+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Store Employees to Get iPad Next Week?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Anonymous reports from "inside sources" as well as an Apple Store manager in Southern California say the iPad will start arriving at Apple Stores for employees to "experience," starting as
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Store Employees to Get iPad Next Week?

Anonymous reports from "inside sources" as well as an Apple Store manager in Southern California say the iPad will start arriving at Apple Stores for employees to "experience," starting as soon as March 10, according to a report on the Examiner. The manager, who asked not to be named, also indicated that a retail launch of the new device will happen this month, possibly on March 26. Meanwhile, an Apple spokesman has denied reports that production problems will delay the launch, with suppliers also chiming in that they are on track to deliver up to 700,000 iPads this month.

Apple had been somewhat vague about the launch date at the product introduction, saying only that the WiFi-only models of the iPad would go on sale "in 60 days." Sixty days from the January 27th announcement would be March 28, which is a Sunday. A financial analyst, Peter Misek, reported on Monday that his sources had told him that that production issues with Foxconn, the lead supplier for the iPad as well as the iPhone, would delay the planned launch of the new device. Apple moved quickly to squelch that rumor, with a spokesperson confirming that the iPad "would be available in late March." However, this statement leaves vague the question of where the new device will be available: Misek's report said that the launch would be limited to the US only. Foxconn told Taiwan-based DigiTimes that the company "does not comment on market speculation," but its suppliers said that they were getting materials on schedule and that they expected to be able to deliver 600,000 - 700,000 iPads in March and a million in April, in line with Apple's earlier projections.

Examiner poster Daryl Deino, who writes the LA Gadgets Examiner, said that iPads will be coming to Apple Stores early so that employees would have enough time to get used to the new device. On March 15th, according to an anonymous Apple Store manager, Apple will start airing television commercials for the iPad which will highlight the iBookstore and the device's e-reader capability. Then on March 26th, the first WiFi-enabled iPads will be sold at Apple Stores, with 3G models following in April or May.

The store manager also reportedly claimed, without explaining in any detail, that people who camp out for the launch will get a "special gift."

image via WIRED Gadget Lab

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I will be there for my thpecial gift
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

what i really don't understand is why i cannot PRE order from Apple
    i can pre order that stupid Sony device that is coming out, why not determine market interest by accepting "pre-paid" pre oreders?

Quote Originally Posted by vegassteven View Post
    but I can't see how in a bad global economy many will justify the price for this device.

so a vendor should stop creating innovative products because of the economy? Or, i should not buy one because my neighbor is out of work?
    i want one. i can afford one. so will about 5 million others.
    Last edited by s4mb4; 03-03-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The hype just brings excitement and we need that in our lives. I will get one either preowned or if apple drops price. I don't see value in paying full price for 16gb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Btw so sorry to spam but am I the only one to think apple has honestly missed the mark with this product?
    Come on man, get real here. Yeah, we all know that there's a bunch of people that think this device is a waste. Don't try to pretend like you're the only one who "sees what's going on". I see quotes like yours everywhere I look. FYI - I think the iPad is going be an extremely disruptive device and do very well.

I can't see how in a bad global economy many will justify the price for this device.
    You're kidding right? How many people line up for the iPhone every time a new one is released? The iPhone is heck of a lot more expensive than the iPad when you calculate total cost of ownership. $499 is a great price. If people see something they want, they'll find a way to spend the money.

every single aspect of this device is underpowered with the exception of the capacative touch screen.
    Once again, you're so far off the mark here. It's so easy for people to look at processor speeds in terms of numbers. That's like looking at 2 cars that both drive the same speeds and saying that they're the same. One might be a pick-up truck and one's a small hatchback. Not quite the same vehicle though, huh? All preliminary reports with anyone that's used the device say that it's really snappy with no lag at all. Stop looking at only the numbers. You need to look at everything in context.

Now, this device may not be for you (though I wouldn't doubt that you'll end up trying one someday and eating your words) and that's okay. It's not for everybody. I'm amazed at the number of people that seem to want a touchscreen laptop without a keyboard. How revolutionary would that have been? That's what most of the pads coming out now are. I don't want that. I want a new world computing device that changes paradigms. I don't want just another cool looking computer.

The fact is that Apple didn't really stand a chance with this device. People were going to hate it (well, the critics anyway). The reality that will bear out is that the majority of people will love this device, because the majority of the people in the world are not the critics or computer elitists. They're the people that want a device to just work. That's the iPad. And they'll love it and buy it.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

EDIT: I just couldn't overlook this one:

I still don't give a damn about this underpowered and overpriced large format iPod Touch!
    While the observation is not mine, it still bears repeating. Saying the iPad is just a large iPod Touch is like saying that a 50" plasma TV is just a large 19" TV. Yeah, I guess so. But I still want one.
    Last edited by stevelucky; 03-03-2010 at 10:35 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

GadgetX (03-03-2010), staterunner180 (03-03-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if tethering is possible then why need the 3g version? i have a feeling that this ipad is gonna make my day when i'm stuck at a starbucks or a korean cafe shop with my girlfriend chatting away to her BFF lmao

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    Saying the iPad is just a large iPod Touch is like saying that a 50" plasma TV is just a large 19" TV. Yeah, I guess so. But I still want one.
    Lol how very true! Thank you for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    if tethering is possible then why need the 3g version? i have a feeling that this ipad is gonna make my day when i'm stuck at a starbucks or a korean cafe shop with my girlfriend chatting away to her BFF lmao
    Tethering will NOT be possible. There are some ways around that such as using your phone to create a wireless network that the iPad could connect to but other than that tethering is out. Even if tethering were enabled not everyone has an iPhone...

Thanks
    Originally Posted by stevelucky
    Saying the iPad is just a large iPod Touch is like saying that a 50" plasma TV is just a large 19" TV. Yeah, I guess so. But I still want one.
    yeah, if you were supposed to carry a 50"" plasma TV in your backpack.
    In context, could you carry a 19" in your back pocket? I have an iPhone but I am dying for a small, portable computer that I can be a little more productive on and maybe sometime soon put some of my schoolbooks on for easier transport. Is the iPad the solution? IDK... but it's a start, and maybe that's just what the industry needs!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This "I'm going to trash this product and the opinion of people that buy it" attitude is getting old. Grow up, boys. If you want an iPad, buy one. If it's not for you, you don't need to tell us every reason you seem to hate it. If we're going to buy it anyway, why would we even care? Just let it go already...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Trust me, I don't mean people that actually 'ask questions' and base their decisions on their questions. I mean the people that say it's simply a large iPod touch, and say people that buy them are stupid and whatnot(it might just BE an oversized iPod touch, but that doesn't make people that buy them crazy). If you don't want to buy one because it doesn't have a camera, by all means. Just don't make fun of those who might want one. It's not about the product, it's about how you word your opinion and questions.

Thanks

Default bigger is better
    i'm sure there will be some awesome cydia apps that come out for this thing, thats really what i'm waiting for...that and the 4th gen iphone.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i wish i worked for an apple store, but i am only a freshman in high school. *sigh...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i would only get this if someone jail-broke it
    but other wise the iPad looks pretty bad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pyromcr View Post
    i wish i worked for an apple store, but i am only a freshman in high school. *sigh...
    It is not all it's cracked up to be
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    i want one ... =/!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

For the record, the 3G version of the iPad will also have GPS, so if you do a lot of traveling and don't want to squint to see the gps on your iPhone, throw the iPad in the passengers seat or what not and you have a bigger GPS.

Plus since I'm sure that idea will get some hate, location based apps on the iPad would be awesome. All that screen to put all kinds of info about your location. Local food places, movie previews of a theater near you, etc. All on one screen.

Thanks

I should be disguised as an Apple employee just to get it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Yeah, it's that new internet device that doesn't use Flash! Now that sounds useful!
    Yeah we all know it doesn't have flash...this was established a long time ago, it's not going to change. So why bring it up other than to be negative against Apple...yet again.

Lucky employees, I want mine for school.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-03-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Hopefully we will have a pre-order soon. I doubt they are sending units to stores and if they do it would only be one per store.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I am waiting for the pre-order day too. The min it goes up I will be putting in my order. At the end of the month I go to third shift for 3 weeks. It is sooooooo boring what I have to do on that shift and it would be great to load it up with some movies and tv series for the many down times or sitting waiting times. I can with my iPhone but a bigger screen would be much better.