Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free!

36 67.92%
  • $1.99

17 32.08%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by linkandzelda ETA on 07 as I have not done anything today on the theme due to work and stuff. Live Flipboard and Calendar tiles planned. Then 08
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    ETA on 07 as I have not done anything today on the theme due to work and stuff. Live Flipboard and Calendar tiles planned. Then 08 Live Weather. 09 final tweaks/additions and then hopefully 10 which is version 1.00 the initial release build. Now it might sound far off but you guys should know how quick I make stuff I could have version 1.00 done by tomorrow night!

Can I ask people to test the Personalize menu extensively like different combinations of the Username menu and the Personalize menu. I have a feeling there's a bug and want to get rid of it for 1.00.
    I will test it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Quick video on how to mess with the apps icons
    Here is a quick little video i recorded showing you what to mess with to add some more apps and change the tile size....

NOTE: I have no clue how to theme and I probably did all of this wrong, but it worked for me, so take it at it is worth. Just no guarantees.

@LINKANDZELDA are you going to release the beta's when you add some more stuff or you going to wait til 1.0?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Makproductions06 For This Useful Post:

lackadaizical (05-19-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rokindeez View Post
    I will test it out.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Makproductions06 View Post
    Here is a quick little video i recorded showing you what to mess with to add some more apps and change the tile size....

NOTE: I have no clue how to theme and I probably did all of this wrong, but it worked for me, so take it at it is worth. Just no guarantees.

@LINKANDZELDA are you going to release the beta's when you add some more stuff or you going to wait til 1.0?
    Thanks for creating the video for this. I'm not gonna pick holes but I spotted a few things there that might not work for everyone. Also the video ended rather suddenly. Either way good job and hopefully it will help people to add new tiles and change sizes!

For the record if anyone wants me to make a guide for this, I would not make one. Simply because I would prefer to A: put time into making the theme and B: put time into making the iMetro Manager app.

ETA for the next release? Get this: I'm posting 07 tomorrow after it's done!
    My Themes:
    iMetro 8: Windows 8 on the iPad! Beta 7 released!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!

Thanks for creating the video for this. I'm not gonna pick holes but I spotted a few things there that might not work for everyone. Also the video ended rather suddenly. Either way good job and hopefully it will help people to add new tiles and change sizes!

For the record if anyone wants me to make a guide for this, I would not make one. Simply because I would prefer to A: put time into making the theme and B: put time into making the iMetro Manager app.

ETA for the next release? Get this: I'm posting 07 tomorrow after it's done!
    Yeah, Quicktime did something funky and cut off and i didn't have time to do it again... so i thought it would be better than nothing....

Awesome, can't wait for tomorrow.. =D

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, Quicktime did something funky and cut off and i didn't have time to do it again... so i thought it would be better than nothing....

Awesome, can't wait for tomorrow.. =D
    It's really not that bad I was just wondering why it stopped. Guessed it was something like that xD.
    My Themes:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Imetro Render
    Here is something that i whipped up in Cinema 4D.

Attachment 566689

Resolution is at: 1920px by 1080px.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

now this is looking good. can we only get up to beta 4 for now? i'd like to test this further.

Thanks

Is the charm feature on this beta release if it is I can't open it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is something that i whipped up in Cinema 4D.

Attachment 566689

Resolution is at: 1920px by 1080px.
    That looks pretty epic!

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    now this is looking good. can we only get up to beta 4 for now? i'd like to test this further.
    Currently 4 is the latest released version.

Quote Originally Posted by clifdog View Post
    Is the charm feature on this beta release if it is I can't open it.
    It's not in the current release no.

Sorry I didn't post the beta yesterday. I got caught up with some other stuff can ran out of time. There is also some annoying bugs in the Live Tiles causing the animations to not run at the correct times..
    My Themes:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, new update today. I've been busy since Thursday but have finally been able to make the Live Flipboard tile!

For anyone that is wondering, this will *not* pull data from your Flipboard accounts or sites that you added there. This relies on a few external RSS providers which I'll document how to do when I release this Update 7. What's left now before the release is me documenting the new features and how to set them all up for your own liking.

Also something I find rather embarrassing; I just realised I spelt "Calendar" as "Calender" on the large tile -_-
    My Themes:

Thanks

Also something I find rather embarrassing; I just realised I spelt "Calendar" as "Calender" on the large tile -_-
    hahaha. i was about to mention that. lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hahaha. i was about to mention that. lol.
    Not to worry though it will obviously be fixed for the coming release LOL!
    My Themes:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (02-18-2012)

Thanks

Not to worry though it will obviously be fixed for the coming release LOL!
    Good to hear. Also, i've gone through ur theme.plist and there's a bit of stuff u could without. we might have a talk soon. it'd probs make things easier for u.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Beta 7 Released!
    After the previous update video, the latest release is finally here! So, what's new since Beta 4?

Charms Menu
    I added the Charms menu which gives you quick access to the All App View, Google Search app and Settings app.

All App View
    This is a list of all the apps you have installed on your iPad.

Live Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and Flipboard Tiles
    Finally these amazing tiles are available for your use on the iPad.

For new users the installation is the same as on the first post. For people who are upgrading then simply delete your Current.plist and replace the contents of the theme folder with the later update. Sorry to inform you, that all of your app configurations and tweaks will be lost and will have to be applied again.

Setting Up Live Tiles
    Here you will learn how to setup all of the included Live Tiles to work with your own content. Something should be noted about how the animations of the tiles work. They have been fine tuned to my own internet speed, and are based on the amount of time it takes for the data to be retrieved from the internet. This hopefully will not cause an issue for most people.

For the first time you run Update 7 or higher, the feeds will not work as I removed my own data so as not to show any of my personal information.

Twitter Tile
    In order to get Twitter to work with your News Feed, we need to use Super Tweet.

1. Head over to SuperTweet.Net - Twitter API OAuth Proxy - Command-line Twitter and sign up for a account. On the left you will sign in using the Twitter you want the News Feed for.
    2. Once authorised the app, you will be required to enter an Email address, an App name, Description, Website and Organization. Enter as below:

Email: your email.
    App Name: Your choice.
    Description: Your Choice.
    Organization: iMetro.

3. Once entered click register application and you will be taken to the next page.
    4. Under the section Access Credentials, on the far end press Activate.
    5. Enter a password to use with Super Tweet. You will need to remember it. Press submit after entering.
    6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Twitter/ and SSH the file widget.js onto your Computer.
    7. Open it for editing an search for the text: "enteryourusernames:enteryourpassword".
    8. Change them to be your Super Tweet username and Super Tweet password.
    9. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad.
    10. Check that it works. Any problems ask me about it.

Facebook Tile
    Currently this tile will read from your Facebook Notifications.

1. Go to your Facebook account and sign in.
    2. Go to your Notifications area.
    3. You will see at the top you have the option of an RSS feed.
    4. Click that link, and then copy the URL given.
    5. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Facebook/ and SSH then open the file facebook.html.
    6. At the top you will see "YourFeedAddressHere".
    7. Place your Facebook RSS address which you copied earlier.
    8. Save and test it by SSHing the file back onto your iPad.
    9. Any problems ask me.

Mail Tile
    Currently the Mail tile will only work with a Gmail account. This is a limitation I would like to address in the future.

1. Head over to FreeMyFeed - Free Your Feed From Authentication
    2. In the Feed address enter https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom.
    3. In the username and password area, enter your Gmail Username and Password.
    4. You will get a confirmation page showing a link at the bottom of the page.
    5. Copy that link address.
    6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Mail/ and SSH the file mail.html and open it.
    7. Find the area that says "YourEmailFeed" and paste the feed link you copied earlier.
    8. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad to test it.
    9. Any problems then ask me.

Flipboard Tile
    This is probably the longest out of every tile to setup. It relies on the use of Yahoo Pipes for the purpose of joining RSS feeds together and sorting them to create one RSS feed, and then passing it into the Flipboard tile.

Before doing this you will need to sign up for a yahoo account, have the links for all of the RSS feeds of the websites you want to show on your Flipboard tile, and also be familiar with how Yahoo Pipes works. Unfortunately all of this goes beyond the scope of this guide, but here is the process for what your Yahoo Pipes setup should look like.

First of all you will need to bring a 'Fetch Feed' onto the Pipe area. Then proceed to fill out all the URLs with the feeds you want. If you want over 10 feeds then you will need to create more 'Fetch Feed' blocks to fill them up. Once you entered all of your Feeds then you will need a 'Union' block to combine all of these feeds into one. After this make the 'Union' block go into a 'Sort' block. For the feed to be most effective you need to make it sort by PubDate in descending order. This will make all of your feeds show the latest ones first. Then finally, make all this go to the 'Pipe Output'.

Save your feed and grab the RSS link.
    Follow the instructions for the Mail tile and instead open /iMetro/HTML/Flipboard/flipboard.html and place your Yahoo Pipe feed there. Save the file and test it.

Something that should be noted, if you have multiple Email inboxes and accounts with Gmail that you want to merge, you can use this same method with Yahoo Pipes to combine the feeds of your Emails, and then apply the Feed URL to the Mail tile.

Well that's all of the Live Tiles for now that can be used. Any problems then ask me on the forums and I'll help out.

Closing Words
    Remember that this is only Update 7 and there is most likely bugs with the Live Tiles. There already is a timing bug which is caused by turning off the iPad. It will cause most of the animations to go messed up when you turn back on. This will be fixed once I add the iMetro Lock Screen in a later update.

For the download, you can go here!

For now just enjoy the new release of iMetro!
    My Themes:

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (02-18-2012), GaN-MaN (02-18-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

After the previous update video, the latest release is finally here! So, what's new since Beta 4?

Charms Menu
    I added the Charms menu which gives you quick access to the All App View, Google Search app and Settings app.

All App View
    This is a list of all the apps you have installed on your iPad.

Live Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and Flipboard Tiles
    Finally these amazing tiles are available for your use on the iPad.

For new users the installation is the same as on the first post. For people who are upgrading then simply delete your Current.plist and replace the contents of the theme folder with the later update. Sorry to inform you, that all of your app configurations and tweaks will be lost and will have to be applied again.

Setting Up Live Tiles
    Here you will learn how to setup all of the included Live Tiles to work with your own content. Something should be noted about how the animations of the tiles work. They have been fine tuned to my own internet speed, and are based on the amount of time it takes for the data to be retrieved from the internet. This hopefully will not cause an issue for most people.

For the first time you run Update 7 or higher, the feeds will not work as I removed my own data so as not to show any of my personal information.

Twitter Tile
    In order to get Twitter to work with your News Feed, we need to use Super Tweet.

1. Head over to SuperTweet.Net - Twitter API OAuth Proxy - Command-line Twitter and sign up for a account. On the left you will sign in using the Twitter you want the News Feed for.
    2. Once authorised the app, you will be required to enter an Email address, an App name, Description, Website and Organization. Enter as below:

Email: your email.
    App Name: Your choice.
    Description: Your Choice.
    Organization: iMetro.

3. Once entered click register application and you will be taken to the next page.
    4. Under the section Access Credentials, on the far end press Activate.
    5. Enter a password to use with Super Tweet. You will need to remember it. Press submit after entering.
    6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Twitter/ and SSH the file widget.js onto your Computer.
    7. Open it for editing an search for the text: "enteryourusernames:enteryourpassword".
    8. Change them to be your Super Tweet username and Super Tweet password.
    9. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad.
    10. Check that it works. Any problems ask me about it.

Facebook Tile
    Currently this tile will read from your Facebook Notifications.

1. Go to your Facebook account and sign in.
    2. Go to your Notifications area.
    3. You will see at the top you have the option of an RSS feed.
    4. Click that link, and then copy the URL given.
    5. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Facebook/ and SSH then open the file facebook.html.
    6. At the top you will see "YourFeedAddressHere".
    7. Place your Facebook RSS address which you copied earlier.
    8. Save and test it by SSHing the file back onto your iPad.
    9. Any problems ask me.

Mail Tile
    Currently the Mail tile will only work with a Gmail account. This is a limitation I would like to address in the future.

1. Head over to FreeMyFeed - Free Your Feed From Authentication
    2. In the Feed address enter https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom.
    3. In the username and password area, enter your Gmail Username and Password.
    4. You will get a confirmation page showing a link at the bottom of the page.
    5. Copy that link address.
    6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Mail/ and SSH the file mail.html and open it.
    7. Find the area that says "YourEmailFeed" and paste the feed link you copied earlier.
    8. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad to test it.
    9. Any problems then ask me.

Flipboard Tile
    This is probably the longest out of every tile to setup. It relies on the use of Yahoo Pipes for the purpose of joining RSS feeds together and sorting them to create one RSS feed, and then passing it into the Flipboard tile.

Before doing this you will need to sign up for a yahoo account, have the links for all of the RSS feeds of the websites you want to show on your Flipboard tile, and also be familiar with how Yahoo Pipes works. Unfortunately all of this goes beyond the scope of this guide, but here is the process for what your Yahoo Pipes setup should look like.

First of all you will need to bring a 'Fetch Feed' onto the Pipe area. Then proceed to fill out all the URLs with the feeds you want. If you want over 10 feeds then you will need to create more 'Fetch Feed' blocks to fill them up. Once you entered all of your Feeds then you will need a 'Union' block to combine all of these feeds into one. After this make the 'Union' block go into a 'Sort' block. For the feed to be most effective you need to make it sort by PubDate in descending order. This will make all of your feeds show the latest ones first. Then finally, make all this go to the 'Pipe Output'.

Save your feed and grab the RSS link.
    Follow the instructions for the Mail tile and instead open /iMetro/HTML/Flipboard/flipboard.html and place your Yahoo Pipe feed there. Save the file and test it.

Something that should be noted, if you have multiple Email inboxes and accounts with Gmail that you want to merge, you can use this same method with Yahoo Pipes to combine the feeds of your Emails, and then apply the Feed URL to the Mail tile.

Well that's all of the Live Tiles for now that can be used. Any problems then ask me on the forums and I'll help out.

Closing Words
    Remember that this is only Update 7 and there is most likely bugs with the Live Tiles. There already is a timing bug which is caused by turning off the iPad. It will cause most of the animations to go messed up when you turn back on. This will be fixed once I add the iMetro Lock Screen in a later update.

For the download, you can go here!

For now just enjoy the new release of iMetro!
    for flipboard would you give a generic feed to the tile?

Good to hear. Also, i've gone through ur theme.plist and there's a bit of stuff u could without. we might have a talk soon. it'd probs make things easier for u.
    Do you know how I would apply os7 icon overlay to this theme.
    Last edited by rokindeez; 02-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default All App Section
    When i go into my all app section, all the apps are rotated sideways... anyideas..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sure send me a PM i'm interested to know.

for flipboard would you give a generic feed to the tile?

You give it any RSS feed you like.

When i go into my all app section, all the apps are rotated sideways... anyideas..
    Really?? Mind sending a screen shot? They look fine on my end o-o
    My Themes:

Thanks

no sorry. have no idea. os7 works as a dylib. not an actual dreamboard theme.

Sure send me a PM i'm interested to know.
    will do soon.

quick question though, my mail's coming up with "If you see this text, please report it."
    any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default all app view

Green Apple
    Thanks

no sorry. have no idea. os7 works as a dylib. not an actual dreamboard theme.

will do soon.

quick question though, my mail's coming up with "If you see this text, please report it."
    any ideas?
    I know how to get the icon overlay to work. I built each icon giving people the choice whether they wanted to use a transparent Icon in the Icons folder and apply a background, or to use 1 icon. Eventually I'll detail it but it's probably better to use the Icon Template I made.

That means it's taking longer to load the Gmail feed than it did on my internet. Something I need to look into as the Icon should be tweaked so you never see that text.

Wo what lol. Did you do any modifications to the theme.plist? And can anyone else confirm it being like this?
    My Themes: