Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-27-2010, 04:06 PM #1
iPhone SDK 3.2 beta Released for Devs
Apple's iPhone Dev Center (for registered iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad developers) now has the iPhone SDK 3.2 beta for download. The firmware itself is not available as a direct download.
The release notes are interesting, specifically "iPhone OS 3.2 does not support iPhone and iPod touch devices. It runs only on iPad."
There's a lot new in the 3.2 OS, much of which was seen in the iPad video on Apple's iPad page. Some new pieces of interest:
- Popovers - The little dropdown popup menu you see in the iPad screenshots and videos. A menu pops up in it's own little HUD with options.
- Split Views With a larger screen, you can now split the content views easier in the iPad.
- External Display Support Yup, with specific cables. More accessory market for Apple! The iPad can be hooked up to external displays (presumably at least TV's, most likely monitors as well) when you buy a specific cable, and the iPad then acts as a tablet-like input for the display.
- Gesture Recognizers - All your typical iPhone gestures are supported like pinch, drag, tap, long press, etc - and some new ones like rotate.
- Custom Font Support - Applications on the iPad can choose to include and use their own custom fonts rather than the one of the system fonts.
- File-Sharing Support - Applications on the iPad can make certain files shareable, and when you hook the iPad to a computer, you'll see an external device much like your iPod does now, where you can browse files (very necessary for iWork stuff!).
Thanks to MMi user ~Steve Jobs~ for sending us the tip. Whoa, is it really you, Steve? ha.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
01-27-2010, 04:09 PM #2
hmmm pretty cool but where 4.0?
The Following User Says Thank You to s1l3nt For This Useful Post:
01-27-2010, 04:11 PM #3
i heard they mite chane iphone os
to IOS cause of ipad
Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
You too blkcadi
01-27-2010, 04:11 PM #4
Doesn't run on iPhone?? alllright
01-27-2010, 04:13 PM #5
01-27-2010, 04:23 PM #6
01-27-2010, 04:25 PM #7
01-27-2010, 04:30 PM #8
Without flash this isn't even relevant. I can get a netbook with more memory and better 3G, put iTunes on it (for movies and music) and not have my web experience limited by not having flash. Very, Very disappointed. Then for apps, I still have my phone.
No Flash, no multitasking make this device a huge failure when it could have been soooooo much better.
01-27-2010, 04:37 PM #9
This al is FAIL man...What is it with them? They gonna let us see 4.0 till July??????
I`m afraid to think that this year its not Apples` year... they begon with the wrong foot..meaning the iPad...that is a disaster thing... What am I gonna do with a Bigger iPod/iPhone? It need to be a Computer Tablet not a improvement of the iPod/iPhone in a bigger size...DAMN..
SO DISSAPOINTED....wish I never had seen those slides and videos today....
really..Apple is so good at everything but today..they failed.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyepoper For This Useful Post:
01-27-2010, 04:37 PM #10
I agree, apple says its the best way to browse the web...apparently they dont use flash. And also no multitasking? really?
01-27-2010, 04:40 PM #11
im thinking the same thing
its kinda nice but still......all this money and hype over a giant iPod
01-27-2010, 05:04 PM #12
the only good thing to come out of this ipad bs, is that itll add new features to the iphone os in the near or distance future, like the pop out menus, and other shiny eye candy,
if they cant make multi tasking on a 10inch computer then theres no way apple can make its way to the iphone anytime soon.
but we can keep dreaming.
apple fact up today for sure.3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.
01-27-2010, 05:10 PM #13
01-27-2010, 05:15 PM #14
Hopefully they fix the iPod volume control in this version. 3.1.2 still has bugs in it..."To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare
01-27-2010, 05:17 PM #15
It'll be worth it when someone hacks it to enable phone calls / sms on the 3G model. I will be passing on the 1st Gen Maxipad
The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM #16
No new iphone OS = failure!
01-27-2010, 05:32 PM #17
Man I can't believe all this hype led up to the iPad. I just watched The demo on YouTube and even Steve Jobs looks bored with it.
01-27-2010, 05:35 PM #18
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM #19
Im struggling to get my head around an iPhone OS thats not compatible with the iPhone
01-27-2010, 05:49 PM #20
"well, this is the iPhone operating system, but it won't work on you iPhone" huh?! Wow, epic fail. Maybe a 3rd gen ipad, but the first gen kinda sucks.