Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Q] Custom Icon Theming Issue

Default [Q] Custom Icon Theming Issue
    Dear modmyi community,
    I'm currently trying to improve the look of my ipad UI so i started by installing the Ambriel Winterboard theme.
    Now that i've modified it to my taste i want to customize other icons that are not themed in the theme itself.
    But when i do so, this happens:
    -307441_10200772038972133_1798309294_n.jpg
    Can somebody please tell me how i can get rid of that black frame behind the icons?
    Thanks in advance!

Same is happening to me. I'm trying to design one for redistribution and can't seem to get rid of these grey boxes around the custom icons.

-icons.jpg

What's weird is the icon I designed for the Camera app works fine - but Facebook has the grey square. Anyone know a solution to this?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LukkyB For This Useful Post:

xkons (02-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LukkyB View Post
    Same is happening to me. I'm trying to design one for redistribution and can't seem to get rid of these grey boxes around the custom icons.

-icons.jpg

What's weird is the icon I designed for the Camera app works fine - but Facebook has the grey square. Anyone know a solution to this?
    I think i know why this is LukkyB.
    I'm in the same situation and it's so, that when you edit icons that are within a theme (in my case Ambriel for iPad) there is no shadow. But when it's an original springboard icon is you're editing, then this square appears. I've already tried to solve this problem by integrating my own app icons in the ambriel theme like adding a folder in bundles called "com.apple.pages" with my new icons inside. But that didnt work out. Maybe this just explains why this is happening to you.