Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.2 SDK Shows iPad-Only Features, Possible Camera Support

Thanks

Not an optical drive - but the ability to at least play back BluRay movies would do. Flash. Multitasking. Camera. Larger Hard Drive.

I think these are all features which are technologically available, but we are unfortunately trapped in the Apple game. "Wait for the next update, replace your device. Repeat." It's something that happened with the iPod touch, and which I'm sure will happen with the iPad. For example, the 3G[S] camera - the technology for a 7MP camera is there, but we'll have to wait until the next update (perhaps) for this.

This is what people here are talking about. We're not requesting a time machine - just things which are available in other devices. Is the iPad a good device? Yes. The iPad is definitely useful for some users (especially casual Apple users). But it lacked the expectations of many users who know what it could have been capable of.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would have liked to see a larger harddrive and webcam. But honestly I never use the cam on my MBP, so it really doesn't bother me. I think a lot of people were caught up in the hype

Thanks

Yeah, but another user who doesn't have an extra camera would have used it. I rarely use my iPhone camera, but as a company you want to attract the max spectrum of users. And honestly I don't think the iPad is capable of doing so. I think a larger HD and flash would have sold me. Multitasking will probably be achieved after jailbreaking (hoping here).
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

Honestly I think you will see multitasking and flash with 4.0

The iPad is a complete and utter failure and let down. If you like it, you're just too deep in the Kool Aid to see the truth.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Thanks

I am disappointed with this. Not even a bigger space than the iPod touch and not a lot of features or certain feature that will get me that. Rather get a netbook or a Mac mini.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Default Ipad? ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    The iPad is a complete and utter failure and let down. If you like it, you're just too deep in the Kool Aid to see the truth.
    The iPad is almost as ridiculous as when apple released the iPod Nano with a camera on the bottom of the device. Not to mention, probably the worst name I could imagine. Kind of funny how a few years ago saturday night live did a sketch about an "iPad" haha a link to it is below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lskbO1k9VO0]YouTube - MADTV-IPAD[/ame]

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say the ipad was a lot better before apple anounced it

on another note the ipad will have flash eventually! adobe confirmed this so that's one disappointment down 27.4 to go

yup. thats how they make their money, by upsetting the people that buy it first, then those people will ebay it and get the next gen, getting something that should have been there the first time. its all a scheme, i mean, since apple engineers are sooo innovative, they can't think of what should be in a product,takes them a whole nother year to figure it ??

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Not an optical drive - but the ability to at least play back BluRay movies would do. Flash. Multitasking. Camera. Larger Hard Drive.

I think these are all features which are technologically available, but we are unfortunately trapped in the Apple game. "Wait for the next update, replace your device. Repeat." It's something that happened with the iPod touch, and which I'm sure will happen with the iPad. For example, the 3G[S] camera - the technology for a 7MP camera is there, but we'll have to wait until the next update (perhaps) for this.

This is what people here are talking about. We're not requesting a time machine - just things which are available in other devices. Is the iPad a good device? Yes. The iPad is definitely useful for some users (especially casual Apple users). But it lacked the expectations of many users who know what it could have been capable of.
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I would have liked to see a larger harddrive and webcam. But honestly I never use the cam on my MBP, so it really doesn't bother me. I think a lot of people were caught up in the hype
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You want an optical drive in this day and age? lol
    @ StealthBravo/ @adp - In answer to your question, YES an optical drive in this day and age...a blu-ray device/reader/player/whatever, is an optical drive...it reads discs with light!

@ StealthBravo - Those who need and use a webcam should have it on the iPad or any other Apple made device...Nokia phones have had double facing cameras for ages.

This forum is highly informative on everything Apple (Macs, ipods, iphones and now iPads ), let's keep it that way.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-30-2010 at 01:21 AM.

i guess i am kind of surprised they didnt offer a built in camera like the MBP. seems kind of common place these days.
    killall Terminal[]

maybe they did and we are forgetting the patent on camera lenses built behind the screen... let the conspiracy theories begin! lol

I said this before that the iPhone and iPad will have the same OS to begin then the iPad will go off on its on with its on variations leaving the iPhone out and vice versa. This is what they mean by based on the iPhone oS which makes this worse for iPhone fans who want so much for their device, can you imagine the iPad getting a cool software tweak the iPhone does not! I mean the iPhone was here first !!
    But the iphone that they may release in the summer will hopefully have a few new tricks up its sleeve to increase the desirability of wanting an iphone over the ipad.
    I decided that although it is cool the ipad I would never honestly have any use for it, none whatsoever.

Thanks

Optical drives are becoming obsolete on portable computers this day and age. They are bulky unneeded hardware and I am glad one was not added to the iPad. I would prefer not having one on my MBP to be honest. If they had added it then people would complain that the tablet was over an inch thick and weighed more. The idea is for a portable device. And if you had read my post, I said that I would have liked to see a web camera but its absence doesn't really bother me because I never use the one on my MBP. I also don't think HD is needed on such a small screen.

I would love to have all the features that everyone else wants but I still see some value in the features that the iPad does have.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12