+ Reply
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad: 1 GHz CPU, 9.7" Screen, WiFi. Starting at $499.

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
How disappointing. Instead of developing a "Mac Book Touch." Apple essentially created a oversized iPod touch. How is Apple is suppose to compete with real tablet PCs? There's No Multi-tasking,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How disappointing. Instead of developing a "Mac Book Touch." Apple essentially created a oversized iPod touch. How is Apple is suppose to compete with real tablet PCs? There's No Multi-tasking, No flash support, it lacks hardware ports, it uses Mac OS X Mobile (The same OS as iphone and ipod touch). That means you're pretty much stuck with only App Store Software. Typing on the iPad looks awkward as well. They should have enable handwriting recognition instead of typing on a onscreen keyboard. Who's Apple trying to sell this product to?? (Apple Fan Boys?)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jailbreak that for sure.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

it's a good prop if Trigger Happy T.V. ever comes back

'Can't Talk Now' I'm downloading an app

Green Apple
    Thanks

1) iPad sounds like a feminine hygiene product.
    2) iPad = oversize iPod or oversized iPhone
    3) iPad = iLame
    4) epic iFail

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

IPad + Slingbox = Amazing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it will take a while until they jailbreak this. Because its a whole new CPU archithecture that apple made. they knew about all the holes in the earlier cpus and they build their own to fix theses holes. Keep Dreaming for a fast jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default How frickin lame. Apple this is not like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lol @ everyone

What were you expecting? I think it's pretty slick and can't wait to get one
    It has no innovation in it. Has the exact same homescreen as the iPod and the iPhone. Same homescreen but with a background now, they used ZERO percent of the available screen real estate to make something beautiful and fell flat on their face. No multitasking with a 1GHZ cpu, very little input changes other than menus, still needs to sync with a damn cable when it has 802.11N (don't need a cable, and doesn't cost anything to make this work), all this crap can be done with an iPod Touch for less money and more portability, no flash in the web browser (playing [adult swim] games with this would be fantastic but nope, not with this hackneyed browser!), HUGE bezel, no USB ports (stupid to have an adapter), no SD card slot (yet another adapter to ding you 20 bucks for), and no iChat type functionality. Anyone who thinks this is worth the asking price is someone who will buy anything that Apple produces without actually looking at how lame it is and what a huge waste of money it is.

I expected a product that wasn't 5 years behind the curve. There is no innovation, no magic, no intelligence in this product. It's riding the wave of the iPod/iPhone style. It's crap, too expensive, ugly bezel, limited functionality, and uninspired. I can't believe Apple produce this thing. I'll admit I wasn't into the hype, and really had no interest in one of these because I have a laptop and an iPhone, but this is so lame it really surprised me. Every media outlet is so desperate to like this thing and are really sitting there with egg on their face and trying desperately to justify their retarded hype and convince themselves this is something that will change portable computing. It doesn't. But they'll sell millions cause idiots will buy anything Apple makes, regardless how bad it is. You're better than this Apple, and I hope this isn't a trend.

Hopefully the next iPhoneOS will still be jailbreakable, have improvements to the UI, be higher res, support multitasking, faster, and introduce features that compete with Android because they are really kicking *** on most of them. If that doesn't happen and the next iPhone isn't amazingly fast, bigger higher res screen, and longer battery I'm dumping it in favor of a better OS and a network that actually ******* works when you want it to.

Nice job Apple, you really screwed the pooch on this one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Introducing the new iPad
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

lol just saw this has no flash.
    wtf then its basically not even a compuiter

ah well hopefully it wil in future
    still first one.
    remember the first iphone

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

lol few months ago O2 in UK said that the iphone had acces to the whole internet, and they got lawsuits because it does not support flash , hahaha. this might happen again but in the US now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Everyone complaining doesnt deserve to own an iPad.
    Wow, you're real nice for saying something like that. Doesn't deserve one because it's completely lame? Because we don't agree that introducing something extremely crippled with no innovation and selling something a few years down the road that should have been that way from the get go we don't deserve to be included in the club of iPOS owners? Wow. Just wow. And you are one of few people around here that have their head screwed on straight and one that I respect the opinions of.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    IPad + Slingbox = Amazing
    I can see this as one of the VERY few cool things about this thing. Didn't think about Slingplayer. The books being the other one, but hard copies are hard to beat.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 01-27-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What is funny is that most of the people saying "FAIL" could never afford the iPad if it came with all they crap they were expecting it to come with. They made this device for those that want a trendy, affordable and capable device. And once it gets jailbroken, the sky is the limit. I for one am happy in it's current state. Because I can afford it now. Had it been the $3000 device everyone was expecting it would have just been a device I only dream of being able to afford. So KUDOS TO YOU APPLE! Thank you

Thanks

Default you know... there has been a mac tablet out for some time now...
    Most people outside of the art world have already had the benefit of a "mac tablet" for some time now.

Ironically enough, no one really knows a whole lot about it.

However I share with you a TOTALLY authorized and endorsed macbook pro modification done by Axiotron.

It is a fully functional 17 inch macbook pro with a stylus touch interface.

Axiotron : Modbook
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to boe_dye For This Useful Post:

dsg (01-27-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Well the truth is, even tho everyone is complaining. I bet they ALL buy one!
    The video on the Apple site sold me on it, sorry to say, I love it already!
    http://www.apple.com/ipad
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

No FLASH!!! COME ON APPLE...DAMN it! no iChat camera either?? whatTF! Do even know how huge it would be to able to skype on this thing using a camera?? I would have gladly sold my new netbook if it had these features. I give the total product a C- just for those two major flaws. Very disappointed. oh, well..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

huge letdown it doesnt seem to really have any new features the iphone doesn't already have the iphone even makes phone calls so it's even better =/ so much for maybe getting that instead of a new laptop i'm totally going for a new laptop now haha

Thanks

Defiantly a Fail

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It's not a replacement for a laptop.

Thanks

same, does anyone know the size of the icons, so I can start on the first ever iPad theme?

Also please watch my latest xbox inav landscpae theme YouTube - New! Xbox 360 iphone inav landscape theme- Best EVER!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    What is funny is that most of the people saying "FAIL" could never afford the iPad if it came with all they crap they were expecting it to come with. They made this device for those that want a trendy, affordable and capable device. And once it gets jailbroken, the sky is the limit. I for one am happy in it's current state. Because I can afford it now. Had it been the $3000 device everyone was expecting it would have just been a device I only dream of being able to afford. So KUDOS TO YOU APPLE! Thank you
    I bet you think that a 17" MacBook Pro has 3k worth of hardware in it too don't you? It has nothing to do with price, it has everything to do with value, and in the current state it doesn't do anything that a netbook can do for a little bit more. Not even close. If you have to defend with 'you can't afford it anyway' it goes to show there is absolutely nothing worthwhile about this thing to defend. I would pay more than what this costs IF it had a decent set of features. I'd buy one for about a grand if it did, but it doesn't do anything other than stretch App Store apps and play video. That's it. A 10" iPod Touch. It's LAME and totally unlike Apple. They are the greatest computer company out there and they didn't do like they normally do. Deliver amazing products that kick the competition right out of the water.