+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Looking For An iPad Fixer-Upper?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The first generation iPad isn't even in the hands of consumers yet and already there's speculation about what Apple may be planning for future iPads. Where did the speculation come
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Looking For An iPad Fixer-Upper?

The first generation iPad isn't even in the hands of consumers yet and already there's speculation about what Apple may be planning for future iPads. Where did the speculation come from? Well, Apple itself is to blame for this one. The company has posted a job opening for a "Performance QA Engineer, iPad Media" with a job description that includes the following:

The Media Systems team is looking for a software quality engineer with a strong technical background to test still, video and audio capture and playback frameworks.
    Deduced from such "compelling evidence" is that Apple will incorporate a video or still photography mechanism into future or yet-to-be-revealed current models of the iPad. Flimsy reasoning? Perhaps. But Apple is undeniably on the hunt for an individual with QA experience and knowledge of digital camera technology. With the iPad serving as the hottest product development in Cupertino right now, it stands to reason that Apple will beef up their iPad-tailored team.

While most companies earn headlines based on what their employees produce, Apple routinely gets attention for simply posting a job opening. This is nothing new. But, in this case, the prospect of the iPad receiving digital video and still photography capabilities is music to the ears of many currently disappointed that the iPad is lacking such amenities in models presently unveiled.

The job is up for grabs and the qualifications are posted. Check it out... and maybe you'll be the guy or gal who gets to outfit the iPad with some cool new features

Thanks

Front facing camera iPad for Christmas 2011!

Thanks

I have a feeling Apple is going to add the camera last minute to boost sales.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is apples usual BS. Make a product and deliberately leave out features so you can release a new version and call it new and improved. Can anyone say cut and paste. Seriously. All other phones try to put it all in there for you and then have long intervals between new models. Apple does the opposite and still manages to get morons...errrrr...customers to keep buying the 'new' products.

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Apple does the opposite and still manages to get morons...errrrr...customers to keep buying the 'new' products.

like....you perhaps?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

whereswaldo (02-09-2010)

Thanks

^^ and he is one of em
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    ^^ and he is one of em
    lol
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This is apples usual BS. Make a product and deliberately leave out features so you can release a new version and call it new and improved. Can anyone say cut and paste. Seriously. All other phones try to put it all in there for you and then have long intervals between new models. Apple does the opposite and still manages to get morons...errrrr...customers to keep buying the 'new' products.
    Well, your theory is kind of a bust. Apple did not require the purchase of a new device for said Copy & Paste. It was given in the 3.0 update which was available to ALL generations of iPhones. Every consumer also knows that Apple produces a new product for each product line once a year at most. When 4.0 is released, it will be new and improved and also available to all previous iPhone owners. There is never a requirement to buy a new phone with Apple to experience the same features the newer devices have, which really sets Apple apart from other smart phones. I am sure the 4th Gen iPhone will also be an improvement in design and hardware to compliment the 4.0 software.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

adp
    Thanks

Well said "moron." You have an iPhone 3GS - you played into Apple's game. Think about what you say before your insult yourself.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

I would love to work for Apple. If they ever need a pharmacist. I will be the first in line.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"Apple does the opposite and still manages to get morons...errrrr...customers to keep buying their 'new' products.

- Sent from my iPhone 3GS"

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

It's called business. it's smart, and what anyone would do. Welcome to the real world.
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!