+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Lower iPad Price If It Doesn't Sell?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

"The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will save the malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

-Gordon Gekko

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    "The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will save the malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

-Gordon Gekko
    that's deep

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    DUDE I SO AGREE!! I made a comment earlier with post regarding the GREED OF STEVE JOBS AND APPLE..
    Then of course you have the apple jock riders who dont care how much this thing costs.. just bc its apple they are standing in line waiting....

How do expect to pay almost $800 for a full iPad just bc it has wi-fi and 3G? Really.. The only selling point these fools say is bc of READING!! Are you serious?

Also what is the memory on this thing.. We still dont know.. Most netbooks come with 1gig of memory.. So if they want to compete with netbooks they need to lower price..

What pisses me off is the 3G radio that costs FREAKING $16!!!! To add this is an additional $130!!!! An 8 times mark up!! This pisses me off and shows the GREED from Apple.. I wish I could just smack the hell outta Steve Jobs and his crew.. that much money and the top ipad has only 64gig memory!! I can buy almost 3 netbooks for $800 that includes wifi and 3G capabilities...

GREED GREED GREED GREED... Thats why I continue to jailbreak.. thats why apps are all over the internet... Screw Apple!!! Mark up greedy bastards

how bout a steve jobs **** rider....or a fruitcake pleaser.. better yet what about a flaming apple...
    packing mac boy..... i can keep going if you'd like
    No. You would continue to jailbreak and install cracked apps no matter what the price is. Most apps are 99c. Don't try to use that as an excuse for your greed.

Go ahead, buy 3 netbooks. Apple doesn't care. You're not one of their more valuable customers, just a cheapskate always trying to get away with paying as little as possible
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Gordon Gekko was a villain. Someone driven by greed will always choose to treat everyone unfairly.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 02-11-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Gordon Gecko is also fictional. Quoting a fictional character to try to justify your own point is uncreative, uneducated, uncouth and just unamusing.

Isn't greed what caused Mr Jobs' first business forays to fail? Greed for money or power is still greed.

The price isn't that bad for anyone with a job, just overpriced for what it is. But there are always those with more money than sense.

I'll just wait 'til it's JB-able, otherwise it's not as fun. New-gen models always improve(iphone, 3G, 3GS)

Plus, I'm not that bored or unfulfilled that I have to rush out and be the FIRST, could be because I left kindergarten mentality behind.

What's Jailbreak? TheSkepticalGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    that don't surprise me, no flash , no multi-tasking, no camera and no mic. WTH was apple thinking?

Thanks

we're not calling you apple fanboys as an insult. we're calling you that because it invalidates whatever opinions you have.

and it's hard to call someone a cheapskate when they "own" 3000 worth of CPU's, 500 worth of media devices, and 2 "smart" phones.

yeah, i'm 18 so of course i'm not gonna bother spending that much. i have a job, but i'm more concered with college tuition frankly.

but using your pocketbook to prove a point concerning hardware is nonsensical.

Thanks

What are you drinking or smoking? And yes I WILL continue to JB and install cracked apps.. And you're right about the comment about Apple doesnt care.. My point made... as was mentioned earlier- Greed will drive you to not caring for your customers.. Steve Jobs had a business that failed before bc of GREED!! did you know that.. Im assuming you're a child or some hormone driven teen bc you rule the world and know everything right?

"Im not one of their valuable customers- just some cheap skate trying to get away with paying little as possible"
    You're damn right I am a cheapskate.... As all business owners cutting cost and making so the average consumer can purchase to keep the business running... When you have a 3G radio as mentioned on page 1 of this thread that costs $16 and Steve Job adds $130 to each iPad bc of this feature, THAT IS GREED!!! Even if he raised the cost to $45 above the cost I wouldnt complain so much but $130!!!!! you really need to check what you're talking about bc obviously you dont...

As long as JB is around I will pay money to keep the servers running as I do now, and continue to support JB... Steve Jobs doesnt like anyone to be better than him therefore he pushes away A LOT of great minds.. WHO THE HELL WANTS TO HAVE AN IPOD, IPHONE THAT LOOKS THE SAME...Thats called control... People are not the same. We are different and a simple task as customizing the back ground on the springboard still isnt an option for the iphone bc Steve Jobs wants them all the same.. Thats why JB was created....

Until then I will be a cheap skate and use netbooks that out perform this OVER PRICED iPad...
    so you basically want something for nothing. That's not being a cheapskate, that's being a thief.

And what business did Steve Jobs have that failed??? Apple is doing great, so is Pixar, and NeXt Computer got bought by Apple. He also owns the majority of Disney shares.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    If they want it to compete with netbooks, it needs to be at netbook price points.
    compete with them how? price wise?

there isnt a netbook out there with the same performance characteristics as the iPAd

might as well make a Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren the same price as a volkswagon jetta
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

What are you drinking or smoking? And yes I WILL continue to JB and install cracked apps.. And you're right about the comment about Apple doesnt care.. My point made... as was mentioned earlier- Greed will drive you to not caring for your customers.. Steve Jobs had a business that failed before bc of GREED!! did you know that.. Im assuming you're a child or some hormone driven teen bc you rule the world and know everything right?

"Im not one of their valuable customers- just some cheap skate trying to get away with paying little as possible"
    You're damn right I am a cheapskate.... As all business owners cutting cost and making so the average consumer can purchase to keep the business running... When you have a 3G radio as mentioned on page 1 of this thread that costs $16 and Steve Job adds $130 to each iPad bc of this feature, THAT IS GREED!!! Even if he raised the cost to $45 above the cost I wouldnt complain so much but $130!!!!! you really need to check what you're talking about bc obviously you dont...

As long as JB is around I will pay money to keep the servers running as I do now, and continue to support JB... Steve Jobs doesnt like anyone to be better than him therefore he pushes away A LOT of great minds.. WHO THE HELL WANTS TO HAVE AN IPOD, IPHONE THAT LOOKS THE SAME...Thats called control... People are not the same. We are different and a simple task as customizing the back ground on the springboard still isnt an option for the iphone bc Steve Jobs wants them all the same.. Thats why JB was created....

Until then I will be a cheap skate and use netbooks that out perform this OVER PRICED iPad...
    You're not really an individual, you just think you are. You're probably using the same themes 1000s of other are using. You're using wallpapers and icons SOMEONE ELSE created. That's not being individual.

Steve Jobs is way better than you. Deal with it.

And your netbook sucks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    we're not calling you apple fanboys as an insult. we're calling you that because it invalidates whatever opinions you have.

and it's hard to call someone a cheapskate when they "own" 3000 worth of CPU's, 500 worth of media devices, and 2 "smart" phones.

yeah, i'm 18 so of course i'm not gonna bother spending that much. i have a job, but i'm more concered with college tuition frankly.

but using your pocketbook to prove a point concerning hardware is nonsensical.
    Don't get your point as your post doesn't make much sense.

You bought an iphone / touch, right?
    So did I
    I'm gonna be able to do everything you can do and more, and have a bigger screen and more powerful processor to do it on.

If your budget only allows you a 3" screen, then fine. Mine doesn't, same as 1000s of others who'll buy one on launch day.
    Last edited by redcard; 02-12-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

I take it English isn't your first language?

Common sense says "I will spend my money how I like, not spend it the way some tard on a forum thinks I should spend it cos he doesn't get a big enough allowance from his momma to buy what I want to buy"

I'm not gonna spend the night on concrete. I'm gonna order it online from the comfort of my executive leather chair.

I'll throw you a dime when I see you by the bargain bucket
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Like I said.. Kids...Executive chair? I bought one from Office Depot too....LOL!! Common sense... well obviously it looks like you have none along with the rest of these idiots who want to be the first to over pay..... and yes if you see me at the bargain bucket please please ohh please throw me a dime... lets just hope you have enough left over after spendng all your funds from your executive leather chair on your over priced Ipad..

LOL!! this guy is a character.. and a real comedian at that..

Thanks for making me laugh today..

I guess you didnt see the headline on Yahoo about what it acutally cost the company.. Incase you didnt I'll post the link for ya..

what-your-gadget-really-costs: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

See theres a thing called finance- So since you're so wealthy let me help you invest your money... i would put you in so much High Risk portfolios bc you can afford to spend money like that big bucks... Money is no object... Well let me take your money, invest it for you, and we can talk later... These idiots on here..

And you're right its a forum, where I can express what I feel about a product... I just feel bad for the idiots who want to be the first on the band wagon just to brag about something that will be available for everyone hundreds less....

So me and all the other bargain bucket shoppers can still get the same ipad just like you buddy.. the thing is.. .we paid less.. Now go press a staples button- Cause that was easy!!!

Man I dont give a horses behind about what I cant help thats available online for free.... I bet your iphone is jailbroken.. Oh that was free.. I bet you have cracked apps on your phone and you say you dont then I know you're lying...

dont get on here and try to be the steve jobs hero cause you're not.. what is up with all these apple fruitcake jock strap sniffing, momma boys??

Its not about free.. its about free will and free speech bc your boy Steve jobs wont allow ppl like me to submit better apps to the itunes store. .they get rejected... so ppl like me create apps and other products to work on the iphone... and yea its free!!

So dont come on here telling me i want something for free.. thats stealing.... they should have never invented the internet.. as long as its out there.. im using buddy and you and your apple jock tasters can kiss my behind... Matter of fact i think im gonna go download an app right not for FREE....

Matter of fact let me go install OS on my PC for FREE..

LOL!!
    Bottom line, wether the iPad is overpriced or not, you want one just as bad. Guess all of us who bought PC's 15-20 years ago or more, including wintel boxes, are real idiots for spending thousands of dollars on a machine. Talk about overpriced, and that doesn't account for inflation.

Thanks

APPLE has a reputation of RIPPING OFF EVERYONE that purchases products from APPLE....

Take the HINT apple and treat people with a little more respect and lower your prices on EVERYTHING you Sell to the public and maybe you will get a better reputation in the industry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rugburn For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (02-16-2010)

Thanks

Do you remember to breathe without Steve Jobs telling you to?
    lol...nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rugburn View Post
    APPLE has a reputation of RIPPING OFF EVERYONE that purchases products from APPLE....

Take the HINT apple and treat people with a little more respect and lower your prices on EVERYTHING you Sell to the public and maybe you will get a better reputation in the industry
    Apple already have a good reputation in the industry, otherwise they wouldn't have healthy stocks and good product sales...
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-16-2010 at 04:58 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Banned
    Thanks

You're going to need the jaws of life to dislodge your head from your ***.

So 1.66GHz processors (As well as a dual core 1.6GHz available in one model), 160GB (and bigger) hard drives, 2-4GB of RAM, and ION graphics chips aren't at the same performance level as an iPad?

Do you remember to breathe without Steve Jobs telling you to?

This guy rhekt.... did he just say what i thought he said??? That has got to be one of the most dumbest comments I have ever heard... you are comparing the ipad to a netbook??

I agree with Rota... look at the stats buddy.... first off we STILL dont know the memory the ipad has... Average netbook 1GIG... storage 140GIG.....ipad memory UNKNOWN storgage- up to 64GIG....
    processor speed..

Rota you are right dude.... ipad cant compete.. then to compare the Mercedes.. Ok well if the ENGINE of the mercedes was put in a JETTA- I would buy the jetta and yes it competes with the Mercedes.. just bc the name isnt Mercedes doesnt mean it cant compete..

Quote Originally Posted by rugburn View Post
    apple has a reputation of ripping off everyone that purchases products from apple....

Take the hint apple and treat people with a little more respect and lower your prices on everything you sell to the public and maybe you will get a better reputation in the industry
    thank you!! That is the main point right there... Cant say it any better

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    lol...nice.

Apple already have a good reputation in the industry, otherwise they wouldn't have healthy stocks and good product sales...
    yea their stocks are high.. the reason= Iphone sales...when it came to their computers the stocks stayed and their reputation wasnt there... numbers dont lie... look at the market info where apple was BEFORE the iphone and where apple is AFTER the iphone.. now wth the iPad, we shall see!! but high bc of iphone.. i use to trade stocks with apple, so trust me I know
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 02-16-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: removed insults

Thanks

Dude, the very fact that you agree with rugburn shows how retarded you are.

"Lower your prices on everything you sell"

Yeah, that's how to run a business. Apple doesn't sell budget products. Don't you get that? Who in the industry has a better reputation than Apple? Nobody.
    I mean, you used to trade shares, so you should really know a little about the company, right? Or maybe you didn't really trade much shares at all. Who knows.

Your English is awful, and your username sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings. You don't sound like you've ever done much in life. You're on a forum posting about how a $500 is too expensive, and should be cheaper so you can afford it. Pull yourself together, man. Look at what you've turned into
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Rota you are right dude.... ipad cant compete.. then to compare the Mercedes.. Ok well if the ENGINE of the mercedes was put in a JETTA- I would buy the jetta and yes it competes with the Mercedes.. just bc the name isnt Mercedes doesnt mean it cant compete.. You idiot...
    Put a MB engine in a Jetta? Lol, you're probably one of those people that would build/buy a kit car/replica because you can't afford the real deal or are too cheap.

I guess Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Rolls Royce, McLaren, Koenigsegg, Pagani, Bentley, Porsche, Lotus, Audi, etc.. are all rip offs according to you. Most of these sports cars only seat two, maybe even just one, can't haul much cargo, can't go off road, give terrible gas mileage, have expensive maintenance.

So using your logic, you're better off buying a Ford Focus or Kia Sorrento. Heck you can even get a domestic car with more hp than some of the high end cars. If not, you could build up your own car for a fraction of the cost of a real high end car.

Banned
    Thanks

Dude, the very fact that you agree with rugburn shows how retarded you are.

"Lower your prices on everything you sell"

Yeah, that's how to run a business. Apple doesn't sell budget products. Don't you get that? Who in the industry has a better reputation than Apple? Nobody.
    I mean, you used to trade shares, so you should really know a little about the company, right? Or maybe you didn't really trade much shares at all. Who knows.

Your English is awful, and your username sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings. You don't sound like you've ever done much in life. You're on a forum posting about how a $500 is too expensive, and should be cheaper so you can afford it. Pull yourself together, man. Look at what you've turned into

First off what I meant by the stock market you idiot was that the market share prices increased dramatically bc of the iphone.... before that apples shares sat at around $70-90 a share.. the same around what Microsoft sat around for a while until apple released the iphone that summer..thats my point....

I never said apple sells bargain/budget products, they sell OVERPRICED products...what makes apple so great? Lets compare specs for specs on Apple vs what I can build on my own... Once you do that, whats so different? You cant say processor...video card? anything that has to do with the overall specs from motherboard to harddrive, please tell what is so different... Besides that fact that the OS is different is why I build my clients a computer WITH apple software for a FRACTION of the cost.... $2500-3k for a computer is absurd!!! Thats what I meant by that comment....

As far as stocks thats what I meant so like I said yea i know what im talking about... When it comes to my name.. Thank you, it means a lot to me especially on some forum....

By the way Lord of the Rings is a great movie... Think I'll go play WoW as well!!

LOL
    Last edited by Vathgol; 02-16-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: silly kid

Thanks

yea their stocks are high.. the reason= Iphone sales...when it came to their computers the stocks stayed and their reputation wasnt there... numbers dont lie... look at the market info where apple was BEFORE the iphone and where apple is AFTER the iphone.. now wth the iPad, we shall see!! but high bc of iphone.. i use to trade stocks with apple, so trust me I know
    Yeah I won't deny that, but he gave a basic answer with no expansion, so I did too, lol.
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-17-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This was hilarious to read....

My bet is apple has no plans on reducing the price of the iPad any time soon. I am buying one on launch day and I am sure that many other people will be as well. If you guys don't want companies to stay in business and innovate then by all means try and get there products at cost... in fact you should just find out what all parts are in it and build it yourself to save some money.
    is there a such thing as a fanboY with a y? if so is that better or worse than a fanboi? im probably one of them just which ever one is less drastic

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123