Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Mountain Lion for iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

If you guys want to be able to download the theme from The ThemeIt App, you need to either e-mail or PM on here telling me so. I will create a promo code for you to use, so that you can get the updates as soon as they come out. I will be pushing one this weekend.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

The Themeitapp.com website won't let me download your theme... Never get a chance to enter a promo code. Any one else have a problem with the site?

Quote Originally Posted by austin2103 View Post
    The Themeitapp.com website won't let me download your theme... Never get a chance to enter a promo code. Any one else have a problem with the site?
    did you download the iphone version. the ipad version of themeit did not work. try that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    did you download the iphone version. the ipad version of themeit did not work. try that.
    Yeah, to those of you trying to use the iPad version, it doesn't work for whatever reason. Also, I'm going to release a minor update soon, that focuses on RAM and graphic improvements, as well as a finder window. The next *major* update will include rotation, and more RAM improvements. I've had little time to work on it, and will post progress as I get to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to korbyn8495 For This Useful Post:

dowenguyen (09-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Good News!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Thanks!!

That was completely unexpected. Lol. That's an iPhone sized interface that pops up, and an iPhone sized NumberPad.

This keyboard is actually a port of a theme of mine for iPhone, so the needed images already exist... Kernel and I have already started testing, and it isn't going exactly as expected, but I'm sure we'll get it. It'll come down to figuring out the image callout code for it in the plist (and how it's apparently different from iPhone).

Hey, unfortunately with this type of theme (in which absolutely everything you're seeing is on the background images), we are drastically limited in what Color Keyboard allows us to do with "pressed animation". It's always been that way, starting with CK for iPhone, depending on exactly what the "keys" on the images look like.

Just to get some clarification out there as to exactly what's going on...

The native iOS keyboard (with no CK theme armed) includes no "images" at all. Everything you see (Keys, Text, Etches, Highlights, Backgrounds, etc.) are entirely made up of code that uses "hex" colors. So originally Color Keyboard was a (flipping brilliant) tweak, intended to allow themers to change the hex colors assigned to every last part, as well as change some other non-color related things like Font size, Etch position, Key Corner Radius, and Opacity of all "parts". <- That's the biggy!

The hex triplet which is made up of 6 digits for the Red, Green and Blue channels (RRGGBB) was expanded to include 2 more digits to set opacity. With the ability to set the opacity of all parts, came the ability to make all those parts completely disappear. So programming was included in CK to allow a theme's plist to call Background images based on all of the different layouts of keys you can possibly encounter while using the keyboard (hence, 108 images for iPhone 4s, and 192 images for iPad 3).

Soooo... It is possible to re-introduce opacity to the native parts, only when the keys are pressed. This works fully for iPhone, and I say fully because you can make say, only the "key" part re-appear when pressed, and set the opacity to be very low so that the key appears to "darken" a little (for instance) when pressed, and still kind of allow the Key and Text on the image underneath to be seen. Like I said, totally dependent upon what the theme looks like as to whether this looks good or not... I've always designed my themes with the Keys sized and spaced exactly like the native ones, just so that this would always be an option...

But, in our testing so far for iPad, it appears that "partial opacity" does not work properly. Not at all, actually. So the only option (barring an update to CKHD possibly) is to have the native Key re-appear, fully opaque... which looks terrible, and covers the Text to boot (not that that's the biggest deal, as your finger is more than likely also covering the Text at the same time), but it does still appear "out of place".

Admittedly, I don't own an iPad, so I can't really test quite as intensely as I would for iPhone... but assuming I haven't overlooked something, it's one of the VERY few flaws in an otherwise fantastic pair of tweaks (CK and CKHD).

Sorry to go on and on... just thought a short history/tech lesson would help explain things fully...
    Just wondering if there was an update to the keyboard issue on the passcode screen. I ran into it yesterday and saw that there is already a post on here for it.

No rush, just wondering if it was still in the works.

Thanks in advance!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to braintez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-02-2012)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braintez View Post
    Just wondering if there was an update to the keyboard issue on the passcode screen. I ran into it yesterday and saw that there is already a post on here for it.

No rush, just wondering if it was still in the works.

Thanks in advance!!

Hey! Sorry for the delay... The image callouts which should be pretty straight forward just aren't working as expected. I really wish I would have started iPad theming a long time ago. These couple little bugs are things that were never made apparent to the CK Dev (I know he doesn't own an iPad) because no one has tried image based keyboards like this for iPad... but he doesn't seem to have the time to even respond to support email any more, so...

Try this out for me if you would:

PBACKHD-Npad plist.zip

Once unzipped, this folder contains only a ColorKeyboard.plist file. Try replacing the ColorKeyboard.plist in the PhatBook Air theme folder on your iPad (after disarming the theme if needed), then re-arm the theme and check to see if this will work temporarily at least. It just contains the added code that's (hopefully) needed to make all NumberPads iOS hex colored. It's not going to look at all like it would if I could get the images working, but will make the NumberPads useable at least in the meantime...

Let me know if it happens to do the trick...

Thanks!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

braintez (09-02-2012), korbyn8495 (09-03-2012), nealh (09-01-2012)

Hey! Sorry for the delay... The image callouts which should be pretty straight forward just aren't working as expected. I really wish I would have started iPad theming a long time ago. These couple little bugs are things that were never made apparent to the CK Dev (I know he doesn't own an iPad) because no one has tried image based keyboards like this for iPad... but he doesn't seem to have the time to even respond to support email any more, so...

PBACKHHD-Npad plist.zip

Once unzipped, this folder contains only a ColorKeyboard.plist file. Try replacing the ColorKeyboard.plist in the PhatBook Air theme folder on your iPad (after disarming the theme if needed), then re-arm the theme and check to see if this will work temporarily at least. It just contains the added code that's (hopefully) needed to make all NumberPads iOS hex colored. It's not going to look at all like it would if I could get the images working, but will make the NumberPads useable at least in the meantime...

Thanks!
    Thanks, Phatmartino ... I can confirm that the new plist fixes the issue with the passcode entry ... Appreciate your diligence!

It seems to be beyond your control, but next hoping for the functionality from Colorkeyboard to change the color of the keys when typing.

Excellent tweak that complements all of the OS-X themes! Thanks again ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to braintez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-02-2012)

Just installed

I'm having a problem with clicking the icons, whenever I try to click on an icon it doesn't respond. I usually have to respring it =P
    Last edited by dowenguyen; 09-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks

PBACKHD-Npad plist.zip

Thanks!
    Nice, I can confirm it's working as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dowenguyen View Post
    Just installed

I'm having a problem with clicking the icons, whenever I try to click on an icon it doesn't respond. I usually have to respring it =P
    Hmmmm... Strange. What iPad do you have?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to korbyn8495 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-03-2012)

I have the iPad 2

Hmmmm... Strange. What iPad do you have?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Nice, I can confirm it's working as well.

Hmmmm... Strange. What iPad do you have?

Also, Mission control, favorite folder, and trash can works.
    Last edited by dowenguyen; 09-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

What's weird is that when I first boot it up in dreamboard it works then when I lock it, none of the icons are functional even when I'm back to the normal OS. I would have to respring it again. It's heart breaking that I cant use it without locking ;( maybe my permissions are set wrong?

Thanks

What's weird is that when I first boot it up in dreamboard it works then when I lock it, none of the icons are functional even when I'm back to the normal OS. I would have to respring it again. It's heart breaking that I cant use it without locking ;( maybe my permissions are set wrong?
    Do you have Quasar installed? It won't be anything with your permissions, it should work "out of the box."

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Do you have Quasar installed? It won't be anything with your permissions, it should work "out of the box."
    Yes I do. But it's not on. Why?

So I uninstalled it and it runs perfect! thanks! Cheers.
    Last edited by dowenguyen; 09-04-2012 at 12:44 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dowenguyen For This Useful Post:

korbyn8495 (09-04-2012)

Thanks

Yes I do. But it's not on. Why?

So I uninstalled it and it runs perfect! thanks! Cheers.
    Quasar doesn't work with any DreamBoard themes or the DreamBoard app. A handful of other users have reported the same problem you're having as well. Glad you got it!

Will you be updating the theme or is it finished?

Default Quick Question
    I just bought the theme from themeit for my ipad 2. I saw in an earlier post you you need the promo code to get updates, will I need that or just check on themeit when an update is ready? Also i can't uncheck mission control or change dock location not sure if that a know issue or not. And when do you think it will be rotation friendly?

Thank you so much! love the theme so far!!

Still looking forward to the theme update to fix add rotation. Any idea when you will be putting that out?

I also bought the theme on Themeit and have not seen any updates. Do I need to email someone for them or ?????

Thanks !

Great app! I can't wait for the rotation update
    Last edited by Decembersend; 09-23-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast