Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free!

36 67.92%
  • $1.99

17 32.08%
+ Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Okay, I think I'm the only one with this issue. Everything looks horrible. Not in a mean way, for some reason, all of my apps and icons and tiles are
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, I think I'm the only one with this issue.

Everything looks horrible.
    Not in a mean way, for some reason, all of my apps and icons and tiles are messed up.
    Example:
    I don't have final fantasy, real racing or infinity blade (I have purchased IB, but I deleted it for more space) yet the icons still show.
    And, there are LOADS of gaps and the icon changing (dreamboard edit mode) doesn't actually do anything.
    When I go to change the Infinity Blade icon (large tile) it changes it, sure. But it keeps the tile as it is and only let's me open the chosen app by clicking a small box in the bottom right corner of the tile.

Am I doing something wrong?...

I'm using your beta 7 version, got everything in the right place in dreamboard (I metro file) but it just doesn't work properly.
    Also, is the lock function meant to work? Because it doesn't for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cut the Rope Tiles in HD!
    ^^ iReece did you tap on the small cog in the settings tile, that might solve your problem of editing tiles, and by the way it's still under development so you will have to wait some time.

Oh and I made 3 Cut the rope edition tiles! Have Fun!

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-cut-rope-ex.jpg

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-cut-rope-holiday-gift.jpg

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-cut-rope.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

LogitechDude (08-09-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    ^^ iReece did you tap on the small cog in the settings tile, that might solve your problem of editing tiles, and by the way it's still under development so you will have to wait some time.

Oh and I made 3 Cut the rope edition tiles! Have Fun!

Attachment 578073

Attachment 578074

Attachment 578075
    Yep. That's just my issue. I click on the cog, it goes into edit mode, I click on the 'Final Fantasy' tile to change it, it changes but the tile image doesn't and the only way to launch the new app is to click on the small square on the bottom right corner... And the tiles that use 2x2 don't work at all sadly...

Will changing the permissions solve this?...

Thanks

You can't change large tiles yet... maybe in the next update you can

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    You can't change large tiles yet... maybe in the next update you can
    Oh.
    That's why!
    Stupid me. Thanks anyway. Guess I'll wait for the final release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    So, here's a question for everyone. What do YOU want to see as a Live Tile?

~Link
    I'd like to see the people tile live. If you could make it like the windows phone 7 live tile with all the people's faces, that would be awesome.

This is the best theme I've ever seen and it's not even finished!

Thanks

Happy Easter Guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-anormaly-warzone-earth-hd.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-battleheart.jpeg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-bb2.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-chaos-rings.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-dragon-hunter-ii.png   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-drawsome.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-galaxy-fire.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-gtaiii.jpg  

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-ironman-2.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-lane-splitter.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-mirrors-edge.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-spy-mouse.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-tiny-tower.png   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-tiny-wings.jpg   iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-zombieville-usa.jpg  
    Last edited by KernelPad; 04-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Love it!
    Hey guys,
    I just love this theme. I just had a few questions.

I tried to change the mail tile so it opens the gmail app. As Link said, i opened up theme.plist and changed up all the apple mail app identifiers to the gmail one (com.google.Gmail). Then i opened up imetro and it still opens up the stock mail app! So i changed all the stock mail identifiers in current.plist too and it still doesnt change to the gmail app. Is there anything i am doing wrong?

Also, i am seeing all these people posting up their amazing imetro screenshots and i am wondering, how did they change those large app tiles? I basically dont have some of those large tile apps so they eat up all the space on my screen.

And is v0.7 of iMetro on cydia the latest theme update till date?

Thanks guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iAdamir's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey peeps, I have a little issue, I downloaded the beta 7 theme, I pasted the iMetro folder in the dreamboard folder, but when I open dreamboard, he doesn't show any iMetro theme. Nothing appear.
    Can someone help me ? Thanks forward,
    Oliver

#edit ok I did it again it appears now, thanks anyway
    Last edited by iAdamir; 04-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just got this theme and was a little surprised at the lack of iWork icons (which I use daily) so I whipped some up real quick Enjoy!
    iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-keynote.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-numbers.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-pages.png

Edit: While I was at it I decided to make a Hulu Plus Icon as well iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-hulu.png

Also, I watched the video on how to change the icons, but I don't get how to add new ones! I was thinking add them in their small format on the homescreen and then go to theme.plist and change the specifications, but the plist doesnt show any of the new apps I've added, only the preprogramed ones.
    Last edited by xdxdaustin; 05-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xdxdaustin For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got this on my ipod and now I'm stuck on the theme cause I can't see the username at the top
    PLEASE HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaidomar View Post
    I got this on my ipod and now I'm stuck on the theme cause I can't see the username at the top
    PLEASE HELP!
    What you have to do is:

1. Use an SSH client (Winscp for windows)
    2. Then go to your /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/
    3. Then delete the iMetro folder
    4. After that if you can respring, or reboot
    5. If you get an error, Click OK (You will get two choices Continue or OK(something like that))

Once you open dreamboard you won't see the imetro theme anymore.
    After that you should be good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not to seem rude but the WinPad 8 theme is WAY more advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Theminer49 View Post
    Not to seem rude but the WinPad 8 theme is WAY more advance.
    Probably because I stopped working on it for a few months. The theme here only took about 10-12 days of work. Then I stopped working on it due to my uni work.

Well, I'm here and I want to say, I have 5 months off now of free time to do anything! So here is what will happen. I have to sell my iPad 2, meaning I cant work on iMetro that easily. I have an iPad 3 so when that is jailbroken, I'll start back to work on iMetro but this time in HD!

I've got a few things planned but i've realised, iMetro is based on a failed concept. It's going to be *impossible* for users to change the size of icons from within the theme, or even to change the apps that link to the large tiles. It's because the positions are all hard coded into the theme pixel by pixel. This makes it difficult to add new tiles or to remove them at will using the device.

To begin with, I'll try to make the iMetro Manager app for Mac and Windows so that you can visually manage your iMetro Installation as you see fit. This means you can load in a new tile, add an app to it and then add an image. It will still be hard coded but will make things much easier to work with. Then eventually since I'm not that good at making apps, i'll create the iMetro Manager for the iPad and release it on Cydia for people to play with.

But what's coming up first when the iPad 3 get's busted open publicly, is the lock screen. This will fix all of the syncing errors we get with the Live Tiles. Ever since the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 was released, I think I need to update this for that since this theme is still based on the Developer Preview, a bit outdated xD.

Also, I'm open to ideas so if you wanna see anything in iMetro then suggest it to me!
    My Themes:
    iMetro 8: Windows 8 on the iPad! Beta 7 released!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you want help I could help with a few things I'm not the greatest coder thou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear all...do u peeps face the problem of after you respring, all icons set will go back to factory setting??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lackadaizical View Post
    Dear all...do u peeps face the problem of after you respring, all icons set will go back to factory setting??
    This is a permission problem, you need to set the permission to what I mentioned in the guide, otherwise it won't save icon settings. 755 If I remember right. You do it using FTP or iFile.
    My Themes:
    iMetro 8: Windows 8 on the iPad! Beta 7 released!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

lackadaizical (05-18-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    This is a permission problem, you need to set the permission to what I mentioned in the guide, otherwise it won't save icon settings. 755 If I remember right. You do it using FTP or iFile.
    oh yah...i remember this step..okok done...
    btw is twitter and flipboard removable at this stage? since i dont use them much....

just something i realise...RetinaPad dont seem to look naise...cause e boarder is not black...did u realise?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The theme itself looks really good, I haven't tried it myself as there is no available jailbreak yet, but it seems way better than spending 17.49 on the Splashtop testbed. Which I did -___-
    All the more reason why I really want to jailbreak!
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some tiles i created last nite...

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-9gag-reader.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-beejiveim.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-birthdays.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-breezehd.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-calculator.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-citymaps2go.png
    iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-ck-zombies.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-dbs.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-downloads-hd.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-dual-browser.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-eraser.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-flightapp-copy.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-gothere.sg.png iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-greenpost-hd.png

iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-sygic.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-hwz.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-iphoto.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-ithoughtshd.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-manga-rock-2.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-minigore.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-modmyi.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-notability.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-ocbc-bank.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-pdf-expert.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-penultimate.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-photo-editor-.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-plex.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-puffin.pngiMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]-sketchbook.png
    Last edited by lackadaizical; 05-19-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: redo attachment