+ Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad: 1 GHz CPU, 9.7" Screen, WiFi. Starting at $499.

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
i want one but wouldnt buy one..
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

i want one but wouldnt buy one..
    HIGH QUALITY BEATS FOR HIGH QUALITY ARTISTS

....MYSPACE.COM/GOTBEATS856.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you guysreally dont know the concept...
    this is mainly for entertainment like photo/movie ebook and most of all browsing the internet.

if they put features like the one on the macbook it will bypass the macs.. the sales will dramatically be changed.

imagine the sony PRS-900BC for $300??? go figure boys..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdogkirby View Post
    Think about it people!!! It will be great and will be very capable. Apple is smart enough to know that there is more of a market for a hybrid tablet than a $1200 full osx tablet. Now this allows it to be in the price range where a lot of people can afford it.
    +1

Finally someone who makes sense

Thanks

Did I notice a lack of Flash support on one of the first web pages Steve browsed to? If so, I'm not sure it deserves to be called the "best web browsing experience".

Thanks

WORTHLESS. Just get an iPod touch with a magnifying glass and you're good to go!

Thanks

Interesting concept. And I do agree that the general design is more appealing to the masses, especially those who do not own a MB or MBP. So, with that being said, good idea. Like most of us here, we already own some type of apple product.

Bottom lime: If you own a MB/MBP and iphone, not that appealing; own an iphone/no MB or MBP, maybe; own an ipod touch, no ipod touch or iphone, much more appealing. Interesting but since i own both MBP and iphone, i'll be passing on the latest marvel from apple.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks

When I saw the homescreen I laughed.
    When I saw the infamous blue cube on that webpage, I swore out loud.
    When I saw:

iPhone OS 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by TheReliq View Post
    WORTHLESS. Just get an iPod touch with a magnifying glass and you're good to go!
    lol
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crzyital7404 View Post
    i wanted OSX, but i would only buy one now if it can be jailbroken...Apple is too controlling with their products... and what happened to the front camera for video conference..???

Rather just save my money for 4g iPhone..
    i all ready said this : video camera its a accessory , its when You put the camera on the Ipad , its for Your safety :P , can You imagine how many stupid people will walk on the street with a video conference ON ...and Die ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkcloud28 View Post
    imagine how many stupid people will walk on the street with a video conference ON ...and Die ?
    and then they wouldn't reproduce, and apple will have continued on our proud tradition of natural selection. so please, distribute these to the MASSES! let the (productive) carnage begin!

Thanks

I have an iPhone and a MBP, so the iPad is really an interim device. That being said, I won't be getting one. I just don't see a need to have 3 Apple "computers". Not only that, but you wouldn't catch me dead carrying that thing around in a "man purse".
    Apples taste good.

Thanks

hmm i would get this but like the person above me said i wouldnt carry it around and also the main reason i wouldnt get one is the lack of apps that would be used. i understand you can get all the normal ones but you wouldnt be able to play tap tap revenge and would like an idiot rotating to steer in cro mag rally

This is piece of **** oversized crippled iphone can't do flash, multitasking, no gps, no camera, it has a 3g chip but you can't do calls on it. Its back to square one when the 1st gen iphone came out..They are gonna nickel and dime everyone again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

I need somewhere to rant! I HATE APPLE! they did the same thing with the first iPhone. They made it a piece of garbage at the start and then slowly improved it. Making people buy every new version because it had new features. Even though all the features could have been in the first iPhone.

Here, I was mad so I made a list!

-Low resolution (1024x768) thats not even widescreen! thats not even HD! thats only 576p!

-No flash!!!!!!! an internet tablet WITHOUT FLASH?!?!

-Slow 1GHz processor for everything! one slow *** 1GHz Apple branded processor that takes care of all processing including video and graphics. this is gonna be one slow device. Even the Nexus One has a 1GHz processor

-No multitasking!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? can't have a web page open and word-process at the same time?!!

-Ugly big bezel around the screen. thats just fugly. the next one will have a super slim bezel which will make the device alot nicer and everyone will want it

-How do you type on it? uummmm.... you can't type while holding it with both hands. and if you keep it on a table, you look down and type? thats gonna mess up your neck

-Still AT&T? even with their abysmal 3G service?

-Read ebooks on it!?! How are you gonna read full books on a normal LCD screen? other e-readers using e-Ink screens that are easy on the eyes. i'd go blind reading a whole book on a bright screen

-NO GPS! not really needed but come on!

-No USB ports?!?!?! thats just dumb.

-Slide to unlock... lmaooooo like you might by mistakely unlock it in your pocket :P

BUT... everyone will buy it now and everyone will buy it again when the next model comes out with all the features they could have easily added not but didnt on purpose so that people buy it again next year
    Last edited by DaMan05; 01-27-2010 at 09:17 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Only cool thing about this thing I find is the dock icons. Anyone knows if someone made a theme for this?
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

What I just realized is that we're all comparing this to a tablet. But it's not a tablet. It's designed to do Web, Email, Calendar, Books and Apps and I think it'll do those things really well.

But are those few things worth $500?

No.

Thanks

The money is in the software not the hardware. Do you think they care, they are going to make BILLIONS more selling apps,games, and now ibooks then they will on the ipad itself.( I just want one because i just can't resist something new and shiny.)

Thanks

This has to be the most facepalm-inducing gadget I have ever witnessed. Apple likes to say that they're bridging the gap between smartphones and laptops (more like netbooks in this case) but the truth is it costs more than either of these options and does what they do a whole lot worse. I cannot think of one single instance other than as an ebook reader where this device would be useful. I am really asking any of you to point out any instance where this device would be preferable to an iPhone or a netbook because at this point in time, all this abomination is is an iPhone which lacks it's absolute greatest feature, it's size.

Thanks

I've been calling this the Oversized iPod Touch 3g....A bit lengthy, but better than the deceptive "iPad" name. I thought they were announcing a computer? It's a pod on steroids.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 532 Posts

this will put a stain on Apples ipad aka maxipad

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DYuVN6nuY]YouTube - Amazing U1 Hybrid iPad from Lenovo Trumps Apple!!! - Tekzilla[/ame]
    iBOX Series FREE iPhone Themes
    Don't be shy to hit the Donate button if you like what you see

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10914106

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    I need somewhere to rant! I HATE APPLE! they did the same thing with the first iPhone. They made it a piece of garbage at the start and then slowly improved it. Making people buy every new version because it had new features. Even though all the features could have been in the first iPhone.

Here, I was mad so I made a list!

-Low resolution (1024x768) thats not even widescreen! thats not even HD! thats only 576p!

-No flash!!!!!!! an internet tablet WITHOUT FLASH?!?!

-Slow 1GHz processor for everything! one slow *** 1GHz Apple branded processor that takes care of all processing including video and graphics. this is gonna be one slow device. Even the Nexus One has a 1GHz processor

-No multitasking!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? can't have a web page open and word-process at the same time?!!

-Ugly big bezel around the screen. thats just fugly. the next one will have a super slim bezel which will make the device alot nicer and everyone will want it

-How do you type on it? uummmm.... you can't type while holding it with both hands. and if you keep it on a table, you look down and type? thats gonna mess up your neck

-Still AT&T? even with their abysmal 3G service?

-Read ebooks on it!?! How are you gonna read full books on a normal LCD screen? other e-readers using e-Ink screens that are easy on the eyes. i'd go blind reading a whole book on a bright screen

-NO GPS! not really needed but come on!

-No USB ports?!?!?! thats just dumb.

-Slide to unlock... lmaooooo like you might by mistakely unlock it in your pocket :P

BUT... everyone will buy it now and everyone will buy it again when the next model comes out with all the features they could have easily added not but didnt on purpose so that people buy it again next year
    Wow, complainer! Did Steve Jobs call you and promise all those features to you? NO HE DIDN'T, you were to busy following all the hype/rumors and got your expectations so high no one would ever be able to make a device that would make you happy.

I will be buying one, it will be extremely useful in my day to day life going back and forth to the office.

Once again, it has GPS...
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 01-27-2010 at 10:01 PM.