, more RAM and so on.

Thanks

3G model wasnt coming unitl way after the wifi anyway^

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    I don't care. Anyone who buys this will be kicking themselves when the second or third gen comes out with twice as much flash memory, a camera, faster processor, more RAM and so on.
    Yeah and those people will be kicking themselves when the next gen comes out. There will ALWAYS be a better product on the horizon and if you keep waiting then youre never going to have anything.

So it took Apple an extra 20 days to get the iPad ready.. Disappointing but definitely within reason

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yes I am really kicking myself over buying the original iPhone

LOL thats my birthday:P

sounds like someone needs to get you a special birthday gift this year.

but to be honest: if someone doesn't gift me this product, I'd never own it. I don't see enough features to make it a purchase. it's just not there yet. Maybe next year's iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yes I am really kicking myself over buying the original iPhone
    if you weren't someone who could buy a new phone on wim, then yes, yes you would be.

you represent a different type of consumer. i'm entering into my college years. i will be in constant debt for the next 10 years of my life, perhaps more.

not everyone is in your exact position

Would anyone find it to be a good investment to buy this on launch day then throw it on eBay? Idk if it will be sold out like iPhones or just stupid

im a college student broke as they come! When will mmi be doing a give away so i can pretend like i have a chance to own it!
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    im a college student broke as they come! When will mmi be doing a give away so i can pretend like i have a chance to own it!
    never, if you read some of the comments the fanboys gave a while back, they're most concerned with keeping the "plebeians" away.

Guess Ima keep kicking myself as i get it anyways...new ipad comes out next year? I'm getting it...new iPhone? I'm getting it., u keep waiting while
    we enjoy ourselves now not tomorrow...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (03-05-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Guess Ima keep kicking myself as i get it anyways...new ipad comes out next year? I'm getting it...new iPhone? I'm getting it., u keep waiting while
    we enjoy ourselves now not tomorrow...
    Blah blah blah... So you can afford to keep up with the latest Apple Products... Whoop di doo, good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    Blah blah blah... So you can afford to keep up with the latest Apple Products... Whoop di doo, good for you!
    Do you know how easy it is to sell a 1st gen iphone for OVER $200...

Do you know how easy it will be to sell the 1st gen ipad in a year for OVER $300? Probably more once they are jailbroken.

Get a clue, most of us upgrade and get rid of the old stuff...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (03-05-2010)

I don't need an iPad. Most everyone here just wants it because they are the shizzle and everyone wishes they were them. The ipad is a toy. A severly limited toy. But then again, irresponsible people can just put it on their credit card and pay it off whenever.

I don't need an iPad. Most everyone here just wants it because they are the shizzle and everyone wishes they were them. The ipad is a toy. A severly limited toy. But then again, irresponsible people can just put it on their credit card and pay it off whenever.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Do you know how easy it is to sell a 1st gen iphone for OVER $200...

Do you know how easy it will be to sell the 1st gen ipad in a year for OVER $300? Probably more once they are jailbroken.

Get a clue, most of us upgrade and get rid of the old stuff...
    I dont use credit cards jack ***, I save my money so when something comes along I want, I buy it.

I paid $200 for my 3GS and sold it for $500.

You should know, apple products retain their value very well, so in a year they can be sold and you can use that money to buy a newer version..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (03-05-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast