+ Reply
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Mountain Lion for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by GClassFenix Lol just notice that this theme+keyboard will left me 150 ram to use Hey! I had hoped it would be possible to make one version for
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GClassFenix View Post
    Lol just notice that this theme+keyboard will left me 150 ram to use

Hey! I had hoped it would be possible to make one version for each International variation, and have them work on all devices (for simpler organization, upload size and quantity, and because the titles need to include so much darned info for Int/Device type, lol), but...

Here's a test copy of the same two versions already posted, but specifically for iPad 1+2. Images are at half resolution, and 80 of the 192 keyboard images are removed because they're only needed for iPad 3 Siri instances. Give whichever one applies to you a go if you would, and let me know if it makes a noticeable difference.

PhatBook Air CK iPad 1-2 [Qy-US].zip

PhatBook Air CK iPad 1-2 [Qy-UK].zip

Bug I have encountered:
    _when I set pass code, the keyboard doesn't display properly. It displays in iPhone keyboard.

Nice. I was curious what would crop up with more people making natural use of the keyboard... I don't have an iPad, so I'm not sure what layout is even used for passcode entry... Can you post a screen of it?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome! Good to see you getting on this thread more!

I have tested the keyboards, and this is what I have found out..
    This keyboard saves 45MB of RAM on iOS not in the theme,
    But in the Mac OS X theme it only saves a few MB of RAM which won't make a difference..
    The theme takes up to more than 100MB of RAM, and the keyboard takes pretty much very less to even count.
    So now we can only hope Korbyn fixes this RAM problem. all the best!

From the start with nothing running, you will have 250MB of RAM on iOS,
    When you get into the theme you will have 130MB of RAM,
    So when you run a app depending on its size it will use your RAM,
    I'm guessing that the keyboard would take up to 10-30MB of RAM,
    This is what happened to me on my iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 latest version of theme and keyboard.
    Last edited by KernelPad; 08-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rotation?
    I get that you can't use it in portrait mode, but why can't you use it in both landscape modes? Since the iPad 2 smartcover stands on the opposite side, why isn't it able to rotate the other way? otherwise, awesome theme!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------

I am an iDiot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeO2 View Post
    I get that you can't use it in portrait mode, but why can't you use it in both landscape modes? Since the iPad 2 smartcover stands on the opposite side, why isn't it able to rotate the other way? otherwise, awesome theme!!!!
    Yeah i find this bothersome too. Dear developer, could you release an update that can fix the rotation problem (at least a manual fix) like the one in SoftKiSS's release of the Lion OSX. This is the only reason why i'm not using this theme as my default one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeO2 View Post
    Its coming soon! Very soon!

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Awesome! Good to see you getting on this thread more!

I have tested the keyboards, and this is what I have found out..
    This keyboard saves 45MB of RAM on iOS not in the theme,
    But in the Mac OS X theme it only saves a few MB of RAM which won't make a difference..
    The theme takes up to more than 100MB of RAM, and the keyboard takes pretty much very less to even count.
    So now we can only hope Korbyn fixes this RAM problem. all the best!

From the start with nothing running, you will have 250MB of RAM on iOS,
    When you get into the theme you will have 130MB of RAM,
    So when you run a app depending on its size it will use your RAM,
    I'm guessing that the keyboard would take up to 10-30MB of RAM,
    This is what happened to me on my iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 latest version of theme and keyboard.
    Hey kernel is the keyboard supposed to have animation or is it static? Just wanna make sure I downloaded the full file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's the screenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345436080.141204.jpg   OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345436094.687828.jpg  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Its coming soon! Very soon!
    I can't wait. Thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nealh For This Useful Post:

korbyn8495 (08-20-2012)

Thanks

Here's the screenshots
    Woah O.o

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having problems with mountainlioncenter and this theme when i activate mountainlioncenter with this theme on its just appear invisible any ideas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shinnigami View Post
    im having problems with mountainlioncenter and this theme when i activate mountainlioncenter with this theme on its just appear invisible any ideas
    Strange. It works fine with me. Are you using MountainCenter or the free one that does the same thing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Strange. It works fine with me. Are you using MountainCenter or the free one that does the same thing?
    oh that may be why i installed the free one thx for the help

also i need to ask is the statustweak working for you when i enable mine on my ipad it just froze and it enter on a infinite loop of respring
    it also make my icons resize
    Last edited by shinnigami; 08-20-2012 at 10:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Statustweak worked for me, it froze but then it respringed and came back to iOS with my status icons moved.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Statustweak worked for me, it froze but then it respringed and came back to iOS with my status icons moved.
    hmm im gonna let it frozen for a while and see what happen but it also resize my icons makes them smaller and less per page

Quote Originally Posted by shinnigami View Post
    hmm im gonna let it frozen for a while and see what happen but it also resize my icons makes them smaller and less per page
    it worked i never expected that it take so long to change something thank you
    Last edited by shinnigami; 08-20-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Here's the screenshots
    Thanks!!

That was completely unexpected. Lol. That's an iPhone sized interface that pops up, and an iPhone sized NumberPad.

This keyboard is actually a port of a theme of mine for iPhone, so the needed images already exist... Kernel and I have already started testing, and it isn't going exactly as expected, but I'm sure we'll get it. It'll come down to figuring out the image callout code for it in the plist (and how it's apparently different from iPhone).

Quote Originally Posted by shortysos7 View Post
    Hey kernel is the keyboard supposed to have animation or is it static? Just wanna make sure I downloaded the full file

Hey, unfortunately with this type of theme (in which absolutely everything you're seeing is on the background images), we are drastically limited in what Color Keyboard allows us to do with "pressed animation". It's always been that way, starting with CK for iPhone, depending on exactly what the "keys" on the images look like.

Just to get some clarification out there as to exactly what's going on...

The native iOS keyboard (with no CK theme armed) includes no "images" at all. Everything you see (Keys, Text, Etches, Highlights, Backgrounds, etc.) are entirely made up of code that uses "hex" colors. So originally Color Keyboard was a (flipping brilliant) tweak, intended to allow themers to change the hex colors assigned to every last part, as well as change some other non-color related things like Font size, Etch position, Key Corner Radius, and Opacity of all "parts". <- That's the biggy!

The hex triplet which is made up of 6 digits for the Red, Green and Blue channels (RRGGBB) was expanded to include 2 more digits to set opacity. With the ability to set the opacity of all parts, came the ability to make all those parts completely disappear. So programming was included in CK to allow a theme's plist to call Background images based on all of the different layouts of keys you can possibly encounter while using the keyboard (hence, 108 images for iPhone 4s, and 192 images for iPad 3).

Soooo... It is possible to re-introduce opacity to the native parts, only when the keys are pressed. This works fully for iPhone, and I say fully because you can make say, only the "key" part re-appear when pressed, and set the opacity to be very low so that the key appears to "darken" a little (for instance) when pressed, and still kind of allow the Key and Text on the image underneath to be seen. Like I said, totally dependent upon what the theme looks like as to whether this looks good or not... I've always designed my themes with the Keys sized and spaced exactly like the native ones, just so that this would always be an option...

But, in our testing so far for iPad, it appears that "partial opacity" does not work properly. Not at all, actually. So the only option (barring an update to CKHD possibly) is to have the native Key re-appear, fully opaque... which looks terrible, and covers the Text to boot (not that that's the biggest deal, as your finger is more than likely also covering the Text at the same time), but it does still appear "out of place".

Admittedly, I don't own an iPad, so I can't really test quite as intensely as I would for iPhone... but assuming I haven't overlooked something, it's one of the VERY few flaws in an otherwise fantastic pair of tweaks (CK and CKHD).

Sorry to go on and on... just thought a short history/tech lesson would help explain things fully...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KernelPad (08-21-2012)

Thanks

Just purchased looks great! Can someone tell me what this mission control does

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Thanks!!

That was completely unexpected. Lol. That's an iPhone sized interface that pops up, and an iPhone sized NumberPad.

This keyboard is actually a port of a theme of mine for iPhone, so the needed images already exist... Kernel and I have already started testing, and it isn't going exactly as expected, but I'm sure we'll get it. It'll come down to figuring out the image callout code for it in the plist (and how it's apparently different from iPhone).

Hey, unfortunately with this type of theme (in which absolutely everything you're seeing is on the background images), we are drastically limited in what Color Keyboard allows us to do with "pressed animation". It's always been that way, starting with CK for iPhone, depending on exactly what the "keys" on the images look like.

Just to get some clarification out there as to exactly what's going on...

The native iOS keyboard (with no CK theme armed) includes no "images" at all. Everything you see (Keys, Text, Etches, Highlights, Backgrounds, etc.) are entirely made up of code that uses "hex" colors. So originally Color Keyboard was a (flipping brilliant) tweak, intended to allow themers to change the hex colors assigned to every last part, as well as change some other non-color related things like Font size, Etch position, Key Corner Radius, and Opacity of all "parts". <- That's the biggy!

The hex triplet which is made up of 6 digits for the Red, Green and Blue channels (RRGGBB) was expanded to include 2 more digits to set opacity. With the ability to set the opacity of all parts, came the ability to make all those parts completely disappear. So programming was included in CK to allow a theme's plist to call Background images based on all of the different layouts of keys you can possibly encounter while using the keyboard (hence, 108 images for iPhone 4s, and 192 images for iPad 3).

Soooo... It is possible to re-introduce opacity to the native parts, only when the keys are pressed. This works fully for iPhone, and I say fully because you can make say, only the "key" part re-appear when pressed, and set the opacity to be very low so that the key appears to "darken" a little (for instance) when pressed, and still kind of allow the Key and Text on the image underneath to be seen. Like I said, totally dependent upon what the theme looks like as to whether this looks good or not... I've always designed my themes with the Keys sized and spaced exactly like the native ones, just so that this would always be an option...

But, in our testing so far for iPad, it appears that "partial opacity" does not work properly. Not at all, actually. So the only option (barring an update to CKHD possibly) is to have the native Key re-appear, fully opaque... which looks terrible, and covers the Text to boot (not that that's the biggest deal, as your finger is more than likely also covering the Text at the same time), but it does still appear "out of place".

Admittedly, I don't own an iPad, so I can't really test quite as intensely as I would for iPhone... but assuming I haven't overlooked something, it's one of the VERY few flaws in an otherwise fantastic pair of tweaks (CK and CKHD).

Sorry to go on and on... just thought a short history/tech lesson would help explain things fully...
    Hex colors are a B to work with haha, but you sure did nail the keyboard. It looks fantastic. You can make the changes if you feel they're necessary, although everyone should be happy with what has been made. You did a great job with the keyboards!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to korbyn8495 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-26-2012)

Thanks

Sorry guys. I didn't think school would be kicking my *** in terms of freetime, so the update has been slow, BUT it IS in the works. I promise.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 688 Posts

Sorry guys. I didn't think school would be kicking my *** in terms of freetime, so the update has been slow, BUT it IS in the works. I promise.
    No worries. We all will still be here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Just purchased looks great! Can someone tell me what this mission control does
    Nothing *at the moment* whenever I implement the finder window, I will make it work.