Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Black'UPS iPad

  1. #1
    Default Black'UPS Darkness iPad iOS 5 (Released)
    Check Updates at the end of the Post
    Hello everyone,

    I've been working on a port of the best iPad theme ever created which is Black'UPS by Jackie Tran. Since he stopped updating it for the iPad but continued on for the iPhone 4/4S on iOS 5 but I wanted it so much on my iPad 2 on iOS 5.

    Here are some screenshots:

    Homescreen with all Stock apps


    Many Custom App Icons specially adjusted for Black'UPS Port for iPad


    Appswitcher with Rotation and Mute Icons



    Folder Background and Belfry Icons


    But I'm facing 2 problems.
    The First is the glare/gloss that is on some of the AppStore icons like in the second screenshot(WhatsApp) which is ruining the look of the icons. FIXED
    The Second is, right now, I'm doing all of this for personal use and I haven't taken any approval or contact from Martin 'Jackie' Tran to approve distribution of this port.

    Update 1: I have completed the port entirely except for the gloss which I think am getting to the bottom of it, also, I have tweeted to Jackie Tran and waiting for a response. I have re-uploaded the screenshots in better quality.
    Update 2: The Glossy/Glared Icons problem is now gone, Still waiting for a reply from Jackie Tran
    Update 3: Updated Screenshots and some Icons made by me including: TweetBot, Trailers, Stitcher Radio, iDJ, Grand Theft Auto 3, TeamViewer Free and Cairo360
    Update 4: I have tweeted to Jackie Tran multiple times now with no reply and I have emailed him, still no reply, so right now this is going on a pause until I can reach him or he responds back because I can't distribute his work without his approval! I need your Opinion on this issue.
    Update 5: I'm currently in the process of submitting the package to ModMyi but it may take a few days till it pops on Cydia!
    Update 6: After my package was rejected here on Modmyi.com, I submitted it on Macciti and Zodttd's repo which is one of the community repos on Cydia so expect it sometime this week! Thanks everyone for the support
    Update 7: It's released on Macciti's repo, go ahead and download it and tell if there's any problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blackups.png  
    Last edited by 0mar32; 04-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0mar32 For This Useful Post:

    .:JimmyL:. (06-20-2012), cavman2004 (03-07-2012), nealh (04-22-2012)

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mar32 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I've been working on a port of the best iPad theme ever created which is Black'UPS by Jackie Tran. Since he stopped updating it for the iPad but continued on for the iPhone 4/4S on iOS 5 but I wanted it so much on my iPad 2 on iOS 5.

    Here are some screenshots:
    Attachment 570069 Attachment 570068

    But I'm facing 2 problems.
    The First is the glare/gloss that is on some of the AppStore icons like in the second screenshot(WhatsApp) which is ruining the look of the icons.
    The Second is, right now, I'm doing all of this for personal use and I haven't taken any approval or contact from Martin 'Jackie' Tran to approve distribution of this port.

    pls share the wallpaper. thanks.

  4. #3
    Looks good so far man. Hope you get the ok to put this out. We need more iPad themes.

  5. #4
    Update 2: The Glossy/Glared Icons problem is now gone, Still waiting for a reply from Jackie Tran
    Update 3: Updated Screenshots and some Icons made by me including: TweetBot, Trailers, Stitcher Radio, iDJ, Grand Theft Auto 3, TeamViewer Free and Cairo360(Check Original Post)

  6. #5
    Update 4: I have tweeted to Jackie Tran multiple times now with no reply and I have emailed him, still no reply, so right now this is going on a pause until I can reach him or he responds back because I can't distribute his work without his approval! I need your Opinion on this issue.

  7. #6
    Keep up the good work, keep us updated!

  8. #7
    I see Jackie released his iPad port of this on cydia today. So I guess that answers it.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cavman2004 View Post
    I see Jackie released his iPad port of this on cydia today. So I guess that answers it.
    His Port has many missing icons, the Videos icon is messed up, no Belfry Support and it doesn't have any appstore icons!

    I might release mine as a DLC or something to add some icons to the original, maybe ??

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mar32 View Post
    His Port has many missing icons, the Videos icon is messed up, no Belfry Support and it doesn't have any appstore icons!

    I might release mine as a DLC or something to add some icons to the original, maybe ??
    Yeah I noticed that. I've been getting a lot of icons from his icon website. Is there more UI in the original theme for iPhone? I noticed his is pretty much just icons and a wallpaper. Also would you be willing to post your wallpaper?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cavman2004 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. I've been getting a lot of icons from his icon website. Is there more UI in the original theme for iPhone? I noticed his is pretty much just icons and a wallpaper. Also would you be willing to post your wallpaper?
    Here's the wallpaper:

    For the icons I have here, I contacted him and asked him If I could submit it as a package on ZodTTD to be like an Extra or "DLC" and I'm still waiting for an answer.

  12. #11
    Thanks for the wallpaper. Im only missing a few icons now but I hope you get to post your extras.

  13. #12
    I'm currently in the process of submitting the package to ModMyi but it may take a few days till it pops on Cydia!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to 0mar32 For This Useful Post:

    cavman2004 (03-07-2012)

  15. #13
    Will this be updating the original in cydia or will it be a new listing?

  16. #14
    I believe it's going to be an add on.

  17. #15
    Any news about the add-on ?

  18. #16
    Update 6: After my package was rejected here on Modmyi.com, I submitted it on Macciti and Zodttd's repo which is one of the community repos on Cydia so expect it sometime this week! Thanks everyone for the support

  19. #17
    Update 7: It's released on Macciti's repo, go ahead and download it and tell if there's any problems.

  20. #18
    I'm having a problem with the theme, it absolutely will not skin the facebook app since the latest facebook update. I've tried reinstalling the theme, i've tried removing the facebook icon manually from the facebook app, i verified that they have the same icon name etc..in the info.plist file, but it will not skin the new facebook app, anyone else have this issue?

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabyte View Post
    I'm having a problem with the theme, it absolutely will not skin the facebook app since the latest facebook update. I've tried reinstalling the theme, i've tried removing the facebook icon manually from the facebook app, i verified that they have the same icon name etc..in the info.plist file, but it will not skin the new facebook app, anyone else have this issue?
    I'm sorry but since I lost my jailbreak I can't test or debug anything at the moment but please keep posting any bugs, problems you're having so when I can get my jailbreak I can test and fix!

  22. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does this support iOS 5.1.1 yet?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •