+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hulu To Work Around Flash For iPad?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hulu is just doing what apple wants them to do.... move away from flash to html5........... I was just watching that vid posted on the first page by GTOpilot and
    Thanks

Hulu is just doing what apple wants them to do.... move away from flash to html5...........

I was just watching that vid posted on the first page by GTOpilot and when Steve said,"its so much more intimate than a laptop and so much more capable than a smartphone". I laughed and said to myself, my pre can do more. It can at least multitask and run up to 28 things at a time, then I said, heck my oldest iPhone 2G can still do more, making calls and texting.
    Last edited by ty22; 04-11-2010 at 08:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetX View Post
    I feel that Hulu support would only hurt apple's sales when it comes to TV shows. After all why would someone want to pay for the latest episode of a show when they could stream it for free on the same device?
    Because the quality of the streaming video isn't the best and some people like to own their own content. You can buy standard and HD content on iTunes. I use Hulu to watch shows/clips that I haven't seen, but if I really like an episode or tv show, I typically buy the series/show. I compare it to Pandora and iTunes. Pandora is good to check out free music, but I'll always buy the music I really enjoy.

Plus, if you are off-line or don't have web access, what are you going to do if you want to watch a favorite show or movie?

Thanks

To be honest; I wouldn't mind paying a small minimum monthly fee (with no ads) to use hulu on an iPad (though I will never buy an iPad) but if they brought a digital subscription service to the iPhone like that, I would love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed! I hate the ipad! Needs to come to iPhone too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    Agreed! I hate the ipad! Needs to come to iPhone too
    If Hulu does go with H.264 you should be able to view on the iphone if I'm not mistaken.

I know Flash is not the greatest , but its the norm.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ If they make that convert then its possible. It would be dumb to go thru the expense of converting and not offer it for both devices

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ If they make that convert then its possible. It would be dumb to go thru the expense of converting and not offer it for both devices
    Hulu has already come out and say why it isn't on the iPhone yet. It's not an issue with the actual content, it's that their entire advertisement/commercials/how-they-manage-to-keep-it-free is heavily embedded in flash. Things like pop-up commercials, overlays, things a video can't do. Their entire advertisement infrastructure is designed from the ground-up to work on a PC/Browser environment.

So basically, it isn't about just making an app that'll show videos. There's a lot that needs to be done behind the curtain for us to get it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I hear ya. I was saying that if they go thru the expense of converting their videos and ads for the iPad it would be dumb not to make the convert for iPhone also.

I don't see them bringing any content to either devices

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Hulu is just doing what apple wants them to do.... move away from flash to html5...........

I was just watching that vid posted on the first page by GTOpilot and when Steve said,"its so much more intimate than a laptop and so much more capable than a smartphone". I laughed and said to myself, my pre can do more than that thing and it can at least multitask and run up to 28 things at a time, then I said, heck my oldest iPhone 2G can still do more, making calls and texting.
    you come to an iphone jailbreak site with the multitasking argument? thats about as lame as it gets....enjoy the pre, but a jailbroken 3gs puts the pre to shame.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This sounds great!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Banned
    Thanks

what is about iphone flash?????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Really when it comes down to it Flash has a lot of pitfalls which makes it unstable and that's the exact reason Apple won't implement it on a lot of their products. I would love to see flash die altogether, and I think it would be great if sites start to use other methods because Apple refuses to support it. Oh the persuasiveness of Apple!
    No, the exact reason is that it would circumvent the App Store and allow apps that work on other phones without them having any say, control, or profit from sales of the app even on the iPhone.

Who would pay $0.99 for a fart sound generator if they could use a Flash-based one for free?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    No, the exact reason is that it would circumvent the App Store and allow apps that work on other phones without them having any say, control, or profit from sales of the app even on the iPhone.

Who would pay $0.99 for a fart sound generator if they could use a Flash-based one for free?
    Say the iPhone/iPod Touch had Flash enabled, what would you do if you had no 3G/WiFi service?? I highly doubt Apple would let you dl and install a Flash application to your device.

And there is no such thing as free Flash games on the internet. Just go to any of those sites with Flash games, and just look at all the advertising around it. You know there ARE free games/apps on the AppStore, right? Guess what, they also have ads in them as well.

Oh, and I wouldn't pay $0.99 for a fart sound generator either.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Say the iPhone/iPod Touch had Flash enabled, what would you do if you had no 3G/WiFi service?? I highly doubt Apple would let you dl and install a Flash application to your device.

And there is no such thing as free Flash games on the internet. Just go to any of those sites with Flash games, and just look at all the advertising around it. You know there ARE free games/apps on the AppStore, right? Guess what, they also have ads in them as well.

Oh, and I wouldn't pay $0.99 for a fart sound generator either.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12