Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kevin Smith Anything But 'Silent Bob' at Macworld

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Kevin Smith Anything But 'Silent Bob' at Macworld

So Steve Jobs decides not to show up at Macworld. No worries, says Macworld organizers. Kevin Smith is on speed dial. But now that the controversial and colorful film director has made his much-hyped appearance, are the powers that be at Macworld still glad they called on Kevin Smith?

At the Macworld Expo in San Francisco today, Kevin Smith took the stage and the breath away from many in the audience who were astounded by Smith's colorful vocabulary during his presentation. But once you sift through all the swear words and their creative couplings, there was a message within the madness: the iPad is going to change movies forever.

In an attempt at humor, Smith told the audience how he sees the iPad being used in film: "I'm sure it will be used to kill someone in a movie. It will be used to brain someone and it will totally stick out of someone's head, and Steve Jobs will see it and say, 'That's not what we meant it for.'"

Smith spoke briefly to how modern technologies and devices like Apple's iPad will change the way the masses absorb digital content including television programs and movies. But for the most part, the Dogma director waxed on about everything from Jim Cameron's "Avatar" to how the independent film industry is struggling. There were also references to pot, Jay Leno, and other off-color topics of discussion.

Are you a little curious as to why the stage was yielded to Kevin Smith at Macworld for an occasionally rambling, profanity-filled monologue that has little (if anything) to do with the gadgets, technologies, and developers that made Macworld a prominent event in the first place? If you figure it out, let me know. I'm just as baffled.

Yes, Kevin Smith is famous. And, yes, Macworld needed a "headliner" of sorts with Apple's departure utterly deflating the event. But did Kevin Smith extend the life of and enthusiasm for an Apple-less Macworld, or did this incongruous presentation effectively put the nails in Macworld's coffin? I'm leaning toward that latter.

Thanks

Think one day Macworld will get back to the whole roots of being a machead. I think the iphone changed the entire world not just phone industry.

Thanks

What a handsome guy.

only news I want to hear about is the MacBook Pro refresh.

why does this Messany dude sound like a damn newspaper writer???/ I read all three of these top news posts, and all three of them sounded weird to me....then i realized he wrote them all. Sorry Mr. Messany!

I was there and found him really entertaining and funny, But wasn't sure what he had to do with the Macworld. LOL
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)

kevin smith is an arrogent crass impulsive blowhard. i used to like him until i watched him in his standup video. which wasnt standup at all. it was an hour and a half of him just talking. which was like listening to pure vile venemous piss. he's an idiot.
    killall Terminal[]

Having never heard of him, I looked him up.
    I'm still none the wiser.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    kevin smith is an arrogent crass impulsive blowhard. i used to like him until i watched him in his standup video. which wasnt standup at all. it was an hour and a half of him just talking. which was like listening to pure vile venemous piss. he's an idiot.
    Maybe thats why he is usually silent , because he has nothing good to say .

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy17 View Post
    why does this Messany dude sound like a damn newspaper writer???/ I read all three of these top news posts, and all three of them sounded weird to me....then i realized he wrote them all. Sorry Mr. Messany!
    Don't listen to him - I like your style, Messany!!

Thanks probably because he doesnt do standup... he does Q&A... big difference...

His idea that the iPad will be big and revolutionary in any aspect is just laughable in it's own

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KooLLaiD View Post
    His idea that the iPad will be big and revolutionary in any aspect is just laughable in it's own

so true lolzzz
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Id go to just see Kevin Smith, iv seen him a some venue and he was freaking hilarious
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

The guy who wrote this is a little uptight methinks.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the post of the thread because you will simply not be able to surpass the idiocy of this.

And if you're talking about his QA that has gems such as when he was asked to pen a Superman script you're insane because his stories are absolutely hilarious in a "I can't believe this is how things actually work in Hollywood" kinda a way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk[/ame]
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 02-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the post of the thread because you will simply not be able to surpass the idiocy of this.

And if you're talking about his QA that has gems such as when he was asked to pen a Superman script you're insane because his stories are absolutely hilarious in a "I can't believe this is how things actually work in Hollywood" kinda a way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk
    Haha, Polar Bears and a Spider, Kevin is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by jpofsc View Post
    Thanks probably because he doesnt do standup... he does Q&A... big difference...
    like i said. it wasnt standup at all. read.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

seems more of like a limp noodle laugh to me
    Last edited by rhekt; 02-14-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    killall Terminal[]

Kevin Smith needs to STOP putting so much FOOD into his FAT MOUTH....

Southwest airlines almost stopped him from sitting down in his chair because he is so frigging F A T ...loose weight you Fat FCUK