+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Real Reason Apple Will Not Support Flash?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by rhekt i love how the flash was lagging on the videos and he would only show it playing for 1-2 sec before switching out of it and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    i love how the flash was lagging on the videos and he would only show it playing for 1-2 sec before switching out of it and talking about something else.
    At least one could appreciate the fact that effort is being made to provide it. Granted, its in beta, but even in its beta stage it is better than not having it at all.

Apple has always had its head to the future. I can appreciate this. But their arrogant refusal to support the present is time and time again the reason for their utterly meager marketshare.

Android is improving at a scary pace. Personally I'm still going to wait for Mobile 7 though. Gets sexier by the minute.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

Flash will become obsolete....so who cares if its not on the iphone or ipad right now....if u need flash go to your desktop..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    steve jobs is too busy trying to make things fit in a manila envelope instead of working to improve his stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Nit picking something that's still in development and is going to change the game in mobile devices just makes you look more stupid than you normally do in your posts.
    rota.... this is why i love you. you proove my point time and time again. you make my life so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    At least one could appreciate the fact that effort is being made to provide it. Granted, its in beta, but even in its beta stage it is better than not having it at all.

Apple has always had its head to the future. I can appreciate this. But their arrogant refusal to support the present is time and time again the reason for their utterly meager marketshare......
    outdated technology. theres allways a lull between old and new...im assuming your still hanging onto Beta/VHS/DVD/and HD? they all work fine...just like the original telegraph. of course we all know we dont send messages that way anymore. why is it that we all need to view video content on the web through flash? if it wasnt flash it would be something else. dont fear change. embrace it. Apple has allways been on the forefront of technological change.
    Last edited by rhekt; 02-22-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

rhekt, i think u and chuckiecheese need to stop talking now! wot the others are saying is we are using flash right now!!!!!!!!! forget the future for a min as all the devices we have now will b gone in a year, but what about now!!! and apple will give us flash in 2012 when the rest of the web has moved on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by homing View Post
    No way, the real reason is that Apple dont want people playing free flash Games, when they can make money by getting a part of the sales of the app store

Why not just put a flag over the flash content that says 'click here for flash' or something

It would save bandwidth, cpu time, and user confusion, knowing EXACTLY what is flash based and what is not..if you are not interested, don't click it...

Obviously a better preview image than a grey box would look better, but this is how one forum I am on implements flash content in a user signature.

Banned
    Thanks

Nit picking something that's still in development and is going to change the game in mobile devices just makes you look more stupid than you normally do in your posts.
    Nice try TORLL BOY, you're the stupid one. "I love you Flash". "Flash, Ah ah......"

You and your stupid flash games, what a dumbasss! Flown any toy helicopters today trollboy???

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny, seems to work just fine on Android. Sounds like Steve Jobs is the lazy one.

YouTube - Flash Player 10.1 on Motorola Droid

EDIT:

Also works just fine on the Palm Pre, and they have optimized it to save battery life as well.

YouTube - FLASH PLAYER ADOBE RUNNING ON PALM PRE
    The videos were interesting however I would liked to have seen them actually load the web pages as apposed to having them preloaded. They only show how it works when it's loaded but i want to see performance. How long does it take to load flash websites? And these are battery and CPU drainers so how much "optimization" was actually applied to these devices?

It's going to take more than just preloaded web pages to convince me that flash is good on mobile devices. Another thing that bothers me about flash is the unwanted ads in websites. Will that load every time you visit a web page? I'm sure that would slow the loading of pages to a certain degree but I guess I'll keep waiting and testing phones out.

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    ]

I was really disappointed that the tablet didnt run os-x. I dont care about the apps, I have my iPhone for that. I thought it would just be a big touch screen laptop. Instead its just a big iPhone, epic fail IMO

LMAO you had me in tears with that picture ohhh man! Good stuff!

Things is Steve hasn't been too wrong yet. Although, we all make fun of this iPad and him but what if it turns out to be a real seller in the future? What if he makes millions on it like he did with the iPhone/iPod Touch?
    Last edited by hollow0; 02-23-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Control! Control! Control! It's all about control.

Flash removes Apples absolute control over content.

Thanks

You're one to talk since yesterday you were nit picking on Messany for using "your" instead of "you're"

It's nice that it's in development but maybe apple doesn't want to associate with something that is still in development. Maybe they would rather it have full functionality before adding it to phones and since it doesn't seem like it can he's choosing another route.

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned, if you're a staff writer, you need to know how to properly use the English language. It's pathetic that he still makes that mistake and calls himself a staff writer.
    Yes, but people make mistakes and no one is perfect. I've even seen MSN articles with errors. And this is only ModMyi so come on man.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why not have a mouse pointer that is not directly underneath your finger? Make it scroll 1/4 inch to one side or the other with a click option elsewhere on the screen.
    Or do it a way that is similar to some of the iPhone VNC clients, like Mocha VNC, where you have a mouse icon of sorts and you set what function is corrently in play (click, right-click, hover/drag); expanding on this model that seems to work in VNC maybe a decent solution for some Flash based programs, but probably not for the more complex games and such that require multiple keys or keys + mouse simultaneously.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont know why they dont have an option to make an area of the ipads screen like a touchpad featured on all macbooks ect.. then you could control a cursor and tap it to select things thus making it work with flash.
    Simple or am I just missing something here?

Thanks

this means that the jailbreaking community most likely will not come up with flash either...
    i think leaving out flash for the iPhone its ok but for something like the iPad its just stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    rota.... this is why i love you. you proove my point time and time again. you make my life so much easier

outdated technology. theres allways a lull between old and new...im assuming your still hanging onto Beta/VHS/DVD/and HD? they all work fine...just like the original telegraph. of course we all know we dont send messages that way anymore. why is it that we all need to view video content on the web through flash? if it wasnt flash it would be something else. dont fear change. embrace it. Apple has allways been on the forefront of technological change.

Never at ANY point did I say not embrace change. Beta/VHS/8 Track... All of these things had a place until something more efficient took its place. But there was/is/always will be some sort of overlap time. No one said to use Flash INSTEAD of HTML5. But to remove the feature altogether without the replacement being ready yet is as foolhardy and arrogant as one can be. Granted your looking toward the future, but why limit yourself, when the solution is already established, and would take mind-numbingly simple effort to implement?

And stop talking down to us until your grammar improves.

Edit -

Airmouse for iPad?
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 02-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    ...But to remove the feature altogether without the replacement being ready yet is as foolhardy and arrogant as one can be
    Apples' 'we-know-better-than-you' attitude. The love/hate relationship continues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Yes, but people make mistakes and no one is perfect. I've even seen MSN articles with errors. And this is only ModMyi so come on man.
    When people make simple mistakes on your credit score, you get ******..problem with the world today is that everyone is becoming less proffesional. ******* hippies, who cares about simple mistakes, no one, but when you get PAID to write article you had better ******* step it up..ESPECIALY the msn people they need to fire those lazy wankers and higher me, ill type more compelling and proper articles about how LL cool j can be compared to a shark than they can about how you know your gf is going to dump you...and as for the flash on iphone...there are a plethora of ways that internet 2.0 could deliver multi media content, personaly i hope jobs decides to use hobo blood..it takes care of two problems at once...no more homless (dead men need no homes) and blood can carry everything from aids to zinc.. music, pictures, and videos fall between those two alphabeticaly so why the hell not NOW THAT is the future

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple said their device can do it all. But they would not support flash. That doesn't made any sense to me at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    The best solution to this problem is for users to cut the Adobe cord and move on with life.
    No.

Considering the community that is having problems with Adobe (read: the apple community)...and considering that community represents about 8% of the computer market...the best solution would be for said Apple community to recognize that their market share is small and that the overwhelming majority of that other 92% are quite happy with how Flash works for them on all their Windows and Linux boxes.

Apple users can feel free to "cut the cord". But don't be bitter when certain websites just won't work. the 92% won't placate to the incessant whining of the 8%. and the 8% experience doesn't reflect the 92% experience. Sure would be nice if Apple would get over themselves and work with Adobe...but why would they do that? Apple wants H.264 to take over to hurt their competitor. Big fat meh.

Sincerely,

Satisfied flash user, for whom Flash works well for all his Windows PCs.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (02-28-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Let it all out!
    Last gasp of a trollboy. Just go away will you. You have no knowledge and NOT ONE THING intelligent to contribute. You have your droid. These are Apple/iPhone/iPad forums. GO A-WAY you unintelligent TROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    No.

92% are quite happy with how Flash works for them on all their Windows and Linux boxes.

Apple users can feel free to "cut the cord". But don't be bitter when certain websites just won't work. the 92% won't placate to the incessant whining of the 8%. and the 8% experience doesn't reflect the 92% experience. Sure would be nice if Apple would get over themselves and work with Adobe...but why would they do that? Apple wants H.264 to take over to hurt their competitor. Big fat meh.

Sincerely,

Satisfied flash user, for whom Flash works well for all his Windows PCs.
    WRONG. Flash doesn't work well on Linux buddy. Not at all. Looky here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...rfing-web.html http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/152

Third party browser coders are dropping flash support on Linux and Unix, because the flash app is rubbish. Get your facts right before you trash talk. If you love flash so much, then one simple thing. Get something other than an iPhone. I don't care about flash Only whimpy little gamers who don't want to buy apps seem to complain here. Boo freakin hoo. Get over it. It's not on the iPhone, and won't be on the iPad, so find something else and stop whining like a little girl.
    Last edited by Kroo; 02-28-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost