+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HP Undercutting iPad Pricing With 3G Capable Slate Device?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
maybe hp's version will be a REAL computer....hopefully hackintoshable..
    Thanks

maybe hp's version will be a REAL computer....hopefully hackintoshable..

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad apps are the same as iPod touch apps, nothing different.

About battery life, I got some things on my house called outlets, I can connect a device there and have power for all the day, Im not going to be traveling all day using my device, all we need is a real OS.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    All of you whining about not having a real OS should think about this - user experience. There's a reason slate computing hasn't taken off yet, and that is it's hard to translate traditional OSs to work well with touch. There will be iPad apps that will blow your mind, I'm sure of it...and pretty much iPad apps to do whatever you want your iPad to do. And they'll all work great, which is something I promise you won't be able to say about Win7 or full Snow Leopard on a touch device. Apps will need to be redesigned for a touch UI, why not just have a touch specific OS?

I totally understand why Apple did it. The same reasons I like Mac better than PC, it's the user experience! iPad will be successful like the iPhone BECAUSE of the app store, other touch "computers" won't be able to compete, and just wait until you see their battery life.
    Last edited by javiert30; 02-18-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Your theory is about as far fetched as saying that the tablet computers from five years ago were produced by traveling into the future, stealing Apple's idea, then implementing it back in the past. Quit nut-swinging, this is actually a usable computer as opposed to a giant iPod.
    Slightly crude, but this was what I was about to write before I even opened the thread.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC316 View Post
    When you don't have the ability to develop your own product, do the next best thing and steal their idea.... Did HP buy up a bunch of iPads and slap their logo on? Looks that way... I've lost a bit of respect for them.....
    wow....just wow. dude you can love apple all you want, but at least make statements that have some base in reality....
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

if the Slate is running a real operating system...goodbye iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I can tell you that I have owned two HP tablet PCs before I gave up trying and traded in for a macbook. Unless their product quality is a vast improvement on the last machine I had a little over a year ago, this wouldn't even be a consideration for me.
    you should have bought an EliteBook Tablet.

you're fault.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 02-18-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    you're fault.
    Wow I usually see this mistake made the other way...

Quote Originally Posted by TC316 View Post
    When you don't have the ability to develop your own product, do the next best thing and steal their idea.... Did HP buy up a bunch of iPads and slap their logo on? Looks that way... I've lost a bit of respect for them.....
    What about Apple, steal Nokia's technology. Where is your loss of respect for Apple?
    Other for the exterior looks I see absolutely no similarity between this and iPad, more powerful OS able to install real programs rather have HP over iPad anyday.
    Last edited by unison999; 02-18-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

AGAIN...do i need to ask what the cost of materials are with this HP?? OH...we dont know?? that would probably have ALOT to do with this pricepoint. LOWER QUALITY PARTS=CHEAPER PRICE.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    AGAIN...do i need to ask what the cost of materials are with this HP?? OH...we dont know?? that would probably have ALOT to do with this pricepoint. LOWER QUALITY PARTS=CHEAPER PRICE.
    Not necessarily. Companies try their best to find the lowest priced components they can get away with and then try and charge the highest price they can get away with. For all you know, this tablet could have better parts than the iPad but HP could have crappy profit margins...
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-19-2010 at 04:57 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

I do so love all this speculation.

Comparing 2 unreleased devices with very little detail that most (has anyone?) people have never actually seen seems a bit pointless to me.

I'll come back when I've seen them and might actually have something useful to say.

My hunch is that the iPad will be a success - but that's all it is, a hunch. I could very well be wrong.

Have fun everyone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Being honest I dont't care who has the better hardware, I will buy any of this as long as they allow me to do what I want , apple will not, if u buy any other hardware or os it will, this is the dispute here.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I really don't see these two devices competing against each other all that much.

As others have mentioned the user experience is going to be incredibly different with one running win 7 and the other running iphone OS. no matter what YOU personally like better I think the majority of the population would rather have the simplicity of the iphone OS and regardless of if the HP is cheaper I think the iPad will still sell better.

can't wait to get my hands on an iPad already

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    if the Slate is running a real operating system...goodbye iPad.

you should have bought an EliteBook Tablet.

you're fault.

Agreed, HP has a very good history of innovation in the tablet space. The HP TC1000/1100 was an incredible device for it's time (I have Windows 7 running well on an 1100 right now) very innovative, and way ahead of the market. I wish it didn't need a stylus, but Watcom tablet technology was the premier tech available at that time.

Hmmmm... now that I look at my TC1100, it kind of looks like an iPad too. I wonder if HP bought a bunch of iPads back in 2004 to copy Apple's idea for that product too....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prgeno View Post

Hmmmm... now that I look at my TC1100, it kind of looks like an iPad too. I wonder if HP bought a bunch of iPads back in 2004 to copy Apple's idea for that product too....
    that's what the "staff writers" here at mmi will undoubtedly be writing about next.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello to all of you,
    As per todays need all the features in this device are very much helpful.HP has discussed selling a version of the Slate similar to the iPad in size and features, and including a cellular connection for a price below the $629 Apple charges for an equivalent iPad.It has his pulse on everything related to computers, camcorders, car tech, cameras, gaming, GPS devices, networking, TVs, software, wireless devices, media players, hi-fi, wi- fi, cell phones, home appliances, sports science, power tools and more.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123