+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Sounds Off About Lack of iPad Flash Support

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Yea I am bitter about flash too. I will be getting the 64gb version on release day Since you like throwing money away please pm me,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

Yea I am bitter about flash too. I will be getting the 64gb version on release day
    Since you like throwing money away please pm me, I wouldn't mind getting an ipad if you threw money my way, perhaps then you can have someone to share the same "good points" as yours.

IMO Apple needs to apply a bigger HD, flash support, and an OS that's not just for dummies. And for my own personal preference I would like to see a blu-ray player and some usb ports.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I agree a blu-ray player is a must because the tablet will suck without 1080p.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

OMFG!!! Is adobe just a bunch of idiots? dont they know that they can get a flash player out to 10% of iphone users through cydia? Why dont they just do it!!!! if flash became a jailbreak-only thing, soon we might have 50% of phones jailbroken
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Thanks

haha..yup. i saw this. it was so quick if you werent paying attention or know what it means youd miss it. glad i wasnt the only one
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple goes too far - The Inquirer

But apparently he did. The Ipad is a netbook without the usable keyboard. It is an Iphone without the phone. It is a games machine that can't do graphics well. It is an e-book reader without the e-ink to make the print easy to see. In short, it is the veritable chocolate teapot of hardware.

Its competition really is the Amazon Kindle, which despite using e-ink is also overpriced and extremely limited.

Initially the response from Apple's fans was the usual "Jobs is a genius" nonsense. However this morning more rational heads are saying "What the...?" and "Wait a minute. Is he just trying to flog us a car without a motor?"

Enough said.

Thanks

CAN'T ACCESS DISNEY!?!?!
    Shame on Steve Jobs, he is on their board of directors.

Really though I was expecting there to be flash. I am sure if not jailbreaking will bring it then Apple will be pressured to eventually run it.

Thanks

You can't call it the best internet experiance, if it doesn't support flash!!! Kinda sad, maybe one day apple will wise up, but till then hopefully someone can hack this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I might buy the $499 WiFi only device. Just wish it had 32GB instead of just 16GB. I would mainly use it for an eReader as I've been looking at them lately. I also can see a use for it at home when I want to read things away from a desk on a bigger screen.
    see, these are the people that concern me. people seem to think that this iPad = eReader just because Apple said so and are going to offer books.

Has anyone actually tried to read whole books on an LCD screen? How'd that work out for you? Didn't like it much? Then why in the hell would you think it's going to be different on this product, which features *gasp* and LCD display!

Clearly you haven't been looking too hard at eReaders, becuase if you had, you'd already know that e-Ink > > > > > > > > LCD and it's not even close. It's like night and day. Like "I want" vs. "do not want eye strain". for brief reading, sure. but 300-page novels? Hell to the no.

It frustrates me because e-ink is such a superior technology, but people who don't know any better (not to pick on you, southfrisco) are going to blindly buy this product *primarily for reading*, pay more, and struggle to read when they could have bought a Nook or Kindle and had a much better experience (if their goal was reading).

Again, for short reading, I'm sure it'll be as good as any LCD is. But we should all be familiar enough with backlit reading to know better for extended reading.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123