+ Reply
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Mountain Lion for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by ChicagoV I still suggest the previously mentioned spacing of the Finder bar items, as well as a clock widget in the Finder bar (left side) with some
    iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I still suggest the previously mentioned spacing of the Finder bar items, as well as a clock widget in the Finder bar (left side) with some static images (WiFi, Bluetooth) to complete the look, allowing the Status bar to be removed completely via NoStatus. Just would make the theme appear seamless, even more that the current recommendation in the theme itself.

The current rotation works for me - I use Smart Covers, so... but I guess you're getting enough requests for it. I thought Finga put that in his onlybbecause it defaulted the other way to begin with.
    I like the spacing idea, but having fake images on the menu bar would look odd, I had an idea of having a transparent status (removes the black status bar) but it leaves the status icons (Wifi, Bluetooth) and then use a tweak to move them to the left side, sad thing that the menubar is un tab-able.. But then a questions comes in my head, how did Softkiss theme do it.. This can be solved if we think about it.

(This can work, I will prove with screenshots tomorrow, but I just can't touch the menubar)

I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS!
    Last edited by KernelPad; 08-14-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    I like the spacing idea, but having fake images on the menu bar would look odd, I had an idea of having a transparent status (removes the black status bar) but it leaves the status icons (Wifi, Bluetooth) and then use a tweak to move them to the left side, sad thing that the menubar is un tab-able.. But then a questions comes in my head, how did Softkiss theme do it.. This can be solved if we think about it.

(This can work, I will prove with screenshots tomorrow, but I just can't touch the menubar)

I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS!
    I was thinking the same thing about that. I figured you could find a way around and have real icon instead of fake I images.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 685 Posts

I still suggest the previously mentioned spacing of the Finder bar items, as well as a clock widget in the Finder bar (left side) with some static images (WiFi, Bluetooth) to complete the look, allowing the Status bar to be removed completely via NoStatus. Just would make the theme appear seamless, even more that the current recommendation in the theme itself.

The current rotation works for me - I use Smart Covers, so... but I guess you're getting enough requests for it. I thought Finga put that in his onlybbecause it defaulted the other way to begin with.
    I use a BT keyboard case(love it beekeyboard app) and I need this rotated 180 degrees to be able to turn off the ipad. I cant hit the sleep button. I would love it, if it is possible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Flip rotation??!!!
    Ill look into that!

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi453 View Post
    Awesome! im at work right now, im going to send my donation when i get home I have a question though, after watching the video is that how app icons arealways going to be organized? Or will there eventually be a finder window/folders similar to the one in FNet's osx pad hd theme?
    Ill add some sort of finder window

If I do that they wont be static, theyll be dynamic. Ill space them out too, I just need some time for that

Quote Originally Posted by shortysos7 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about that. I figured you could find a way around and have real icon instead of fake I images.
    There is a way, just have to make it an option

I use a BT keyboard case(love it beekeyboard app) and I need this rotated 180 degrees to be able to turn off the ipad. I cant hit the sleep button. I would love it, if it is possible.
    Im unsure, because of the way the dock and stack animates. Ill test it out though
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 08-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

How are you getting this hosted on Cydia if you're using copyrighted images by Apple? For iOS X Ultimatum I remade all the dock icons and even the wallpaper from scratch in Photoshop and it was still rejected...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    How are you getting this hosted on Cydia if you're using copyrighted images by Apple? For iOS X Ultimatum I remade all the dock icons and even the wallpaper from scratch in Photoshop and it was still rejected...
    Yeah, Tyler told me the same thing this morning . So it's basically The Theme Outlet, or it won't be in any stores . Also, I owe some credit to you, which I'll add right now.

Thanks

I didn't have time to upload the screenshots on hosting site, but here they' are.

OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345043154.651832.jpg
    Softkiss's with transparent status bar, look closely at the top right side.

OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345043164.918385.jpg
    The menubar even shows in an app just like the mac! (SoftKiss)

OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345043175.990601.jpg
    Korbyn lockscreen, looks good without a status bar.

OS X Mountain Lion for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345043185.165506.jpg
    Now we need to test and somehow make the status bar tap-able through the menubar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help
    Hello all finally managed to get this theam managed to brick my iPad a few days back and only managed to restore it today first thing I did was download dream board and this theam along with I file my problem is when I unzip the zip file there is 3 folders do I put them all in dream board app or a certain one of them the theam shows up in dream board but befor it has a chance to load my iPad resprings then boots in safe mode I have tried to restart but same thing happens again I'm not sure if the problem is I'm putting the wrong folders in dream board or if my 1st gen iPad just cant hack the ram that the theam uses please help as I really want to use this theam and will be royally gutted if I can't

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, this brings up a good question. How much RAM does the theme use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bbuckley View Post
    Hello all finally managed to get this theam managed to brick my iPad a few days back and only managed to restore it today first thing I did was download dream board and this theam along with I file my problem is when I unzip the zip file there is 3 folders do I put them all in dream board app or a certain one of them the theam shows up in dream board but befor it has a chance to load my iPad resprings then boots in safe mode I have tried to restart but same thing happens again I'm not sure if the problem is I'm putting the wrong folders in dream board or if my 1st gen iPad just cant hack the ram that the theam uses please help as I really want to use this theam and will be royally gutted if I can't
    When you unzip it, go all the way back to the home/disk. There should be a dreamboard folder there. That is where you place the theme folder. That's all you have to do. Make sure it's the right folder and the folder you are pasting has the icons folder, bundles, etc. inside of it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shortysos7 For This Useful Post:

korbyn8495 (08-16-2012)

Thanks

I guessing this theme takes too much ram which only the iPad first generation can't handle, there has been a Respring problem for me, when I enter the theme from DreamBoard it sometimes crashes and hits safe-mode but sometimes it doesn't, this only happens when I'm entering the theme from iOS into the theme via DreamBoard. (iPad 2)

Does anyone else have this problem...

If you are like me I like changing my DreamBoard themes every hour or so, lol.

Thanks

I guessing this theme takes too much ram which only the iPad first generation can't handle, there has been a Respring problem for me, when I enter the theme from DreamBoard it sometimes crashes and hits safe-mode but sometimes it doesn't, this only happens when I'm entering the theme from iOS into the theme via DreamBoard. (iPad 2)

Does anyone else have this problem...

If you are like me I like changing my DreamBoard themes every hour or so, lol.
    Yeah, it takes around 100-125mb of RAM, which I'm currently working on fixing. Not sure how it manages to take so much RAM.

Thanks

This is ram problem, I have iPad 2 with 245MB of ram with nothing running on iOS, when I have the theme open it's like 50-100MB, and what would iPad 1 be, 0-10MB, so that's why it's respringing because it can't handle so much.

Thanks

This is ram problem, I have iPad 2 with 245MB of ram with nothing running on iOS, when I have the theme open it's like 50-100MB, and what would iPad 1 be, 0-10MB, so that's why it's respringing because it can't handle so much.
    That sounds about right. I've put most of the heavyweight stuff as DynamicViews (which save RAM) already, but I guess that's not enough. I may re-write parts of it, for that purpose. I just haven't had time because of school. My Physics class has really been hitting me hard with homework and such.

Thanks

Yeah.. I say you should cut out as much RAM as possible, I have 30MB without anything running on the theme, with more features coming, that would mean less RAM, and I can't even run more than 3-4 apps in the background.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 685 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    That sounds about right. I've put most of the heavyweight stuff as DynamicViews (which save RAM) already, but I guess that's not enough. I may re-write parts of it, for that purpose. I just haven't had time because of school. My Physics class has really been hitting me hard with homework and such.
    worry about school first. that is much more important, this from a father!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nealh For This Useful Post:

korbyn8495 (08-16-2012)

Thanks

Yeah, my school will be starting soon, so I might be hardly online on ModMyi, depends how much pressure, homework, etc.

Thanks

Yeah.. I say you should cut out as much RAM as possible, I have 30MB without anything running on the theme, with more features coming, that would mean less RAM, and I can't even run more than 3-4 apps in the background.
    I'll attempt to fix that this weekend, I'll have some time on hand.

worry about school first. that is much more important, this from a father!
    I really like you guys . A lot of people are really demanding and would want otherwise, but thanks for being patient with me and whatnot!
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 08-16-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    I'll attempt to fix that this weekend, I'll have some time on hand.

I really like you guys . A lot of people are really demanding and would want otherwise, but thanks for being patient with me and whatnot!
    Yeah worry about school first. Mine will be starting too lol. Don't even know what kind of of homework I'll be getting.

Thanks

You guys are alright, I actually moved school, it will take me time to settle in and stuff.. lol.