+ Reply
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I saw this and seen how people were praising it and I figured why not. From a guy who doesn't generally like Dreamboard themes as it's basically overlapping the original
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I saw this and seen how people were praising it and I figured why not. From a guy who doesn't generally like Dreamboard themes as it's basically overlapping the original Springboard, I really do like this theme a lot!

I do have my gripes of when sometimes it can feel a bit unresponsive especially when I'm tapping on menu items but it's no biggie.

I have a question, on the Finder window with the applications, I'd like to get rid of the grey border on the icons as I'd like to keep the original look of the icons and the grey border really make the icons a little cramped. Do I need to delete the images for the icon borders in order to remove them? Or will this have a bad effect on the whole theme?
    Last edited by chkenwing; 08-08-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

The new version looks great. Can definitely see a difference in the finder bar. Got me very excited about more updates. Really appreciate how quick you have implemented request. First the rotation and now the retina images. U rock man.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just noticed a small little bug.

It seems like I can only close dialogs/finder windows when the windows are nearer the bottom right of the screen.

Also in the software update part, when I click on the input bar for my email address, I can't actually input anything.
    Last edited by chkenwing; 08-08-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 687 Posts

Hmmm. I updated, looks really good.

finga, my folder settings, ie the icons I put in there did not need to be redone. Not sure if you did this but that save time setting up after the update. Sweet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just installed the Theme Outlet Store App and my iPad crashed.
    Then I started the App and tried to push the "Install" button - nothing happens
    Not a very good sign

Why not make the theme available via Cydia directly
    Last edited by Spock2000; 08-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post

finga, my folder settings, ie the icons I put in there did not need to be redone. Not sure if you did this but that save time setting up after the update. Sweet.
    If this update was only graphical then only the new images were included in the update and not the plist. This would just force the Current.plist to read the new image files.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarflaire View Post
    If this update was only graphical then only the new images were included in the update and not the plist. This would just force the Current.plist to read the new image files.
    No. It should have replaced the plists too. More than graphics were updated.

Quote Originally Posted by chkenwing View Post
    I saw this and seen how people were praising it and I figured why not. From a guy who doesn't generally like Dreamboard themes as it's basically overlapping the original Springboard, I really do like this theme a lot!

I do have my gripes of when sometimes it can feel a bit unresponsive especially when I'm tapping on menu items but it's no biggie.

I have a question, on the Finder window with the applications, I'd like to get rid of the grey border on the icons as I'd like to keep the original look of the icons and the grey border really make the icons a little cramped. Do I need to delete the images for the icon borders in order to remove them? Or will this have a bad effect on the whole theme?
    Sorry about the slight delay in some menu items. The code is going through so much sometimes it takes a second instead of being instant.

If you delete the 2 icon mask and overlay graphics in the images folder THEN Also go to /DreamBoard/_library/Cache/Icons
    And delete the folder labeled OS X Pad HD, the respring, your icons will not have the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    The new version looks great. Can definitely see a difference in the finder bar. Got me very excited about more updates. Really appreciate how quick you have implemented request. First the rotation and now the retina images. U rock man.
    Thank you!!! And, your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post

Delete your current.plist and respring
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I click the rotate button and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!
    Brandon

Thanks

hi Frank,

can u implement option to change size of the dock icons ....cause i think they can be a little bit bigger imo....
    Last edited by LuCiFeRkO; 08-08-2012 at 12:41 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LuCiFeRkO For This Useful Post:

reeco (08-09-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Flip Rotation
    Hi, Flip Rotation does not work. Please help. I am on Verion 1.3.2
    Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anyway to put your own wallpaper?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kenjari's Avatar
    Thanks

This theme is ill. I'm really liking this.

Thanks

Updated OS X Pad HD to 1.3.3 with a completely rebuilt Finder Window now optimized for the Retina Display

Quote Originally Posted by Dunks206 View Post
    Is there anyway to put your own wallpaper?
    Yes. Go to the Wallpaper Settings and click on the User Wallpapers Folder. The instructions are on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiFeRkO View Post
    hi Frank,

can u implement option to change size of the dock icons ....cause i think they can be a little bit bigger imo....
    I don't think its posible with the code the way its written. I will keep it in mind though and implement something if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_Cgn View Post
    Hi, Flip Rotation does not work. Please help. I am on Verion 1.3.2
    Thank you!
    What exactly is happening? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall in case something is wrong with permissions? Try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonipad3 View Post
    I click the rotate button and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!
    Brandon
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the theme. This might help.

.................now its 1am......... time for bed!........
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-08-2012 at 10:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a great theme, thanks for sharing!

I only have two little negative things and I'm pretty sure both are not your fault!

1) get in touch with the developer of quasar, seriously, this would make your already awesome theme complete!

2) what about auto rotation? Is it simply not supported by dreamboard? Because having to do these 2 taps often screws up workflow for me, especially if I'm showing something to sb.

Oh and btw.. Did I mention that this theme is awesome?

Best regards

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fold93 View Post

I only have two little negative things and I'm pretty sure both are not your fault!

1) get in touch with the developer of quasar, seriously, this would make your already awesome theme complete!

2) what about auto rotation? Is it simply not supported by dreamboard? Because having to do these 2 taps often screws up workflow for me, especially if I'm showing something to sb.

Best regards
    DreamBoard can't read hardware status things like that. So, auto-rotation can't be done.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to korbyn8495 For This Useful Post:

Spock2000 (08-09-2012)

Thanks

You and Korbyn are really killing this Dreamboard OS X theming... this particular one only needs a larger dock and it's basically perfect. I really enjoy the customization.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

korbyn8495 (08-09-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi thefinga

I bought the theme (version1.3.2) - great job - and made some adjustments (Quick Launch etc)
    Today I updated to Version 1.3.3 and all the adjustments are gone.

Is there a way to keep these adjustment? Otherwise it's always tedious work to fill the folders and the icons.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Spock2000; 08-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thefinga, PHENOMINAL job!! I'm constantly switching between this and Boxor retina as my themes, depending on how I'm feeling. Well worth the price and then some ...

What would really knock this out of the park (McGwire / Sosa style w/o the 'roids ) is if there were these options IMHO:

1. Quasar, which is beyond your control, but one can dream ...

2. The ability to add a transparent widget where icons can be displayed as a table anywhere on screen, to simulate icons on a desktop. The honeypad theme by falcon has this functionality. I've included a screenshot of the settings page where it's toggled for reference. I feel that there's unused real estate in the current version (but perhaps you have something planned in a future version).

Once again, incredible job! Looking forward to future updates .... And a @&!?$& working version of Quasar w/ Dreamboard!

OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)-img_0038.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fold93 View Post

Best regards

First... Thanks!

I agree with quasar completely.. Emailed the Dev a few times and never get an answer back.

Not many Devs out there like me I guess.. Lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    First... Thanks!

I agree with quasar completely.. Emailed the Dev a few times and never get an answer back.

Not many Devs out there like me I guess.. Lol
    did you see my PM?