+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bill Gates Isn't Impressed By The iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by Messany Bill Gates Isn't Impressed By The iPad Well, that makes one of us. lol, nope... at least 2 of us! I have no use for an
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

Bill Gates Isn't Impressed By The iPad

Well, that makes one of us.
    lol, nope... at least 2 of us! I have no use for an outrageously expensive bigazz iPod Touch! I realize you "Steve Job's disciples" who empty your wallets and max-out your credit cards for every stupid overpriced device Apple makes, will never agree, but this thing will NEVER replace a netbook for the masses! Especially at over 3 times the price of a netbook!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    He's just jealous that he didn't come up with the product first.
    did you lost ur balls? thats making your mind go nuts?

MS is way better! he didn't come up with the ipad idea b/c its ****** idea to begain with!.

stop being a mac fan dude...

Dont mask profanity - ajl917
    Last edited by ajl917; 02-12-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Thanks

I see the ipad as an entertainment device. Something to surf the web, watch movies, or play games when I am bored. Even with iWorks available this isn't something I want to write a 20 page paper on even if I have a keyboard. I have seen netbooks used for business and school and this wont do good for both.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    A Dell mini and snowleopard combined gives you more power than the ipad at a lower price.
    But it isnt a tablet. Comparing those 2 to the iPad are completely different things...

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I'm sure Apple is holding out half of the tech they could be putting in the iPad. Look at how the iPhone gets updated every year. They're keeping the camera, OSX capability etc. for an update further down the road.
    Exactly. People hated the iPod, iPod Touch, and iPhone to a degree when it came out because it was behind what other companies have, but over time, each of them became one the most if not the most successful product of its kind. People need to calm down and if you have V1, you'll probably be in love with V2 or V3...
    Last edited by ajl917; 02-12-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well Bill is right. The Ipad isnt very impressive. Its a huge Iphone, with out the phone. Its totally worthless outside of a few niche markets. All Tablets are. This one is just even less usefull because it doesnt have the external connections that most tablets do have. Plus it only has a one gig processor.

For the same price you could by a laptop that is fully functional and usefull and will run circles around the ipad. Its one of the dumbest things they have come up with. All it is is a movie player, whoopeee. I can do that on my iphone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i want a macbook pro stealth... now thats the shizz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    He's just jealous that he didn't come up with the product first.
    ? /Facepalm.

Jealousy doesnt fit the character profile of a man whose personal worth is TEN times that of Steve Jobs. I mean, really?

Because last time I checked, manufacturers on the windows side have been trying their hands at Tablets for YEARS. Thats precisely the reason that people were/are upset with the iPad. They waited all this time to get into the tablet segment and the best thing they can release is this?

FAIL.

As far as the future upgrades are concerned... I didnt buy my 5 series BMW because of what I hoped NEXT years model is supposed to do (I hope). I bought it because it kicks *** right now. Buying consumer electronics should be approached the same way. In my opinion, you give Apple way to much credit for this. If this were anyone else's creation youd be blasting it to high heaven.

I recently sold my MBP and bought a VAIO F Series Laptop. Fully Loaded, i7QM Processor, 330m Graphics, 1080p screen, and BluRay. 1400 bucks. That included my name being engraved above the screen. And to be quite frank, as I've gotten less interested in the App Store/Cydia/Rock lately, if the iPhone refresh doesnt give blowjobs while making delicious Julienne cut french fries, I'm selling my 3gs and moving on to something else. The love/hate affair is getting old.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 02-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

Just a question. Will the ipad run ipod apps or it's own proprietary apps?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Just a question. Will the ipad run ipod apps or it's own proprietary apps?
    According to the keynote event during the unveiling of the ipad, it should be able to do both (either straight out of the box, or by pixel doubling the app in order to maximise to full screen mode), though developers are also modifying their apps so as to utilise the larger screen real-estate and to add new features.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-13-2010 at 04:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

apple is plainly taking its customers for a ride with this new iPad which is a completely worthles, useless GIANT iPod touch. Of course Jobs knows that people in US would buy anything that he throws out...even his garbage.
    I think Bill Gates was very diplomatic in his words...if it was me I would be blasting crap at the device.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234