Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SDK 3.2 beta Released for Devs

Pissed!!!! It's really a big Ipod Touch. Definitely not magically. Wouldn't agree that it's the best way to browse the web either. Not the full experience when there are little ? mark boxes all over the web page.

Guys... this is the SDK thread, not the "iPad is terrible and killed my dog" thread. We have a thread for that. In fact, we now have a whole sub-forum for that.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I'm confident that what Apple hasn't given, the jailbreak community will provide. Most of the Ipad's short comings can be corrected by way of software upgrades. A camera or two would have been nice just for sh*ts and giggles. And I doubt anyone would complain about a microphone. None the less, Apple plays a very good game of chess. They make the moves they make for a reason. I'll take that $3.50 to the bank G.B!

I wonder how long it'll be before the devs jailbreak this. Maybe they can fix Apple's mistake and run Snow Leopard on it.

But comon..I think having such a big thing thinking its a computer and its not is just stupid. After all its just a reader only and chat machine....
    I mean..everytime apple has a new firmware update you`ll have to sync that **** again...
    Waw...that is just AMIZING BS...

Syncing and Syncing and Syncing and the bad news... is...via iTUNES>..damn..
    THis thing should have had another type of OS but that could ran iphone APPS anddd NORMAL Software for OSX.... HOW DIFFICULT could that be from al those years of Planning...THEY COULD HAVE DONE IT but they failed

I just wanna cry man...hahahaha..NOT.....but its really working on me ..
    I wanna surf the web with ease...full featured..I`m aready pissed that iphone doesn`t have all features but I was expecting this to have everything.

but..whos fault is it? APPLE or ADOBE...

I read that in ADOBE CS5 they will come with the SDK for iphone FLASh..but that would be like till July or so or more farder till CS5 is released.
    Whos fault is it now?

Does it play flash?

Well it seems that Apple has done it again! They have released the most amazing piece of equipment and said "Ah, but you can't do much with it because like always we have restricted it to what we want you to do and not what you would like to do"

It would seem to me that only a complete moron would pay so much and in return get so little in order to 'Twitter', 'Facebook'and read an eBook.

No multitasking or proper Bluetooth and if the iPhone software is anything to go by no onboard syncranisation between contacts and calendar. After that, apart from browsing the web it is puported to be a very good games machine but no actual computing power. Oh, and still no fifth row (numbers) on the keypad.

Very, very disapointing and to that end I hold very little hope of anything halfway decent coming from the new 4.0 upgrade to the iPhone.

Thanks

a lot of think it will fail miserably, but the truth is that Apple will sell millions of iPads. Apple knows exactly what they're doing. They are excellent at wowing the crowd with their devices. There's a reason they left so much out. Most likely because they plan on updating it next year as they do with all their other devices. Perfect example, last year's iPod Touch... there is no reason why the iPod Touch should've been released without a camera/video recorder when the freaking nano had one added to it. I bet you anything, this year's ipod touch refresh will add one. Just my .02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    a lot of think it will fail miserably, but the truth is that Apple will sell millions of iPads. Apple knows exactly what they're doing. They are excellent at wowing the crowd with their devices. There's a reason they left so much out. Most likely because they plan on updating it next year as they do with all their other devices. Perfect example, last year's iPod Touch... there is no reason why the iPod Touch should've been released without a camera/video recorder when the freaking nano had one added to it. I bet you anything, this year's ipod touch refresh will add one. Just my .02 cents.
    You must be unfamilar with the Apple TV....

that said, I'm going to get one. I'm hoping for jailbreak to allow me to multi task, and hopefully bring flash support. The apple TV is a very useful device with a little hacking.

For those of you that have your panties in a bunch. Your tune would be WTF is the iPad so expensive and why does it look like a macbook with the screen flipped over?

As for adding things before release, that's sort of up in the air. This release isn't unlike the iphone in that it had to release info on the product so that they can get it 3G network ready and certified on networks. If i recall it took about 3 months with the iphone as well. I'd love to see new functions by release, but i don't really think that's going to happen.

I'm getting one because it's marginally more expensive than a kindle DX with a ton more functionality. To me the must "magical" part of the device is the price point. And all it's short comings can be addressed by software (flash and muti-tasking, if jail breakers can do it, apple can do it down the road...).
    Last edited by cartman13; 01-28-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post

but..whos fault is it? APPLE or ADOBE...

I read that in ADOBE CS5 they will come with the SDK for iphone FLASh..but that would be like till July or so or more farder till CS5 is released.
    Whos fault is it now?
    See though its definitly not adobes. when u try to launch a flash vid on iphone/touch it says u have no flash player. so click on it once to download and read what it say. it clearly state that apple prohibits any development of flash for this device and when the ban is lifted they will produce the software.

Y pretty much when we try for all these features and apple knows for sure what we want. of course they search forums for critics and what we all want from Apple.

in the end we want what they give but what they give is telling us to ****off and deal with what they give not what you want!!!

Thanks

LAME. i want 3.2.1 or 4.0 for the iphone. this is great, half the updates now are gonna be useless. "ipad only", thats a bunch of junk. they shoulda never gave a release until they had 3.2 for all models. too bad i hear the ipad is super buggy anyhow! how can u market a laptop/computer/whatever and make someone buy an adapter for a USB port? especially when your ipod/iphone connects to a computer by a USB port? SENSIBLE,... GREAT JOB APPLE

Quote Originally Posted by gagliardo17 View Post
    See though its definitly not adobes. when u try to launch a flash vid on iphone/touch it says u have no flash player. so click on it once to download and read what it say. it clearly state that apple prohibits any development of flash for this device and when the ban is lifted they will produce the software.

Y pretty much when we try for all these features and apple knows for sure what we want. of course they search forums for critics and what we all want from Apple.

in the end we want what they give but what they give is telling us to ****off and deal with what they give not what you want!!!
    again WTF apple just give it to us, it will make you more money in the long run anyway. when is the jailbreak version coming out damn!!
    Last edited by ecd5000; 01-28-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

its good to get things
    killall Terminal[]

i was so exited and hyped about the new release until i realised that apple just brought out a bigger iPhone. not really up to apple standards.
    what a disappointment

Without flash on the ipad or iPhone there no need to make a newer firmware. Come on apple people been waiting for this for years now get on your job a please our needs and dreams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123