+ Reply
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by thefinga ALL excellent points, and a larger dock IS on the way. For now though, MOST will be very happy to hear that progress on CUSTOM folders
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    ALL excellent points, and a larger dock IS on the way.

For now though, MOST will be very happy to hear that progress on CUSTOM folders and apps on the desktop is going great! I think I have a execution method that will work great and the custom folders can be named anything YOU want; via SQLlite alerts.

Here's a snippit of the progress so far:

Attachment 608523

I really really love the feel and look this gives! I'm happy i listened to the few that requested it and am implementing it. great ideas guys!! Keep em coming!
    Awesome! Can't wait for the update....
    Suggestion - can you default the Icon Folders / Apps to the right side to make the feel of OSX Desktop. Just my 2 cents....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to antdzn For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antdzn View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait for the update....
    Suggestion - can you default the Icon Folders / Apps to the right side to make the feel of OSX Desktop. Just my 2 cents....
    Done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

antdzn (08-26-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Also to make the desktop icons smaller (like 60% or something) but not crucial, just my two cents as well. You're doing a great job and this is my favorite/the best OS X theme.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Magellan14 For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-26-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just thought I'd say thanks for the iPad 1 version, will the iPad 1 keep getting the updates too?

Thanks for all your hard work in creating these themes. :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to markfern811 For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markfern811 View Post
    Just thought I'd say thanks for the iPad 1 version, will the iPad 1 keep getting the updates too?

Thanks for all your hard work in creating these themes. :-)
    As long as the iPad 1 can handle the updates, that version will continue to get them as well.

And THANK YOU for the support guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan14 View Post
    Also to make the desktop icons smaller (like 60% or something) but not crucial, just my two cents as well. You're doing a great job and this is my favorite/the best OS X theme.
    See the screen shot I posted like a page back. that will show you the size the icons will be. They are definitely perfect. Not TOO small, but also not obtrusive to the desktop.
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-26-2012 at 12:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very quiet around here. I think it's time to release the new version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
    Very quiet around here. I think it's time to release the new version.
    Lol
    I'm still working hard on it. Trying to get it JUST right.
    I also fixed the Frame aspect of the finder window and system preferences window so they are NOT unresponsive in certain positions.

The folders/apps on the desktop are coming along awesome!! Should be definitely done by the weekend.

As always, it will be worth the wait!! 2.0 is going to be great!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

Thank u so much for all your hard work. U have been one of the most gracious themers here, specifically when it comes to responding to request for new features. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Thank u so much for all your hard work. U have been one of the most gracious themers here, specifically when it comes to responding to request for new features. I truly appreciate it.
    Thanks guys!!.. And spread the word! This theme should be on every jailbroken iPad around the world!!
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-28-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,735 Times in 4,447 Posts

Just bought that masterpiece....simply stunning....is there any LS that works well with this theme?

....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-29-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Until this one I had been completely underwhelmed with every single theme I had ever seen. Your theme changed that for me. I never even would have given it a chance had it not been for this thread. I have almost never seen a developer respond and interact with his customers as well as you do and that made me want to give you my money. You are seriously undercharging for this theme, but I think it is really cool that you are underpricing it so more people can get it. Very cool move!

I just tried to load my own wallpaper following the instructions, but I am running into a crash every time I go to "change wallpaper".

17. The Following User Says Thank You to raos For This Useful Post:

thefinga (08-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raos View Post
    Until this one I had been completely underwhelmed with every single theme I had ever seen. Your theme changed that for me. I never even would have given it a chance had it not been for this thread. I have almost never seen a developer respond and interact with his customers as well as you do and that made me want to give you my money. You are seriously undercharging for this theme, but I think it is really cool that you are underpricing it so more people can get it. Very cool move!

I just tried to load my own wallpaper following the instructions, but I am running into a crash every time I go to "change wallpaper".
    I appreciate the compliments!! Thanks!

As for your problem, email me at [email protected] so I can better help you. I'm not sure what it could be, but just SELECTING "change wallpaper" from the Edit menu should not give you any issues..... Do you mean when you actually select YOUR wallpaper you've added to the folder?

Desktop Folders/Apps Preview (version 2.0)

Hopefully coming by the end of the weekend

Also coming in version 2.0:
    - Slightly larger Dock
    - The glitch with Finder and System Preferences not being responsive in certain placements on the desktop - fixed.
    - Full screen all apps dropdown from the finderbar (as shown in the beginning of the Vid)
    - And possibly more
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-29-2012 at 10:26 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

antdzn (08-29-2012), mtnguy321 (08-30-2012), nik1975 (08-31-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Desktop Folders/Apps Preview (version 2.0)

Hopefully coming by the end of the weekend

Also coming in version 2.0:
    - Slightly larger Dock
    - The glitch with Finder and System Preferences not being responsive in certain placements on the desktop - fixed.
    - Full screen all apps dropdown from the finderbar (as shown in the beginning of the Vid)
    - And possibly more
    Speechless...................nicely done!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antdzn View Post
    Speechless...................nicely done!
    It looks incredible. I can't hardly wait.

With so many variarions, it will make you think twice to update to a new version, and remake all the adjustments.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for such a quick response! I was able to figure out the issue. The image I was using was way too big (almost 10MB). Once I made it smaller it worked perfectly. Here is what my desktop looks like now. I showed a friend your theme and he told me that just when Apple is trying to make the desktop experience more like the mobile experience I add a theme that makes my mobile experience more like the desktop. I thought that was pretty funny.

OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)-photo.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raos View Post
    Thanks for such a quick response! I was able to figure out the issue. The image I was using was way too big (almost 10MB). Once I made it smaller it worked perfectly. Here is what my desktop looks like now. I showed a friend your theme and he told me that just when Apple is trying to make the desktop experience more like the mobile experience I add a theme that makes my mobile experience more like the desktop. I thought that was pretty funny.

Attachment 609130
    Ya... 10 Megs is a bit much for Dreamboard!!.. Lol

Version 2 is going to bring a lot of great updates!! I'm psyched to release it! You guys are gonna love it!

Thanks

When are you going to release the update can't wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    When are you going to release the update can't wait.
    It's taking me MUCH longer to get just the desktop folders/apps function PERFECT. I'm almost completely satisfied with the functionality. But until its PERFECT, i don't want to move on to the other few things I need to get done to release it.

I've already rebuilt the functionality from top to bottom 3 times now... lol... But i'm happy with it now.

Afterwards, all I have left to do is redesign the dock (which will take a while) to make it and the icons slightly larger.
    And I also have plans for a complete Help/Troubleshooting interface (much like the Mac) that I can control and add to from the internet.

THEN.... I can release

I was aiming for this weekend, but not sure if I can pull that off now. If not, I can almost guarantee by or before next weekend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's taking me MUCH longer to get just the desktop folders/apps function PERFECT. I'm almost completely satisfied with the functionality. But until its PERFECT, i don't want to move on to the other few things I need to get done to release it.

I've already rebuilt the functionality from top to bottom 3 times now... lol... But i'm happy with it now.

Afterwards, all I have left to do is redesign the dock (which will take a while) to make it and the icons slightly larger.
    And I also have plans for a complete Help/Troubleshooting interface (much like the Mac) that I can control and add to from the internet.

THEN.... I can release

I was aiming for this weekend, but not sure if I can pull that off now. If not, I can almost guarantee by or before next weekend.

Forget the dock, please release a preview version. It't not fair to wait for some "enhancement" that I didn't ask for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
    Forget the dock, please release a preview version. It't not fair to wait for some "enhancement" that I didn't ask for.

lol