+ Reply
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by AAShepAA If this gets posted 2x - my apologies. I just posted, but it seems to have gotten lost: BTW this theme is amazing! If I might
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AAShepAA View Post
    If this gets posted 2x - my apologies. I just posted, but it seems to have gotten lost:

BTW this theme is amazing! If I might ask, "How to you delete apps?"

Thanks,
    Shep
    churchnerd.org

You can delete apps from within the stock settings app.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,275 Posts

If anyone is interested there is a new free tweak called Missionboard. It is another iOS taskswitcher that works well with setting the activation as a slide up gesture. I know dreamboard and stock iOS taskswitcher don't play nice together so y'all should check it out. Using it now and it's pretty cool.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    If anyone is interested there is a new free tweak called Missionboard. It is another iOS taskswitcher that works well with setting the activation as a slide up gesture. I know dreamboard and stock iOS taskswitcher don't play nice together so y'all should check it out. Using it now and it's pretty cool.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 397 Posts

Awesome.. Gonna check that out tonight. Always looking for great tweaks to go with this theme.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,275 Posts

Let me know what u think of the tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    Very very low

Thanks man!! I saw that the other day too. There's actually a bunch of sites featuring it. It's nice to finally be noticed on the web for all the hard work.
    It's had over 2000 downloads/purchases so far. It's doing real well and I have a lot of new features/functions planned. It will never leave my iPad. Its almost perfect.
    AGREED!!! You have done an amazing job with this!! I still cannot believe how well this runs on the iPad 1. Big thumbs up to you bro!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    AGREED!!! You have done an amazing job with this!! I still cannot believe how well this runs on the iPad 1. Big thumbs up to you bro!!
    Thanks man! And thanks for the help the last 2 days troubleshooting the iPad1 issue with me!

I found the issue with OS X Pad HD that was causing iPad1's to crash. I will be fixing the issue over the next few days and will release a new (separate) build for iPad1 soon.

Let me know what u think of the tweak.
    I gotta say, I wasn't a fan. Theres no way to "remove" running apps from it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Thanks

Thanks man! And thanks for the help the last 2 days troubleshooting the iPad1 issue with me!

I found the issue with OS X Pad HD that was causing iPad1's to crash. I will be fixing the issue over the next few days and will release a new (separate) build for iPad1 soon.
    Anytime bro! I am here anytime you need me!

I love your work and will help anyway I can!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thefinga, I found a glitch on the theme. If you open the Finder window and for any reason you move the window to the top of the screen, there's no way to close the window. Every button works as they should, only the close button doesn't. You have to exit the theme to be able to get rid of the open window.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
    Thefinga, I found a glitch on the theme. If you open the Finder window and for any reason you move the window to the top of the screen, there's no way to close the window. Every button works as they should, only the close button doesn't. You have to exit the theme to be able to get rid of the open window.
    I just tested this, the same thing happens to me, however I found that if you grab the bottom of the window you can move it back down to close without having to exit the theme

Thanks

Yes. I knew about this. It's the placement of the view within its frame. It's the reason you get that free movement feel with the window.
    I may just make all the windows permanently still. There's really no reason to have them move anyways

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. I knew about this. It's the placement of the view within its frame. It's the reason you get that free movement feel with the window.
    I may just make all the windows permanently still. There's really no reason to have them move anyways
    Thank you. And now, a question that hasn't been asked for a few days: Are you going to include animated weather graphics? Forget about widgets, but having the animations can possibly make for a livelier theme.

Thanks

Thank you. And now, a question that hasn't been asked for a few days: Are you going to include animated weather graphics? Forget about widgets, but having the animations can possibly make for a livelier theme.
    Yes. I will most definately be adding the Option of turning on weather animations in a future update.

For right now, my plans are(in order):
    - Get a separate stable version finished for ipad1 users (expected tonight or tomorrow)
    - Update 2.0 will bring a slightly larger dock and apps/custom folders on the desktop (hope to get this done by NEXT weekend)
    - Update 2.1 will bring animated weather options and possibly another function or 2

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes. I will most definately be adding the Option of turning on weather animations in a future update.

- Get a separate stable version finished for ipad1 users (expected tonight or tomorrow)
    - Update 2.0 will bring a slightly larger dock and apps/custom folders on the desktop (hope to get this done by NEXT weekend)
    - Update 2.1 will bring animated weather options and possibly another function or 2
    Thanks! You have the best theme forsure! One thing to please keep in mind when adding functionality for icons and folders on the desktop is space the icons and folders out so they look like they are on a Mac desktop and not IOS (in other words dont space them out a lot) as well as size them accordingly - maybe 60% rather than 100%. Also, please make the folder icons like the mac folder icons! I cant believe how amazing your theme is and will be.

Oh, and can you make it so your status bar shows when we are in apps rather than the IOS status bar? (I think another Mac OS X theme has this feature)

We are trying to make it look as much like a mac desktop as possible. Do we really need animated weather that will just use more RAM? I understand it is a cool eye candy
    Last edited by Magellan14; 08-23-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan14 View Post
    Thanks! You have the best theme forsure! One thing to please keep in mind when adding functionality for icons and folders on the desktop is space the icons and folders out so they look like they are on a Mac desktop and not IOS (in other words dont space them out a lot). Also, please make the folder icons like the mac folder icons! I cant believe how amazing your theme is and will be.

Oh, and can you make it so your status bar shows when we are in apps rather than the IOS status bar? (I think another Mac OS X theme has this feature)

We are trying to make it look as much like a mac desktop as possible. Do we really need animated weather that will just use more RAM? I understand it is a cool eye candy

The animated weather will be implemented as an 'Option', so of its not something you don't want to see, you won't.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hate to keep requesting features but with all the Mac themes being released and the competition, I think the installment of launchpad and dashboard in a future update is crucial

Thanks

I hate to keep requesting features but with all the Mac themes being released and the competition, I think the installment of launchpad and dashboard in a future update is crucial
    Ya... Maybe.. Dashboard (Widgets) are kind of pointless though, no?

Also, instead of Launchpad, I made an 'all apps' dropdown from the search icon in the finder bar. I though it looked nicer than a launchpad.
    What if I make the all apps dropdown MUCH bigger? Like 10 icons wide? so, sort of like a launchpad, but much nicer looking??

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Thanks

Well bro you are all done with step one so go get started on that weather!! Lol kidding bro

But seriously bro this custom "SD" version for the iPad 1 is really great, since I've tested both I can say that you did not take much away from the smoothness and beauty. It still looks amazing! No real differences except this runs smoother of course so very well done in that aspect of it.

Well get ready everyone, here comes the exclusive iPad 1 version for all of us that do not have the 2 or 3 to enjoy!! I really love that he has done this. I still use my iPad a lot and have had no reason to pay another $600 for the new ones so it is really great of Frank to hook us up. So make sure to head over to the theme outlet and get this bad boy for your 1. I promise you will not regret it. He has really done an amazing job, as always, with this and you know you will get great support here!!

Frank you are great, keep it up bro!!!

So sorry, but there is NO competition to this theme!! Period!! this is one of a kind and you will not find the "quality" that you get here. Frank as set the bar too high.

Also remember this is a beta, there aren't betas like this. This is a one of a kind and will grow as such!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)-photo-aug-23-11-49-51-pm.png  
    Last edited by Moose0704; 08-23-2012 at 11:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockscreen
    Thought I'd modify the lockscreen because the icons were blurry. Go ahead and download this if you like it guys

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

**Double post
    Last edited by mk1311; 09-05-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Double post.