Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Pad HD (by Fnet Designs)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 407 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    Just curious what the ram usage of this theme is. Anyone have an estimate?
    Very very low

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
    Hello thefinga,

Your theme was featured on lifehacker.com apps of the week. I hope income keep coming for your great theme.

OS X Pad HD Turns Your iPad into a Mac Tablet
    Thanks man!! I saw that the other day too. There's actually a bunch of sites featuring it. It's nice to finally be noticed on the web for all the hard work.
    It's had over 2000 downloads/purchases so far. It's doing real well and I have a lot of new features/functions planned. It will never leave my iPad. Its almost perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan14 View Post
    The new account icon is a little weird in my opinion. Is it hard to add the ability to choose your account pic. However, great job with the theme so far, its amazing. (You can definitely tell the lock screen's retina in the update on an iPad 3.)
    Ya, the lock screen can't have functions execute based on variables, so there's no way or me to give others the option for picking the user pick there.
    I really liked the artistic feel of that wallpaper so I used it to make the user pic/unlock on the lockscreen.

I may/may not change it. I agree it SHOULD be something more neutral that most people will like.
    Last edited by thefinga; 08-19-2012 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    I want to add new functionality first. I CAN make the dock icons bigger, it's just going to take a lot of work. I will probably do it in a future update soon
    I understand this but please keep in mind multiple uses have requested this. So it is as important to us as new features.

I have stopped using the theme because the dock icons are too small. I have to look and use the dock with greatest frequency.

I love the theme but too me the usability is affected by this issue. Thanks and take care.

Default Thank you
    I want to add new functionality first. I CAN make the dock icons bigger, it's just going to take a lot of work. I will probably do it in a future update soon
    Thank you for being that develop that truly listents to the responses and takes them intto consdieration! i look forward to the furture upadtes

Gotta say I think this the best OS X Theme at the moment and I am glad I donated by buying the theme. But..... I have to agree with others, I can't use it with the small dock, eyesight's gone I'm afraid.

I have to be on the side of thefinga about the size of the dock icons. Yes, they are very small, compared to a normal size icon on the iPad, but aesthetically it looks very fine. About the same proportions of a Mac desktop on a tipical screen. The only problem I have is touching the trash can icon when I try to use the quicklaunch button, but that's a minor issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
    I have to be on the side of thefinga about the size of the dock icons. Yes, they are very small, compared to a normal size icon on the iPad, but aesthetically it looks very fine. About the same proportions of a Mac desktop on a tipical screen. The only problem I have is touching the trash can icon when I try to use the quicklaunch button, but that's a minor issue.
    Not the case... Macs default to a dock that takes about 80% of the width of the screen.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by followthesapper View Post
    Gotta say I think this the best OS X Theme at the moment and I am glad I donated by buying the theme. But..... I have to agree with others, I can't use it with the small dock, eyesight's gone I'm afraid.
    There has been a substantial amount of requests to make the dock/icons a bit bigger, so after the update I'm working on now (apps, folders with custom naming on the desktop) that I will slightly enlarge the dock and icons.

Just to clear a few things up, I'm sure some wonder why I made the dock and icons slightly smaller than the other icons in the theme. The reasons were;
    one, I actually like them a bit smaller. It looks better aspect wise with the rest of the assets of the theme.

Two, I was hoping by now that Quasar would be compatible with Dreamboard. With slightly smaller icons it leaves more real estate available for app windows to be open.

But I see the people have spoken.. Lol

I will get it done guys. It may take a little longer than a week after this next update, but it will get one.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012), mtnguy321 (08-22-2012)

Love the theme just 1 thing is their anyway to get the magnification effect on the dock like on my MacBook pro, I think your right with the dock but that effect would be great thanks.

Just upgraded to version 1.3.5 and I get a respring loop. I'm on iPad 1.

Tried reinstalling a few times and get the same results. Now back on 1.3.4 and all working fine again.

:-(

First.... THANK YOU everyone for the support!!

I've heard a few others have that problem too. No idea what the problem could be, as long as you have SB Settings installed, it should launch the bundleID.

Also, I want to mention that 1.3.5 just released tonight with:
    - completed Retina graphics
    - slightly new lockscreen (retina optimized)
    - slightly rebuilt install/tutorial process with a few more screens
    - a scrollable 'all apps' drop down menu for the magnifier icon on the finder bar.

Next update will add folders and apps on the desktop.
    Drop down menu for the magnifier icon doesn't work for me after updating to 1.3.5. HELP???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Not the case... Macs default to a dock that takes about 80% of the width of the screen.
    For me (iMac and Mac Mini) it defaults to about 70%

There has been a substantial amount of requests to make the dock/icons a bit bigger, so after the update I'm working on now (apps, folders with custom naming on the desktop) that I will slightly enlarge the dock and icons.

Just to clear a few things up, I'm sure some wonder why I made the dock and icons slightly smaller than the other icons in the theme. The reasons were;
    one, I actually like them a bit smaller. It looks better aspect wise with the rest of the assets of the theme.

I will get it done guys. It may take a little longer than a week after this next update, but it will get one.
    Thank you for listening to your customers. But for me, I prefer the small icons. So, if your going to make the icons bigger, please add the option to choose between small or large dock icons.

Also, as a suggestion, and I don't know if Dreamboard allows it, please make a dropdown list of apps when you press the search button, instead of a box. That way, you'll have more apps to choose when you click that button.

Thank you.
    Last edited by estuardo4; 08-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Two, I was hoping by now that Quasar would be compatible with Dreamboard. With slightly smaller icons it leaves more real estate available for app windows to be open.

But I see the people have spoken.. Lol

Quasar, wow excellent reason to make icons smaller. too bad the developer has no desire to expand his app!

Thank you very much.

Been running this for about a week -(with what little time I have had to play with it ).

You have done a great job on this! I want to do a review of it on my website - Merging Ministry and Technology[/url].

This is probably very obvious, but can't seem to find it. How do you delete apps?

Thanks,
    Shep

If this gets posted 2x - my apologies. I just posted, but it seems to have gotten lost:

BTW this theme is amazing! If I might ask, "How to you delete apps?"

Thanks,
    Shep
    churchnerd.org

You have to close dreamboard, delete the app then open dreamboard again

How do I remove this iPad Statusbar thing, while I'm using OS X PAD HD

Thanks

Unfortunately, having 2 "all app" grids in the theme has caused it to be too RAM intense for the iPad1. Therefore this will become an iPad2 and 3 theme only.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

Moose0704 (08-24-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by followthesapper View Post
    You have to close dreamboard, delete the app then open dreamboard again
    or use a third party app I use vShare

Quote Originally Posted by antdzn View Post
    Drop down menu for the magnifier icon doesn't work for me after updating to 1.3.5. HELP???!!!
    I thought it was just me, but looks like I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by chkenwing View Post
    I thought it was just me, but looks like I'm not alone.
    Mine is working already.

Sent PM to @thefinga and reply with this:

"Try a fresh install of the theme.
    Uninstall through Cydia, then reinstall through the theme outlet.
    Also, if your on an ipad1, the newest update will NOT work on your device. It's now only for 2 and 3"

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast