+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Cost for $499 iPad? $270

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I would imagine that the battery cost more, the casing cost more, the speaker is larger, and so on. Of course I would like to pay next to nothing to
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would imagine that the battery cost more, the casing cost more, the speaker is larger, and so on. Of course I would like to pay next to nothing to get the iPad but I am alright with paying what they are asking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    I can see your point, but where is the value at $499? You can get a 32GB iPod Touch for $299. The screen costs them $100, so that equates to about $80 or so over the Touch. The storage capacity is halved on the Pad, so that's about $25 less.

So Touch (299) + screen (80) - storage (25) = 354

I could maybe see $399 being a decent price for the low end Pad since it's nothing more than a big iPod Touch.
    FYI- The iPhone 3GS is $599 for the 16GB model and $699 for the 32GB. The $99, $199, and $299 pricing is what's called "subsidized pricing" through At&t and other official carriers. The carrier takes on the burden of the actual cost of the device and offers it at a reduced rate when entering into a 2-year agreement of service. You are actually paying much more than the retail price of the phone through subsidized pricing due to your monthly fees over a 2-year period.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It would seem that with such a profit margin, the least they could do is find a means to include flash support. I've used nothing but Apple products since about 1999. I love their products, but am growing weary of half-delivered quality on key products~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lol. Honestly they are mostly 14-20. The age of arrogance and entitlement

PHEW glad i'm 21, no arrogance and entitlement for me ^__^ LOL
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

I'm 20; fix your post
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

lmao. There are exceptions to the rule but I'm not sure you are one

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I'm 20; fix your post
    LOL @dale1v.
    Asking for this change IS accurately depicting entitlement of said age group....

Thanks

Dale!! Where you been?

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

lmao. There are exceptions to the rule but I'm not sure you are one
    Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    LOL @dale1v.
    Asking for this change IS accurately depicting entitlement of said age group....
    Go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Dale!! Where you been?
    around, lol.
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-30-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Mtf

Thanks

Well said, both of you!
    that was the same person

I would never expect a company to produce a product and give it away without making a decent profit from it. This economy would fall apart if business cannot turn a profit...
    are you speaking of the american economy? because there is a very, very fine line between a "decent profit" and a 100% markup. as for the economy "falling apart" think of all the micro companies this giant has strangled, just so they can run their OS in more households. companies like this, ones that have become "too big to fail" have become veritable monopolies, and are the reason that, to say it bluntly, shits goin down.

The essence of capitalism lies in consumers making selfish choices, and companies having to cater to those whims, or perish. Companies like Apple are attempting to reshape this process, at not theirs, but at our peril.

ah, the ignorance burns. it burns us precious, shall we put it out?
    Last edited by lolcats1; 01-30-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    that was the same person

No it wasn't, go back and read who I quoted a second time.

are you speaking of the american economy? because there is a very, very fine line between a "decent profit" and a 100% markup. as for the economy "falling apart" think of all the micro companies this giant has strangled, just so they can run their OS in more households. companies like this, ones that have become "too big to fail" have become veritable monopolies, and are the reason that, to say it bluntly, shits goin down.

The essence of capitalism lies in consumers making selfish choices, and companies having to cater to those whims, or perish. Companies like Apple are attempting to reshape this process, at not theirs, but at our peril.
    If you knew anything about business or even retail for that matter you would know that there is almost always a 100% or more markup.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 713 Posts

With apple making so much profit not just on the iPad wtf are they doing not paying royalties for lets say Nokia's patented material, or anyone else they decide they don't want to pay,

Apple needs bringing down to earth HARD!!!

Don't get me wrong I like Apple products, but the way the treat market competitors or even people willing to work with them 'Adobe' is wrong

Apple are P!$$!^& Me Off

Exclamation Big Picture
    What everyone is forgetting is how much everyone estimated the device to be in the first place! the lowest guess i saw was $800 us. and Apple knocked off $300! that sounds pretty great to me. And so what if its a giant ipod touch. Bigger screen= bigger fun. After all Apple is marketing it as a gaming device.

Oh and if you dont like how much apple makes off its products, Then DONT SUPPORT THEM by buying their stuff stupid.
    -Dillberg-13

Thanks

If you knew anything about business or even retail for that matter you would know that there is almost always a 100% or more markup.
    oh, well you must have achieved a higher state of being than I have. because i so foolishly believed that Microsoft losing money on every xbox they sold was a negative markup, and that they intended on making that up through their hardware sales.

how foolish of me, i now see that 21 year olds posses infinite and all seeing knowledge. i will attempt to communicate to all 18 - 20 year olds our ignorance.

Thanks

You are nothing but a Troll...

Thanks

^ agree

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Oh and if you dont like how much apple makes off its products, Then DONT SUPPORT THEM by buying their stuff stupid.
    If you actually read my post and understood what I said, I'm not agaist their profits, it how they like to screw other companys that ticks me off,

learn to read and think about what you read!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

FYI- The iPhone 3GS is $599 for the 16GB model and $699 for the 32GB. The $99, $199, and $299 pricing is what's called "subsidized pricing" through At&t and other official carriers. The carrier takes on the burden of the actual cost of the device and offers it at a reduced rate when entering into a 2-year agreement of service. You are actually paying much more than the retail price of the phone through subsidized pricing due to your monthly fees over a 2-year period.
    FYI - I said 32GB iPod Touch since this thing is a big *** ipod touch, not a big *** iphone.

I know the difference between a phone and an mp3 player. And I am also well aware of the pricing scheme of iPhones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    FYI - I said 32GB iPod Touch since this thing is a big *** ipod touch, not a big *** iphone.

I know the difference between a phone and an mp3 player. And I am also well aware of the pricing scheme of iPhones.

You are right, you did say iTouch. My mistake