+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Sounds Off About Lack of iPad Flash Support

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Its not suppose to replace a laptop. So... What you saying is that i will have to walk aroung with my laptop, iPad, mobile phone and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Its not suppose to replace a laptop.
    So... What you saying is that i will have to walk aroung with my laptop, iPad, mobile phone and iPod Touch???

What is your point on iPad in between all this?!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dumi View Post
    So... What you saying is that i will have to walk aroung with my laptop, iPad, mobile phone and iPod Touch???

What is your point on iPad in between all this?!
    I won't pretend to figure out where this product will work with your everyday life. As for me, the only product I carry everyday for sure is my iPhone. I dont use iPods anymore because I have all that on my iPhone. I do not like to take my 2k MBP with me all the time. My MBP does everything that I want out of a device but the portability of it makes me leave it at home unless I know I need it that day. Now there are many times that my iPhone is sufficient for internet surfing and watching television over the slingbox, but there are many times that I would like a larger screen to do those things. I think I would have no issue throwing the iPad in my messenger bag and break it out when I have time to kill. I do enjoy reading internet articles and online magazines and I think I would prefer to read from the iPad while lying in bed at night.

I do not see the iPad as a necessity item like my iPhone or MBP, but I think that I would get a lot of use for it for $499

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol, you're one of the biggest Apple fanboys ever, you'll always come up with an excuse to defend what Apple does. Don't think flash will come in 4.0 either, even if it does it won't come to the iPhone 3GS or 3G or 2G.

The iPad sucks with or without flash, it does no more than a iPhone 3GS, It doesn't fit into my pocket and if I want to put it in my bag. I'll get an MB or some other laptop. Here with currency conversion, the iPad will be a rip off and not worth the money at all. Why would any buy a giant iPod when you can get a PC tablet.
    Read my above post. Where did I say "A.T you must buy this product and here is why". Every post that I have written in favor of the iPad has been stating ways that I think it could help out in my life. If you would do at least do me the courtesy of reading my posts before calling me names I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-29-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol, you're one of the biggest Apple fanboys ever, you'll always come up with an excuse to defend what Apple does. Don't think flash will come in 4.0 either, even if it does it won't come to the iPhone 3GS or 3G or 2G.

The iPad sucks with or without flash, it does no more than a iPhone 3GS, It doesn't fit into my pocket and if I want to put it in my bag. I'll get an MB or some other laptop. Here with currency conversion, the iPad will be a rip off and not worth the money at all. Why would any buy a giant iPod when you can get a PC tablet.

wow you must really hate apple! what did the apple ever do to you. Your such a hypocrite. You urself said that the iPhone is a part of you..

Thanks

html5!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    You are just trying to justify why you are buying it for sure.
    You do not weigh pros and cons of a product before purchasing? Or do you just look at the negatives of every thing? I hear you, I want flash as much as the next guy. I hope that it will either be provided by Apple or that the lack of it in the iPad is enough to spark some dev to go ahead and figure out a way to bring flash to the iPhone. I really want flash but its not a total deal breaker for me. Just like I won't get rid of my iPhone because the lack of flash.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

They are rite

Thanks

Our new creation!

It is revolutionary and magical! You want multitasking, here you go...four quadrants of magical, revolutionary bliss.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 01-29-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You do not weigh pros and cons of a product before purchasing? Or do you just look at the negatives of every thing? I hear you, I want flash as much as the next guy. I hope that it will either be provided by Apple or that the lack of it in the iPad is enough to spark some dev to go ahead and figure out a way to bring flash to the iPhone. I really want flash but its not a total deal breaker for me. Just like I won't get rid of my iPhone because the lack of flash.
    Even Apple is biasing their advertising.

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Official Video Shows iPad Running Flash?

Maybe its good for your business showing off an Ipad Instead of High Quality Pictures to your clients. But for most of us this product is completly useless. And dont count on a Jailbreak. Because they probably made that Chip to prevent this.

Thanks

I do not see the iPad as a necessity item like my iPhone or MBP, but I think that I would get a lot of use for it for $499

I agree with you, and you have solid reasons for buying it. (i gave it a 3/10 but i'm just bitter cuz of no flash, i'm still getting one) lol but the 499 version ^__^ i'm sure your gonna get the 799 one

(this message is playful not intended to make fun or anything)
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Even Apple is biasing their advertising.

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Official Video Shows iPad Running Flash?

Maybe its good for your business showing off an Ipad Instead of High Quality Pictures to your clients. But for most of us this product is completly useless. And dont count on a Jailbreak. Because they probably made that Chip to prevent this.
    I know what you mean. I think this product will not be a success with the demographic of this forum. Yea, the A4 is going to be fun but there is lot of excitement going on among the hacking devs at the moment because it may have the same flaws as the current iphone 3gs which everyone thinks is locked up tight.

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    I agree with you, and you have solid reasons for buying it. (i gave it a 3/10 but i'm just bitter cuz of no flash, i'm still getting one) lol but the 499 version ^__^ i'm sure your gonna get the 799 one

(this message is playful not intended to make fun or anything)
    haha. lol @ the disclaimer

Yea I am bitter about flash too. I will be getting the 64gb version on release day
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-29-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Read my above post. Where did I say "A.T you must buy this product and here is why". Every post that I have written in favor of the iPad has been stating ways that I think it could help out in my life. If you would do at least do me the courtesy of reading my posts before calling me names I would appreciate it.
    Sorry, I kinda see where your coming from but I still think the iPad is expensive for the hardware it has and 16GB for $499 is a rip tbh. No way you can have movies, music and them iPad specific apps which I assume will be pretty large files and games as well so 16GB is insufficient. Becomes more expensive for the 64GB with 3G, wouldn't you rather pay $100 more and get a MB which is a million times better?
    I wouldn't mind it as a gift but I think next year we will see a true Mac Tablet so I will just wait for that or the 3rd gen of the iPad.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ever since the iPod became a world-wide hit, Apple forgot their 'consumer' first attitude. Since then, it's been 'their way, or the hi-way'. Remember 10-15 years ago with Apple almost a 'penny stock'? The iPad, iBoot 3Gs tethered, DRM, bluetooth, copy/paste, the endless list...... Apple needs a healthy dose of reality!!

Thanks

I think this product will not be a success with the demographic of this forum.
    I might buy the $499 WiFi only device. Just wish it had 32GB instead of just 16GB. I would mainly use it for an eReader as I've been looking at them lately. I also can see a use for it at home when I want to read things away from a desk on a bigger screen. Even when I travel I can see using it in my hotel room for reading the iBooks and articles on the internet with the hotel wifi. I won't be taking it out to restaurants or Starbucks as I have an iPhone but there is a use for those that don't have too many gadgets (all I have is a desktop and iPhone).

I think peoples minds might change once it is jailbroken and devs start producing much more useful applications for the community outside of the Apple guarded walls of sanctuary. Might take a year though.

I definitely won't be buying on release. I am waiting to see what the next iPhone will have before I make a decision.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

farmville, lol
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    farmville, lol
    green day, lol

Thanks

At least it will be good for later iPad users...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Please do not mess with longtime and smart MMi Members when they are speaking the truth.
    but this is quite obviously the most entertaining function of this forum

Thanks

Lolcats I swear ur like the new zeal. Haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    well, see u half a year from now...as for me...do i really need flash? not really..im not gonna cry about it..plus html5 is shaping up now.
    do you really need flash.... are you serious? 75% of all the web's video is flash based c'mon dude get off apples seeds

Thanks

Actually 95%
    haha