+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bill Gates Isn't Impressed By The iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Bill Gates Isn't Impressed By The iPad

Well, that makes one of us.

It seems Bill Gates isn't too impressed by the concept of Apple's forthcoming iPad tablet. But instead of pointing out some possible reasons why Mr. Gates would be apathetic about the iPad (insert cough that sounds like "jealous" here), let's focus on what the Microsoft founder actually said:

You know, I’m a big believer in touch and digital reading, but I still think that some mixture of voice, the pen and a real keyboard - in other words a netbook - will be the mainstream on that.
    Bill Gates did, to be fair, muster one compliment for the iPad with a reference to the tablet being a "nice reader."

Awe, he shouldn't have.

Mr. Gates, however, made it clear that there's nothing about the iPad that makes him wish that Microsoft had developed a similar device first. Instead, Gates stressed his view that inexpensive netbooks will remain the prominent trend in computing. And while the iPad could possibly lead to the creation of “new forms of content,” Bill Gates made it known to the world that he isn't immediately jumping on the iPad bandwagon hailing the tablet as the proverbial "game changer."

While it's easy to joke and point to suspicions of jealousy, many believe Bill Gates is being honest in his assessment and genuinely lacks a great deal of zeal in regard to Apple's newest product. In the past, Gates has been willing to give credit where credit is due. In some cases, Gates has practically gushed over the iPhone. But the iPad is at least provoking a wait and see attitude from Mr. Microsoft himself.

But chances are, Steve Jobs isn't going to lose too much sleep over Bill Gates' comments. Are you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Prob.... Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wont lose sleep over Bill Gates words, but i also wont be getting an iPad either. I agree with him that its a worthless attempt at changing the market. The iPhone was good, a giant iPhone sucks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowDXDragon For This Useful Post:

jeffhesser (02-12-2010)

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    I'm not impressed with it either....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hahaha
    He's just jealous that he didn't come up with the product first.

Thanks

Bottom line-Netbooks are cheaper and I checked out the acer netbook and thought it was cool. The only thing with the ipad is carrying it around and propping it on my bed to watch a movie. I seen the caes on apple website but seems like extra bulk. Those are my concerns..

Thanks

I'm not impressed either. But, I still might get one.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I agree with Mr. Gates. This thing is an overpriced netbook. If the Ipad ran Mac OS X I would consider it to be a good device and worth it because of the cheap cost (if it ran OS X). Since it's just an oversized Ipod touch I am really skeptical about how useful the device will be. I certainly won't be buying one anytime soon. Maybe the jailbreak community will come up with some useful apps that will make the Ipad worth something, but an oversized Ipod touch that won't fit in my pocket cannot take the place of a Macbook of about the same size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    He's just jealous that he didn't come up with the product first.
    A. the maxipad suck *****
    B. it is the bumbest idea known
    C. like Bill said Notebooks are the market not a Tablet.
    D. i and many others like myself would never own an iPad as it is absolutely useless.

Just my 2 cents

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Completely agree with Gates that this will not be a game changer. It may turn out to be a great gaming device though.

Thanks

Funny, how everyone comments how much the iPad sucks when it first comes out, then calls Bill Gates jealous for not coming it up with it first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
    A. the maxipad suck *****
    B. it is the bumbest idea known
    C. like Bill said Notebooks are the market not a Tablet.
    D. i and many others like myself would never own an iPad as it is absolutely useless.

Just my 2 cents
    Bumbest? What is a bumbest?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

no one called bill gates jealous... just the author.. who wrote articles proclaiming the ipad as a game changer... somebody is deff pro-apple. and rightfully so, i mean this is an apple forum, but sometimes you just can't go with ht flow with everything. Bill Gates has been totally honest ever since the rivalry began between Apple and Microsoft, and his opinions were never fake. I agree with him anyway, the ipad is nothing special... just a larger ipod touch.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

jealousy makes me laugh
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks

LOL @ Bill Gates is jealous. The ipad is trash!

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Considering 99% of the internet thinks the iPad is a joke he might not be incorrect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone j.eck.art.3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't agree with Bill more! I can't convey just how disappointed I was when the ipad details were released. The iPhone was and still is THE game-changer for the mobile market, I really thought that the ipad was going to do the same for the "netbook" market. Instead it is an over-priced, under-powered, iPhone that doesn't fit in my pocket, can't make phone calls, can't take pictures, can't take video, doesn't appear to have GPS or a magnetometer (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about this). The iPhone -especially a jailbroken one >- is quite simply the best mobile device around, the iPad is the biggest letdown of the year thus far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    I couldn't agree with Bill more! I can't convey just how disappointed I was when the ipad details were released. The iPhone was and still is THE game-changer for the mobile market, I really thought that the ipad was going to do the same for the "netbook" market. Instead it is an over-priced, under-powered, iPhone that doesn't fit in my pocket, can't make phone calls, can't take pictures, can't take video, doesn't appear to have GPS or a magnetometer (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about this). The iPhone -especially a jailbroken one >- is quite simply the best mobile device around, the iPad is the biggest letdown of the year thus far.
    Yea. I wish it had OSX too.
    Last edited by ty22; 04-12-2010 at 12:04 PM.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08
    i mean this is an apple forum
    no this is an Apple modding forum meaning that Apple didn't get it all right!!!

to be honest bill isn't in touch any more, so what does his opinion really matter, the iPad should be a fail because there is no need for it, but I can see it selling well because of the apple fan base and people being naive about what there actually buying
    Last edited by dsg; 02-11-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Well, after reading all the comments, all the posts, and all the blogs about this iPad, all i can say is there are a lot of diverse opinions out there. I really doesn't matter in the end, ether you like the iPad or not, its sill going to sell, sell a lot of units. There are a lot of Lemmings out there that just follow trend.

On one hand i do agree with Mr Gates there that in saying that Netbooks are going to be the "norm" but frankly, in my opinion, as of right now, all netbooks s*ck. Thier clunky, and have a lot less power that what is actually running them. Most of the netbooks are just practically the same, same processor, same amount of memory, most of the time same audio and video, the only difference between netbook to netbook are the simple tweaks that place into it that make it slightly more faster or better than the last one. So basically not really that good. They should make a reinvention of the thing and make it cheap.

On the Apple side, what a lot of people fail to realize is that apple made the iPad not for everyone, but for that group of people that have a specific use of it. its not for everyone. personally i would like to have a lightweight fast netbook, but it wont come any sooner, so i think i will be buying an iPad myself. Apple is a genius at marketing, that's why even if the iPad just appeals to a few groups of people, i tell you, wait a year and they're going to be everywhere. Me i'm buying one, but not right away, i'll wait a few months, i'm more interested in the applications that are going to be developed for it more than anything else. I might even wait until next model, i'm sure they are going to add a lot of stuff to it by then.
    Google all the way...

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast