+ Reply
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by scarflaire In regards to rotation, Frank. I believe he wanted a 180 rotation so that it's still landscape but the other way around. The functionality would remain
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarflaire View Post
    In regards to rotation, Frank. I believe he wanted a 180 rotation so that it's still landscape but the other way around. The functionality would remain the same.

In normal smart covers I wouldn't recommend using the iPad in this orientation anyways because a hard tap could cause your iPad to fall over if you're not careful, but this is something you could look into doing.
    Oh I see. I will look into that then. I may be able to work that in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    I believe they're the same directory, and one is an alias, or something like that.
    Do you know if that is suppose to be installed in both directories or is it an error in dreamboard that puts it only in one directory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Do you know if that is suppose to be installed in both directories or is it an error in dreamboard that puts it only in one directory.
    The directory located in the root is a symbolic link, which is kind of like a shortcut link to the actual directory. Therefore it should reside in both.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (08-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    The directory located in the root is a symbolic link, which is kind of like a shortcut link to the actual directory. Therefore it should reside in both.

So something happened when it was being installed. Thanks for the clarification bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    So something happened when it was being installed. Thanks for the clarification bro
    You got it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (08-05-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 665 Posts

I bought this theme. It is a true work of art. Is there a way to put folders and/ or apps on the "homescreen"?

Hmm, a small issue I cant leave the finder folder open at all times. If I open an app, the close it I go back to clean screen with finder folder closed. Is there no way to leave it open at all times like in the screenshot.

Ok here is how I leave my homescreen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344119468.314591.jpg  
    Last edited by nealh; 08-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    I bought this theme. It is a true work of art. Is there a way to put folders and/ or apps on the "homescreen"?

Hmm, a small issue I cant leave the finder folder open at all times. If I open an app, the close it I go back to clean screen with finder folder closed. Is there no way to leave it open at all times like in the screenshot.

Ok here is how I leave my homescreen.
    I havent decided whether its needed or not to have apps on the home screen, and I coded the Finder Window to close after opening an app to free up RAM.

Version 1.3 released tonight with a 180 degree rotation function for those with smart covers.
    After updating, the function is located at Finderbar > View > Flip Rotation

Update right in the theme through the Software Update panel in System Preferences.
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-04-2012 at 11:03 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (08-05-2012), nealh (08-05-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Version 1.3 released tonight with a 180 degree rotation function for those with smart covers.

Update right in the theme through the Software Update panel in System Preferences.
    Great stuff. Thanks..theme is awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just purchased. Thanks for all your work. Great theme. Currently taking it all in.

Quick question... I can't seem to be able to access SBSettings. I see it in the menu bar, but clicking it doesn't open the app.

Also looking forward to the possibility of Quasar compatibility.

Thanks

I think I've purchased every one of your themes... and they keep getting better and better. Just an FYI, in my spare time I work as an Apple MSC on-base, and mirroring my screen onto our display with your theme running bumped iPad sales like crazy. Hilarious, as they were disappointed to turn on their iPads, only to be greeted with the stock screen.

Not to worry - I directed them all to the necessary jailbreak/repo/Theme Outlet instructions.

Quick question: is there going to be an update to make all of the UI/text retina-clear? The info I inputted is extremely clear, but others look a bit blurry. (note the difference in the font in the Finder bar)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344160722.105944.jpg  
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

nealh (08-05-2012), thefinga (08-05-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I havent decided whether its needed or not to have apps on the home screen, and I coded the Finder Window to close after opening an app to free up RAM.

Does leaving the finder window use that much ram? I would love the option to leave itopen if that is even a consideration.

FYI, the updating via Finder bar was so cool and seamless. There are no words to express howslick this theme is. Wow!!!

Thanks for the rotation option, that is really appreciated. Thank you for taking into consideration the uses needs, excellent service and a perfrect theme. THANK YOU

One more thing, any chance the icons on the dock could be largere on the iPad3? they are kinda small.LOL

will updating to 1.3 overwrite my current setup?
    Last edited by nealh; 08-05-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,170 Posts

Thank you so much for the rotation option. Man that was quick. Most themers say it's too much work to implement. You rock man. For those that do not know, the tweak Mountaincenter really completes this theme, it adds a cool notification center like the new mountain lion os. Can't wait for future retina images. [URL=""

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-05-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What does mountaincenter tweak do?

Thanks

It basically changes the position of the NC. U can swipe to from the right to left to activate it. That's it. It just makes it more like the NC for Mountain Lion.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 344 Posts

Isit just me that the rotation is not working for. I'm on 1.3.1. I can see it in the menu, but not doing anything when I'm clicking.

Also +1 for making the dock and icons just a bit bigger.
    Twitter: @reecouk

Thanks

Rotation is working beautifully for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Reinstalled again. All working now :-)
    Twitter: @reecouk

Thanks
    Thanked 15,240 Times in 3,719 Posts

Frank, rotation works beautifully thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Does leaving the finder window use that much ram? I would love the option to leave itopen if that is even a consideration.

FYI, the updating via Finder bar was so cool and seamless. There are no words to express howslick this theme is. Wow!!!

Thanks for the rotation option, that is really appreciated. Thank you for taking into consideration the uses needs, excellent service and a perfrect theme. THANK YOU

One more thing, any chance the icons on the dock could be largere on the iPad3? they are kinda small.LOL

will updating to 1.3 overwrite my current setup?
    No problem! Happy to include any option I can for everyone.

As far as the dock, unfortunately that can be "resized" or made to change size with a function either. The coding is far too complicated to work that in. But as always, if I ever get an idea I will explore it and try it out.

If you update your version, your settings WILL be cleared. Thats the only way to bring in new functionality in the code.

Thank you so much for the rotation option. Man that was quick. Most themers say it's too much work to implement. You rock man. For those that do not know, the tweak Mountaincenter really completes this theme, it adds a cool notification center like the new mountain lion os. Can't wait for future retina images. [URL=""
    Your very welcome man!! Like I said before, I plan on concentrating completely on this theme to consistently keep it fresh with new options and functions.

I TOTALLY agree with the Mountain Lion Notification tweak. Its awesome. I've been contemplating whether or not to add a "Suggested software" section either in the theme or in the install/tutorial process for cool tweaks like this.

I will also start optimizing the graphics that aren't retina ready yet tonight and through the week. Should have another update this week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Frank, rotation works beautifully thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by reeco View Post
    Reinstalled again. All working now :-)
    Your very welcome guys!!!

For some reason some people were having problems with rotation not being selectable, but either a respring (which your suppose to do after the update anyway) or a fresh install fixed the issue.
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

nealh (08-05-2012)