+ Reply
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi Finga, Definitely had Dreamboard installed before updating as I was running the previous version of OSX HD Pad. Let me explain the 'blank springboard' a little better. Press Dreamboard
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi Finga,

Definitely had Dreamboard installed before updating as I was running the previous version of OSX HD Pad.

Let me explain the 'blank springboard' a little better.

Press Dreamboard icon and the screen shrinks to show the themes installed (for me I had your previous version & the Mountain Lion ipad theme) plus the 'default theme' (main springboard).
    Press your theme, get message says preparing theme and then I'm in to your latest creation. If I then go to the Dreamboard app (as per Bryman187), the screen zooms out and NORMALLY I'm presented with the 3 theme screens, press default and I'm back to the main springboard. BUT for some reason, when it zooms out now, your preview screen disappears and the other 2 are not showing, so I'm left with a blank springboard (out of Dreamboard but no icons showing at all). I have to resorting to get back to your lock screen and then when I press the circle in the middle, instead of going into your theme, I go back to a blank springboard.
    It's as if I'm in the preview switcher, but the previews do not show.
    Reinstalling Dreamboard works for a couple of theme switching, then they disappear again.
    Hope that is a better explanation.

Cheers for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by Bryman187 View Post
    Good to know(regarding the "Concept Inspired" version). As for the blank springboard, I think I may be experiencing something similar to what misterjrw is. If I try to exit the theme via the trash can for example, I will gat a blank screen with only the springboard wallpaper and the regular statusbar at the top, no Dreamboard theme dashboard(place where you select a theme or select regular iOS springboard) I have to respring and open the Dreamboard app from within the theme. The only way to switch between themes is by opening the Dreamboard app directly.
    Spot on Bryman187

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    As far as the status bar goes, in iOS 7, iOS changes the status bar text (dark to light - light to dark) based on your iOS designated wallpaper. So if you go into your iPad's settings and select the lightest (whitest) wallpaper, it will darken the status bar information. (remember, not the wallpapers in OS X Pad, the wallpapers in your actual iPad)
    I don't think that's how it works on the springboard. I just tried applying a solid bright white wallpaper through the settings app and all it did was give me a muddled gray wallpaper(due to the parallax effect I'm sure), but the springboard statusbar remains white.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 397 Posts

Good to know(regarding the "Concept Inspired" version). As for the blank springboard, I think I may be experiencing something similar to what misterjrw is. If I try to exit the theme via the trash can for example, I will gat a blank screen with only the springboard wallpaper and the regular statusbar at the top, no Dreamboard theme dashboard(place where you select a theme or select regular iOS springboard) I have to respring and open the Dreamboard app from within the theme. The only way to switch between themes is by opening the Dreamboard app directly.
    Shouldn't matter how you exit DreamBoard. They all execute the same bundleID. I think you may have some weird bug going on. I would uninstall the theme (from within Cydia) then DreamBoard.
    Then reinstall Dreamboard first, then the theme.
    That should fix it. If not, you most likely have another substrate (Cydia tweak) installed that is conflicting with DreamBoard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shouldn't matter how you exit DreamBoard. They all execute the same bundleID. I think you may have some weird bug going on. I would uninstall the theme (from within Cydia) then DreamBoard.
    Then reinstall Dreamboard first, then the theme.
    That should fix it. If not, you most likely have another substrate (Cydia tweak) installed that is conflicting with DreamBoard.
    You where absolutely rite(partially). It turns out it DOESN'T matter how you exit the theme to the Dreamboard theme selection area, the result is still the same. After lots of tinkering and testing I found I get the same result regardless. If I switch back and forth between OSX Pad 2.2 and any other theme a couple times, no matter how I exit the theme to the Dreamboard theme selection area I will still get the same blank springboard. This only happens when exiting OSX Pad V2.2. This is in fact the exact same issue that misterjrw reported so the issue seems unlikely to be a random substrate conflict unless we both happen to have the same one.

I have uploaded a video to help you understand: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hut7dyj9khulcgq/ssOPDymEuP
    Thanks for the help.

Any idea about the statusbar issue?(again, I tried setting a white wallpaper...no change in the statusbar text color).
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bryman187; 02-26-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks

You where absolutely rite(partially). It turns out it DOESN'T matter how you exit the theme to the Dreamboard theme selection area, the result is still the same. After lots of tinkering and testing I found I get the same result regardless. If I switch back and forth between OSX Pad 2.2 and any other theme a couple times, no matter how I exit the theme to the Dreamboard theme selection area I will still get the same blank springboard. This only happens when exiting OSX Pad V2.2. This is in fact the exact same issue that misterjrw reported so the issue seems unlikely to be a random substrate conflict unless we both happen to have the same one.

I have uploaded a video to help you understand: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hut7dyj9khulcgq/ssOPDymEuP
    Thanks for the help.

Any idea about the statusbar issue?(again, I tried setting a white wallpaper...no change in the statusbar text color).
    Thanks again.
    What device/firmware are you using?

Green Apple
    Thanks

What device/firmware are you using?
    Sorry, iPad Air/7.0.4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry, iPad Air/7.0.4
    Same as me, ipad air, 7.04

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterjrw View Post
    Same as me, ipad air, 7.04
    I have an iPad 2, 3 and Air also and haven't seen this issue yet. They all run DreamBoard perfect. I'll try to figure something out

Have you guys tried a complete uninstall of everything and a reinstall?? Not just uninstalling DreamBoard, FIRST uninstall the theme (from within Cydia) then, DreamBoard?
    Then reinstall DreamBoard first, then the theme?
    If another substrate is not installed, then this really should fix the issue. It's not the theme, it has to be some bug with how DreamBoard installed...
    Last edited by thefinga; 02-27-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an iPad 2, 3 and Air also and haven't seen this issue yet. They all run DreamBoard perfect. I'll try to figure something out

Have you guys tried a complete uninstall of everything and a reinstall?? Not just uninstalling DreamBoard, FIRST uninstall the theme (from within Cydia) then, DreamBoard?
    Then reinstall DreamBoard first, then the theme?
    If another substrate is not installed, then this really should fix the issue. It's not the theme, it has to be some bug with how DreamBoard installed...
    What are you doing to test the theme? It only happens if you exit 2.2 then enter a different theme(like 2.0/2.1 for example) then exit that theme and enter 2.2 again then re-exit 2.2 again. Sometimes you have to go back and forth between the themes several times to produce the issue and it only happens when exiting 2.2. I can exit any other theme 100 times in a row with no issue and the problem didn't start until after I installed 2.2. Tonight I will try the uninstall/reinstall process the way you described and after that I will start disabling substrate addons one at a time until everything is disabled. At that point we'll know with 100% certainty weather it's the theme or not.

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by Bryman187; 02-27-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

What are you doing to test the theme? It only happens if you exit 2.2 then enter a different theme(like 2.0/2.1 for example) then exit that theme and enter 2.2 again then re-exit 2.2 again. Sometimes you have to go back and forth between the themes several times to produce the issue and it only happens when exiting 2.2. I can exit any other theme 100 times in a row with no issue and the problem didn't start until after I installed 2.2. Tonight I will try the uninstall/reinstall process the way you described and after that I will start disabling substrate addons one at a time until everything is disabled. At that point we'll know with 100% certainty weather it's the theme or not.

Thanks again for the help
    I was JUST able to duplicate this issue on my iPad Air. Its definitely a DreamBoard bug with the newer 64 bit devices. I am not able to duplicate it at all on any other device (32bit)

I will report it to Wynd on the DreamBoard GitHub page.

In the meantime, I was easily able to fix the issue without having to uninstall anything. Just do a hard-boot (hold Home and Sleep together until the device reboots) Everything returns to normal.

Hopefully Wynd can get this fixed ASAP.

EDIT....

Was also just able to replicate this on my iPad 3. hmmm.. now I'm stumped. It has to be a DreamBoard Bug??.. Theres nothing with OS X Pad that would cause this..

....Still testing...Gonna try a few things.. Be right back
    Last edited by thefinga; 02-27-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was JUST able to duplicate this issue on my iPad Air. Its definitely a DreamBoard bug with the newer 64 bit devices. I am not able to duplicate it at all on any other device (32bit)

I will report it to Wynd on the DreamBoard GitHub page.

In the meantime, I was easily able to fix the issue without having to uninstall anything. Just do a hard-boot (hold Home and Sleep together until the device reboots) Everything returns to normal.

Hopefully Wynd can get this fixed ASAP.
    Well, given the symptoms, it definitely makes sense that it's a DreamBoard issue, but it's still very odd that it only seems to be affecting the new 2.2 update. As for the quick fix, rebooting/hard rebooting isn't necessary. A simple respring via an activator listener or CC utilities type tweak will do the trick.

Thanks for looking in to it

EDIT....

Was also just able to replicate this on my iPad 3. hmmm.. now I'm stumped. It has to be a DreamBoard Bug??.. Theres nothing with OS X Pad that would cause this..

....Still testing...Gonna try a few things.. Be right back
    Are you finding that it's only happening when exiting 2.2 or other themes as we'll? I've only been able to get it to happen on the new 2.2 update, that's the only thing that makes me hesitant to attribute it to DreamBoard. Seems like if it was DreamBoard the glitch would happen indiscriminately when exiting any theme. Possibly a small line of code that got altered accidentally in 2.2?
    Last edited by Bryman187; 02-27-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks

Well, given the symptoms, it definitely makes sense that it's a DreamBoard issue, but it's still very odd that it only seems to be affecting the new 2.2 update. As for the quick fix, rebooting/hard rebooting isn't necessary. A simple respring via an activator listener or CC utilities type tweak will do the trick.

Thanks for looking in to it
    Gonna test a few things, but it MIGHT be my theme. I messed up a few things with the theme's preview pic (theme switcher preview pic)... gonna try fixing it. Be back

Gonna test a few things, but it MIGHT be my theme. I messed up a few things with the theme's preview pic (theme switcher preview pic)... gonna try fixing it. Be back
    Fixed it. It WAS the Preview Pic. I was using a .jpg (i renamed it to a .png) instead of exporting it as a .png originally. I noticed something was weird with it on my iPad 3 it wasn't zooming in and out smoothly; it was jumping a bit. On iPad Air you can't notice it because the iPad Air is just so fast.

I will be releasing 2.3 HOPEFULLY soon (before i leave for work)

Changes on 2.3:

- Added an alert message when clicking the trash or the log out button in the finderbar (leaving DreamBoard)
    - Made some changes on how the various areas go into "Edit Mode" (show/hide editable areas so as not to see all the edit placeholders in the theme)
    - Added option to make the all app search (finderbar search icon) function styled like Launchpad OR OS X Pad's popup
    - Fixed Preview Pic Bug.
    - Few other graphic updates

- Maybe a few more wallpapers too
    Last edited by thefinga; 02-27-2014 at 09:18 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (02-27-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fixed it. It WAS the Preview Pic. I was using a .jpg (i renamed it to a .png) instead of exporting it as a .png originally. I noticed something was weird with it on my iPad 3 it wasn't zooming in and out smoothly; it was jumping a bit. On iPad Air you can't notice it because the iPad Air is just so fast.

I will be releasing 2.3 HOPEFULLY soon (before i leave for work)

Changes on 2.3:

- Added an alert message when clicking the trash or the log out button in the finderbar (leaving DreamBoard)
    - Made some changes on how the various areas go into "Edit Mode" (show/hide editable areas so as not to see all the edit placeholders in the theme)
    - Added option to make the all app search (finderbar search icon) function styled like Launchpad OR OS X Pad's popup
    - Fixed Preview Pic Bug.
    - Few other graphic updates

- Maybe a few more wallpapers too
    Excellent! Glad to hear you figured it out.

Not to sound ungrateful for resolving the last issue, but did you get a chance to look in to how to change the white statusbar text?

Thanks

Excellent! Glad to hear you figured it out.

Not to sound ungrateful for resolving the last issue, but did you get a chance to look in to how to change the white statusbar text?
    go into ipad wallpaper and choose the Stills section then choose the white hexagon wallpaper. You need to apply it to both lockscreen and home

I'm telling you, it works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

go into ipad wallpaper and choose the Stills section then choose the white hexagon wallpaper. You need to apply it to both lockscreen and home

I'm telling you, it works.
    Just tried it again on my iPhone 5. It just does this:
    image.jpg
    Should I expect a different result from my iPad for some reason?

Edit

I haven't had a chance to try it on my iPad yet so I've just been trying what you said on my iPhone, but after looking in to it a bit, I'm realizing that there is something wrong with the way my iPhone is currently applying wallpapers. For som reason they are all being applied with a really dark tint over them which is most likely what's preventing the statusbar info from changing colors. I'll definitely give it a try on the iPad when I get home. In the mean time I'll have to try and figure out what's going on with my phone.
    Last edited by Bryman187; 02-27-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks

Just tried it again on my iPhone 5. It just does this:
    Attachment 659392
    Should I expect a different result from my iPad for some reason?

Edit

I haven't had a chance to try it on my iPad yet so I've just been trying what you said on my iPhone, but after looking in to it a bit, I'm realizing that there is something wrong with the way my iPhone is currently applying wallpapers. For som reason they are all being applied with a really dark tint over them which is most likely what's preventing the statusbar info from changing colors. I'll definitely give it a try on the iPad when I get home. In the mean time I'll have to try and figure out what's going on with my phone.
    lol. ya, not sure about the iphone, but i know the ipad does it

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol. ya, not sure about the iphone, but i know the ipad does it
    Got it! My bad. I have the tweak "Eclipse" installed and it has a toggle in the settings panel called "Darken Wallpapers"...what a dumbass!!

Thanks

Got it! My bad. I have the tweak "Eclipse" installed and it has a toggle in the settings panel called "Darken Wallpapers"...what a dumbass!!
    lol

Update (2.3) released!

Changes:
    Version 2.3
    2-27-14
    >FIX – Fixed Preview Pic Bug. (leaving dreamboard would result in theme switcher becoming blank and needing a respring)
    >NEW – Added option to make the all app search (finderbar search icon) function styled like Launchpad OR OS X Pad’s popup
    >NEW – Added an alert message when clicking the trash or the log out button in the finderbar (leaving DreamBoard)
    >UPDATE – Made some changes on how the various areas go into “Edit Mode” (show/hide editable areas so as not to see all the edit placeholders in the theme)
    >UPDATE – Few other graphic updates
    Last edited by thefinga; 02-27-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol

Update (2.3) released!

Changes:
    Version 2.3
    2-27-14
    >FIX – Fixed Preview Pic Bug. (leaving dreamboard would result in theme switcher becoming blank and needing a respring)
    >NEW – Added option to make the all app search (finderbar search icon) function styled like Launchpad OR OS X Pad’s popup
    >NEW – Added an alert message when clicking the trash or the log out button in the finderbar (leaving DreamBoard)
    >UPDATE – Made some changes on how the various areas go into “Edit Mode” (show/hide editable areas so as not to see all the edit placeholders in the theme)
    >UPDATE – Few other graphic updates
    Will I be able do download the update on my own now? For 2.2 you had to manually put the update on my account.

Thanks

Will I be able do download the update on my own now? For 2.2 you had to manually put the update on my account.
    Yes. The downloads in your account will always reflect the newest version.