Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Cost for $499 iPad? $270

Thanks

For Apple, it is a good profit.
    For me, it might worth it since I own a first gen iPod touch by comparing the tech specs.
    For others, it varies.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You are nothing but a Troll...
    this is a discussion thread. what should we do with it? post a single line opinion that will inspire no responses, and then x out the browser? that would certainty make a dull community.

"Behold!
    For the vision they embrace
    And insanity
    Shall the negation rise
    And ourselves perish!
    For it is said!"

You could always get a hobby rather than trying to create a problem.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    this is a discussion thread. what should we do with it? post a single line opinion that will inspire no responses, and then x out the browser? that would certainty make a dull community.

"Behold!
    For the vision they embrace
    And insanity
    Shall the negation rise
    And ourselves perish!
    For it is said!"
    But, your previous post has nothing to do with the iPad. Therefore, it is off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Apple needs bringing down to earth HARD!!!
    gotta agree with you there. although fanboys will certainty buy enough of them to keep the sales going. one they've bought into apple, they're afraid to admit that they've purchased inferior products, and so keep buying apple, hoping to justify that initial mistake

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    But, your previous post has nothing to do with the iPad. Therefore, it is off topic.
    'twas discussing the issue of markup. and i brought to light a very valid example of a product that had a negative markup. now, attacking another user, and making accusations, that is off topic.

iPad has a glass screen. now this post is ON topic
    Last edited by lolcats1; 01-30-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would have to say that if you like it and can afford it regardless of what it cost to make it , then buy it . Otherwise quit yer bitchin. I dont like it any more than the rest of you , but I can see it doesnt have what I want (flash, camera,etc.) and therefore I will not buy .

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    quit yer bitchin.
    lol, nicely put.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

Fallguy (01-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I would have to say that if you like it and can afford it regardless of what it cost to make it , then buy it . Otherwise quit yer bitchin. I dont like it any more than the rest of you , but I can see it doesnt have what I want (flash, camera,etc.) and therefore I will not buy .
    Well said!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

Fallguy (01-30-2010)

in my line of buisness 50-70% from actual cost markup is not uncommon. the manufacturer makes a markup to the resaler. the resaler makes a markup to the retail. the world turns. we all live another day. in a perfect world 20-30% is fair. however your buisness profits will soon dwindle if everything is sold on that sort of structure.
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Good for them. Glad they are making a decent profit margin on it
    assuming they sell any

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ they will sell tons

FYI- The iPhone 3GS is $599 for the 16GB model and $699 for the 32GB. The $99, $199, and $299 pricing is what's called "subsidized pricing" through At&t and other official carriers. The carrier takes on the burden of the actual cost of the device and offers it at a reduced rate when entering into a 2-year agreement of service. You are actually paying much more than the retail price of the phone through subsidized pricing due to your monthly fees over a 2-year period.
    well said
    killall Terminal[]

You could always get a hobby rather than trying to create a problem.
    am i being accused of thoughtcrime?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^It might sell in the USA but over here in UK it will not sell. It'll be a failure like the AppleTV is. Apple need to cut more of the price if it only costs that much to make it if they want everyone to buy it. Putting in a microsim is ridiculous too just because Apple don't want us using our current sims with a data plan. So only suckers who have money to burn will pay for a data plan too. Hey at least you get to change your wallpaper without jailbreaking. Haha.
    I'm 19 so I guess I fall into SB's age "category" xD
    lolcats person is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I'm 19 so I guess I fall into SB's age "category" xD
    lolcats person is funny.
    oh joy! i've proved amusing. i'm sorry that i'm not able to effectively translate my fun and nonchalant personality over this medium.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^Lol not in a bad way.

The nano jokes been made already

Lol too bad it wasn't called Mac's iPad. That name would be so close to Maxipad!!!!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 01-30-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First let me say that Apple has said that the Ipad will take the place of the "Air" there over priced for the value "netbook" So Apple is figuring that people who want a light cheap easy accessory PC will buy a Ipad.

With that being said when you take the market segment they are targeting and comparing it to the product they currently have in that line up the Ipad becomes a great deal.

The downfall I see is that there are things that should come out working from the start that doesnt. Flash being one.

Now profit isnt a dirty word and actually cost that a 3rd party offers and actual cost that apple has on there books I am sure is 2 diferent figures.

Apple takes 30% of AppStore sales, I am sure they are going to get a similar number with the iBookstore sales

It is funny that throughout all of the complaining about the iPad, no one has said ONE WORD about the lack of a Verizon announcement....I mean, I knew it was BS from the very first rumor, but I love how no one has complained about that.
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-30-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
    With that much of a profit margin why can't they include the basic functionality of a netbook so that the web is usable. Put freaking flash on it!!!!! Do that and I'll buy it.

i hate people like u that wont hope off flashs penis....leave it alone and stop your nagging anad buy a netbook
    Last edited by z3r01; 01-30-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    i hate people like u that wont hope off flashs penis....leave it alone and stop your nagging anad buy a netbook
    Not supporting flash is a valid complaint when you look and see what apple has said one of the many uses of the ipad could be used for.

List 10 decent newspapers world wide that doesnt contain some type of flash product on there web site.

List 5 strictly web based media companies that dont use flash in at least 40% of the content that they deliver.

Not having flash support on the ipad from day one is about as smart as Microsoft releasing ME back in 2000.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast