+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Lower iPad Price If It Doesn't Sell?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
That'd be nice...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

That'd be nice...
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'll check back on this in a few months. Please be prepared to eat some crow.

Oh yeah, word is out that Hulu is planning an iPad/iPhone app a la Youtube. The sooner websites move away from Flash, the better.
    Lol, it's going to be a fail here in UK, the fact that it has that microsim and no full web browsing is fail tbh. It's too expensive. $499 for the entry model is a rip off.
    There's nothing wrong with flash

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I might get someday...if there is a jailbreak for it, I'm sold.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lol, it's going to be a fail here in UK, the fact that it has that microsim and no full web browsing is fail tbh. It's too expensive. $499 for the entry model is a rip off.
    There's nothing wrong with flash
    so what if it has a micro SIM card. the only difference between a regular SIM card and a micro SIM card is the plastic that surrounds the chip itself. you can just cut up your SIM card down to make it work on the iPad, although that's not very practical, you can still make it work. Flash, meh...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

keep dreaming buddy. maybe we'll see a $100 price drop, but not anytime soon.
    The iPhone 2g was made available at $600 for 2months before the $200 price drop, what do you say to that? Today, how much is it to buy an iPhone 3g? just $99!

The iPad features are way over priced, a $200 dollar price drop is reasonable for the flash drive in itself, they could still add another $100 price drop for the 3g radio as well... it's not a dream buddy, unlike appletv this device will come out every year with more "new" features added to the line up.

You think it looks girlish so you won't get one, but if they drop the price by half, you'd get one?
    I'll buy the ipad for movie watching I guess, but I'm not choosing this based on looks alone. I could care less what the ipad does because my iPad mini has the same functions.

That's like saying Coach purses are girlish
    Purses are not only girlish, they're made for girls just like skirts. Do you wear skirts?

The iPad is girlish like the color pink, if you like pink then IMO that's kinda girlish too but that's only my opinion. you dig?

Oh yeah, word is out that Hulu is planning an iPad/iPhone app a la Youtube. The sooner websites move away from Flash, the better.
    Flash-free Hulu will be coming to the iPad soon, in development now? | 9 to 5 Mac
    for streaming media don't count on anything outside of iTunes. Flash is used to create complex animation (not just rectangles) and multiplayer games.

90% of all videos you see on the web is Flash! Interactive objects often use music, sliders, drop menus etc.

Thanks

lol so it's not an ipod touch anymore? the ipad mini? lolcats

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    If enough people think this way then it will give Apple incentive to continue grossly over-pricing their products: 60.6% profits FTL. But then again when it comes to Apple, they've never shown any sign of actually caring about the consumer, only what makes them the most profit. So much for Microsoft being the big bad evil empire.
    I don't find the iPad overpriced. In fact I plan on buying several of them. If you need to wait til it fits in your budget then there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    i still think you should wait,but dont cry when you see a price drop after a month or two lol.
    Why would I cry over a price drop? If it drops a couple hundred dollars than that's great for people buying it at that point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    The iPhone 2g was made available at $600 for 2months before the $200 price drop, what do you say to that? Today, how much is it to buy an iPhone 3g? just $99!

The iPad features are way over priced, a $200 dollar price drop is reasonable for the flash drive in itself, they could still add another $100 price drop for the 3g radio as well... it's not a dream buddy, unlike appletv this device will come out every year with more "new" features added to the line up.

90% of all videos you see on the web is Flash! Interactive objects often use music, sliders, drop menus etc.

How long did it take for the iPhone 3G to drop that much in price??? It was a second generation device that didn't drop in price till the third generation version was out. You're not gonna see a first generation iPad go for $99 anytime soon, or even for under $300.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I love how people think calling us "fanboys" is an insult. NEWSFLASH!-It doesnt bother me one bit to be called an Apple Fanboy
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Well the iPad will take a year allowance for some of these kiddies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    If they want it to compete with netbooks, it needs to be at netbook price points.
    I agree, you can grab a netbook for around $300. So I think they need to work on the price to push the iPad. I've almost bought a netbook, but I'm just waiting to see what all the iPad can do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I agree, you can grab a netbook for around $300. So I think they need to work on the price to push the iPad. I've almost bought a netbook, but I'm just waiting to see what all the iPad can do.
    well get the damn netbook then. it's cheaper, has a keyboard, has flash, bigger hdd, multitasking, etc...

Thanks

Netbook= miniature size garbage
    iPad=Pocket Gold!

Kidding, but seriously, The iPad isnt a netbook. A netbook is really a useless little computer. It reminds me of those little plastic laptops kids in pre-school use to learn how to read.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

Here it is:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol I'd gladly pay an extra $100 (maybe even $200) to get the iPad right now, so why would I care if they dropped it by that much a month or two after launch?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Come on guys please hold off I want one jast as bad as the next guy. We hold the power in our hands. If we dont buy the iPad they will have no choice but to drop the price.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    buying one on launch day as well. Might even get 2 if it means apple keeps the price up, and it's out of reach of the plebians
    lmao!

Thanks

In that case, Nobody buy the iPad until they drop the price.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tudtran For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (02-11-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Done on a net book entirely. Oh yea that net book is also running osx snow and Win XP and is upgradeable to better ram and memory than the iPad. I like the concept of iPad but the price for an intermediate device is insane. I can't do that on an iPad or my iPhone. However it does do flash and multiprocessing beautifully otb. So untill the iPad is running an open operating system like ubuntu I'm out.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to viperstarpoint9 For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (02-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Here it is:

That is the one!!!!!!