+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I present to you Mountain Lion Ultimatum Mountain Lion Ultimatum is the best OS X theme ever created. It's the most accurate, most functional, most advanced, and best looking OS
    Theme Creator
    Thanks

Default [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad
    I present to you Mountain Lion Ultimatum

Mountain Lion Ultimatum is the best OS X theme ever created. It's the most accurate, most functional, most advanced, and best looking OS X theme for iOS.

Download HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-21226238.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-tile.png   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-windowsandmissioncontro.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-minimizeandzoom.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-stacki.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-launchpad.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-spotlightp.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-menubarh.jpg  

[Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-dashboardv.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-wallpapersl.jpg   [Release] Mountain Lion Ultimatum iPad-customization.jpg  

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

braintez (08-21-2012), ElderRoco (10-05-2012), hispasat (08-20-2012), iGamers (08-24-2012), nik1975 (08-20-2012), scarflaire (08-19-2012), UNLOCKZ (02-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds good, can't wait!

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Why didnt you make the Dashboard like Mountain Lions?

I like the Mission Control thing with the finder windows. Ill have to catch up to you there

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Why didnt you make the Dashboard like Mountain Lions?

I like the Mission Control thing with the finder windows. Ill have to catch up to you there
    I'm running Lion so I didn't know they changed it. I might change it so it's like Mountain Lion but I actually like the old way widgets were added more. If I keep it styled like Lion, don't tell anyone

What's Jailbreak? followthesapper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Can't wait for Wednesday - subscribed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to followthesapper For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (08-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    I'm running Lion so I didn't know they changed it. I might change it so it's like Mountain Lion but I actually like the old way widgets were added more. If I keep it styled like Lion, don't tell anyone
    I know, Im just poking at you

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it that your theme, as well as korbyn's, don't replace/cover the iPad menubar with a Mac-styled menubar. fNet's theme does this, and frankly, that makes it look so much better.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Don't we know have three themes like this for the iPad?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Why is it that your theme, as well as korbyn's, don't replace/cover the iPad menubar with a Mac-styled menubar. fNet's theme does this, and frankly, that makes it look so much better.
    Doing so removes the status bar. I'm making this theme as functional as possible so I'm not going to remove useful things like being able to see the wifi/cellular strength, battery level, and quick access to sbsettings just to look a tiny bit better. I don't want this to be a theme that people first launch and think "this is pretty cool" then a few hours/days later go back to iOS because the theme isn't functional on a day to day use. I want people to first launch it and think "this is pretty cool" then never go back to iOS because this is actually better than iOS.

I also am making this theme work completely independently of any other tweaks. You just install it and you're essentially running Mountain Lion. I learned from Lion Ultimatum that people don't enjoy installing a list of tweaks just to get the core functionality of themes working.

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

So this is what you were up to! Very sly and clever.

In regards to keeping the iOS statusbar, the iPad has much more space available on the screen and it more forgiving in that department. If there was a way to show all the system info within the theme itself it would already be on there.
    ° ° ° °

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scarflaire View Post
    So this is what you were up to! Very sly and clever.

In regards to keeping the iOS statusbar, the iPad has much more space available on the screen and it more forgiving in that department. If there was a way to show all the system info within the theme itself it would already be on there.
    It's not very noticeable, but if there's a way to show the battery and wifi without much work on the user's end I can easily move the menu bar up 20px. And I'm giving you the theme as soon as it's done; you don't know how much better an experience this theme is with the windows moving lag free.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

scarflaire (08-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    Doing so removes the status bar. I'm making this theme as functional as possible so I'm not going to remove useful things like being able to see the wifi/cellular strength, battery level, and quick access to sbsettings just to look a tiny bit better. I don't want this to be a theme that people first launch and think "this is pretty cool" then a few hours/days later go back to iOS because the theme isn't functional on a day to day use. I want people to first launch it and think "this is pretty cool" then never go back to iOS because this is actually better than iOS.

I also am making this theme work completely independently of any other tweaks. You just install it and you're essentially running Mountain Lion. I learned from Lion Ultimatum that people don't enjoy installing a list of tweaks just to get the core functionality of themes working.
    My thoughts too. People keep asking and asking, so I guess I'll end up doing it, but I still think it's kind of dumb.

Thanks

Is there not some way that either of you could simply skin the iOS status bar to look like the Mac menubar, hence keeping your theme in harmony? Isn't that actually what your themes are supposed to do - make the iOS look like the Mac OS? No one wants to give up functionality, but skinning/theming is about changing the look. Any theme I have strives to be a "complete" theme, meaning they theme every element. And, the status bar is one of those elements. Just my thoughts as a consumer, not a themer or coder!

My thoughts too. People keep asking and asking, so I guess I'll end up doing it, but I still think it's kind of dumb.
    Perhaps, but what is even dumber is the look of two menubars at the top.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (08-20-2012)

Thanks

It's not dumb at all... it takes away from the look of the theme. As mentioned elsewhere, one of the other similar themes managed to do this quite nicely - the only "work" required is downloading a free tweak in Cydia. That theme also keeps the time in the menubar - I'm guessing having the wifi/cell status in there is possible as well. Probably not the easiest thing, but I'm sure it could be done.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    It's not dumb at all... it takes away from the look of the theme. As mentioned elsewhere, one of the other similar themes managed to do this quite nicely - the only "work" required is downloading a free tweak in Cydia. That theme also keeps the time in the menubar - I'm guessing having the wifi/cell status in there is possible as well. Probably not the easiest thing, but I'm sure it could be done.
    It is easy, it just doesnt work well and will lead to many, mostly arbitrary emails. The way DreamBoard handles the status bar is wholly unreliable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Is there not some way that either of you could simply skin the iOS status bar to look like the Mac menubar, hence keeping your theme in harmony? Isn't that actually what your themes are supposed to do - make the iOS look like the Mac OS? No one wants to give up functionality, but skinning/theming is about changing the look. Any theme I have strives to be a "complete" theme, meaning they theme every element. And, the status bar is one of those elements. Just my thoughts as a consumer, not a themer or coder!

Perhaps, but what is even dumber is the look of two menubars at the top.
    Tim has stated that he wants people to install this theme without any additional tweaks. Theming the statusbar requires WinterBoard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    It's important to note that Tim made Lion Ultimatum with those features you stated a long time ago and it seems he does not like forcing people to download numerous tweaks.
    Last edited by scarflaire; 08-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    ° ° ° °

Thanks

If it requires Winterboard to do that, then perhaps someone will want to make a "hybrid theme" of sorts, that can take advantage of the strengths of each element.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

Awesome. This looks great too. I am glad to see the larger dock and icons. I guess I will buy another one, why not support excellent work and skills that are migrating to the iPad. We need this top-notch themers working on the iPad themes too.

When can we donate?

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Work! But.. Why can't one theme have anything.. or you guys team up or something, cant one OS X theme have everything in one.. I will hate to change to every Mac OS X Theme every 5 minutes, I am puzzled to see which theme is best, Korbyns theme is original to real, you have other stuff, etc. All are so Good.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow so many amazing themes, why cant you all work together to create a combined perfect theme. I wouldn't mind paying say 5-10 bucks for a perfect theme. You all should get in touch because now its a competition and people are join got buy one rather than the other, etc.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast