Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iPad Pre-Orders Could Begin Next Week

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple iPad Pre-Orders Could Begin Next Week

When the iPad was officially unveiled last month, we were teased with a March release date and rumors of pre-order date began to swirl.

The web is abuzz this weekend with rampant speculation about if and when the iPad will finally be propped up for pre-order. As it stands, there's reason to believe Apple will be primed and ready to introduce the iPad for pre-ordering by February 25th. It is believed that the pre-orders will be restricted to US customers only.

It's worth noting, of course, that the above is merely speculation resulting from "sources" familiar with the situation. But Apple has a history of releasing products for pre-order and it makes sense for the iPad to join the list - particularly amidst talk that Apple may tinker with iPad pricing based on initial interest and sales of the tablet.

In recent weeks following the tablet's big reveal, there has been considerable talk that the iPad's formal release for purchase (or even pre-order) may yield more modest sales than were originally anticipated prior to Apple's January 27th introduction of the device. Perhaps as a consequence of the widespread anger expressed from first-in-line iPhone buyers after the significant price drop that soon followed the smartphone's 2007 release, many Apple fans and potential iPad-buyers could wait a few months after the tablet's release to actually pony up and pay for the device at a lower price.

So if February 25th proves the pre-order date, will you be among the first to sign up?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yes i will preorder one for myself , i think $499 is a low enough price for an ipad ,only reason why the iphone price dropped shortly after its release is because of its complication with at&t which also holds a share on the iphone but i could be wrong ,lets see what happens!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak? nomaDic Version's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going hold off a bit. I want to see what the dev's can do with this thing before I go shelling out $500 on a paper weight.

I will definatly not buy a iPod touch on steroids for $499-$899(ish)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want to let everybody whining about how much the ipad sucks that they will not be allowed to touch mine when I get it, and I'm confident once the apps start rolling in people will be amazed at what it CAN do.

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I want to let everybody whining about how much the ipad sucks that they will not be allowed to touch mine when I get it, and I'm confident once the apps start rolling in people will be amazed at what it CAN do.
    lol, everything that the iphone/itouch does?

i'm no apple fan boy. i'll criticize them when it's due, and i'll give them props when it's due. for all those people who say that the iPad is just an iPod touch on steroids (you know who you are), you have no imagination or foresight. you might as well be saying that the iPod is just an expensive Nomad (and we all know how that turned out don't we). i can only imagine the kind of apps that the developers will be able to create with that much screen real estate. forget about the hardware. it's not about the hardware. though the hardware certainly is great and beautifully designed, it's the software that matters. the iPhone is only as good as it is because of the app store. remove the app store and there's a dozen other smart phones out there that are as good as the iPhone. and seeing as how we haven't yet seen what the developers will be able to come up with, it's very premature to predict it's demise OR success. but going on the track record of the iPhone, the iPad should do very well. and yes, i'll be pre-ordering one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

chemalito (02-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Ill be tempted but at the same time it depends if they are going to pre sell the 3G version i dont think I want the Wifi Only one, plus im still keeping my eye on the Notion Ink Adam Tablet......it be nice to test one out before purchase!
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'll most likely hold off until this thing hits the streets and is jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    lol

If I preorder it will I get it sooner than launch day?

I will pre-order yes. Am I an Apple fanboy, sure, maybe, say what you want. But I know excellence when I see it. This iPad will truly change the way we do business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'll most likely hold off until this thing hits the streets and is jailbroken.
    This is another reason I will purchase first, and the same reason I bought several 3GSs upon launch. We know once a jailbreak is found for this device, and it will be, that Apple will change the hardware again like in the 3GS. I will not be stuck with a tethered JB on an iPad, that would be horrible. I think a giant recovery screen after a reboot would make me chuck this thing at a wall lol
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will def pre-order. This is what I have been waiting for. Anyone who hates don't ask to touch mine

If I preorder, do I get it in the mail or a voucher to pick it up at a store? I havent preordered from Apple before, have no idea how they work it.

@Melech

very valid point. one thing ive learned from jailbreaking is to learn from past mistakes
    killall Terminal[]

I too would like to know if pre-ordering would get it sooner than going to a store.

I am definitely amused at how this device has pulled out all the trolls in full force.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I will be preordering for sure.

Oh damn I live in Canada I shall oreorder it when available for canada

i have my 800 sitting in my bank waiting, will get the 64gb wifi and the portfolio case as soon as you can preorder

Thanks

I'll pass it for now until there is a jailbreaking software for it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

I will get one !
    Last edited by hungquocle; 02-22-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast