Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPad New Skins/Themes Launchesforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by linkandzelda ETA on 07 as I have not done anything today on the theme due to work and stuff. Live Flipboard and Calendar tiles planned. Then 08...
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM #41
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM #42Quick video on how to mess with the apps icons
Here is a quick little video i recorded showing you what to mess with to add some more apps and change the tile size....
NOTE: I have no clue how to theme and I probably did all of this wrong, but it worked for me, so take it at it is worth. Just no guarantees.
@LINKANDZELDA are you going to release the beta's when you add some more stuff or you going to wait til 1.0?
The Following User Says Thank You to Makproductions06 For This Useful Post:
02-16-2012, 08:16 PM #43
For the record if anyone wants me to make a guide for this, I would not make one. Simply because I would prefer to A: put time into making the theme and B: put time into making the iMetro Manager app.
ETA for the next release? Get this: I'm posting 07 tomorrow after it's done!
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM #44
02-17-2012, 07:26 AM #45
02-17-2012, 09:38 PM #46Imetro Render
Here is something that i whipped up in Cinema 4D.
Resolution is at: 1920px by 1080px.
02-18-2012, 02:26 AM #47
now this is looking good. can we only get up to beta 4 for now? i'd like to test this further.
02-18-2012, 08:31 AM #48
Is the charm feature on this beta release if it is I can't open it.
02-18-2012, 09:06 AM #49
Sorry I didn't post the beta yesterday. I got caught up with some other stuff can ran out of time. There is also some annoying bugs in the Live Tiles causing the animations to not run at the correct times..
02-18-2012, 11:21 AM #50
Well, new update today. I've been busy since Thursday but have finally been able to make the Live Flipboard tile!
For anyone that is wondering, this will *not* pull data from your Flipboard accounts or sites that you added there. This relies on a few external RSS providers which I'll document how to do when I release this Update 7. What's left now before the release is me documenting the new features and how to set them all up for your own liking.
Also something I find rather embarrassing; I just realised I spelt "Calendar" as "Calender" on the large tile -_-
02-18-2012, 11:22 AM #51
02-18-2012, 11:26 AM #52
The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM #53
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM #54Beta 7 Released!
After the previous update video, the latest release is finally here! So, what's new since Beta 4?
I added the Charms menu which gives you quick access to the All App View, Google Search app and Settings app.
All App View
This is a list of all the apps you have installed on your iPad.
Live Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and Flipboard Tiles
Finally these amazing tiles are available for your use on the iPad.
For new users the installation is the same as on the first post. For people who are upgrading then simply delete your Current.plist and replace the contents of the theme folder with the later update. Sorry to inform you, that all of your app configurations and tweaks will be lost and will have to be applied again.
Setting Up Live Tiles
Here you will learn how to setup all of the included Live Tiles to work with your own content. Something should be noted about how the animations of the tiles work. They have been fine tuned to my own internet speed, and are based on the amount of time it takes for the data to be retrieved from the internet. This hopefully will not cause an issue for most people.
For the first time you run Update 7 or higher, the feeds will not work as I removed my own data so as not to show any of my personal information.
In order to get Twitter to work with your News Feed, we need to use Super Tweet.
1. Head over to SuperTweet.Net - Twitter API OAuth Proxy - Command-line Twitter and sign up for a account. On the left you will sign in using the Twitter you want the News Feed for.
2. Once authorised the app, you will be required to enter an Email address, an App name, Description, Website and Organization. Enter as below:
Email: your email.
App Name: Your choice.
Description: Your Choice.
Website: Your choice.
3. Once entered click register application and you will be taken to the next page.
4. Under the section Access Credentials, on the far end press Activate.
5. Enter a password to use with Super Tweet. You will need to remember it. Press submit after entering.
6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Twitter/ and SSH the file widget.js onto your Computer.
7. Open it for editing an search for the text: "enteryourusernames:enteryourpassword".
8. Change them to be your Super Tweet username and Super Tweet password.
9. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad.
10. Check that it works. Any problems ask me about it.
Currently this tile will read from your Facebook Notifications.
1. Go to your Facebook account and sign in.
2. Go to your Notifications area.
3. You will see at the top you have the option of an RSS feed.
4. Click that link, and then copy the URL given.
5. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Facebook/ and SSH then open the file facebook.html.
6. At the top you will see "YourFeedAddressHere".
7. Place your Facebook RSS address which you copied earlier.
8. Save and test it by SSHing the file back onto your iPad.
9. Any problems ask me.
Currently the Mail tile will only work with a Gmail account. This is a limitation I would like to address in the future.
1. Head over to FreeMyFeed - Free Your Feed From Authentication
2. In the Feed address enter https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom.
3. In the username and password area, enter your Gmail Username and Password.
4. You will get a confirmation page showing a link at the bottom of the page.
5. Copy that link address.
6. Navigate to /iMetro/HTML/Mail/ and SSH the file mail.html and open it.
7. Find the area that says "YourEmailFeed" and paste the feed link you copied earlier.
8. Save the file and SSH it back onto your iPad to test it.
9. Any problems then ask me.
This is probably the longest out of every tile to setup. It relies on the use of Yahoo Pipes for the purpose of joining RSS feeds together and sorting them to create one RSS feed, and then passing it into the Flipboard tile.
Before doing this you will need to sign up for a yahoo account, have the links for all of the RSS feeds of the websites you want to show on your Flipboard tile, and also be familiar with how Yahoo Pipes works. Unfortunately all of this goes beyond the scope of this guide, but here is the process for what your Yahoo Pipes setup should look like.
First of all you will need to bring a 'Fetch Feed' onto the Pipe area. Then proceed to fill out all the URLs with the feeds you want. If you want over 10 feeds then you will need to create more 'Fetch Feed' blocks to fill them up. Once you entered all of your Feeds then you will need a 'Union' block to combine all of these feeds into one. After this make the 'Union' block go into a 'Sort' block. For the feed to be most effective you need to make it sort by PubDate in descending order. This will make all of your feeds show the latest ones first. Then finally, make all this go to the 'Pipe Output'.
Save your feed and grab the RSS link.
Follow the instructions for the Mail tile and instead open /iMetro/HTML/Flipboard/flipboard.html and place your Yahoo Pipe feed there. Save the file and test it.
Something that should be noted, if you have multiple Email inboxes and accounts with Gmail that you want to merge, you can use this same method with Yahoo Pipes to combine the feeds of your Emails, and then apply the Feed URL to the Mail tile.
Well that's all of the Live Tiles for now that can be used. Any problems then ask me on the forums and I'll help out.
Remember that this is only Update 7 and there is most likely bugs with the Live Tiles. There already is a timing bug which is caused by turning off the iPad. It will cause most of the animations to go messed up when you turn back on. This will be fixed once I add the iMetro Lock Screen in a later update.
For the download, you can go here!
For now just enjoy the new release of iMetro!
02-18-2012, 01:15 PM #55
02-18-2012, 01:35 PM #56All App Section
When i go into my all app section, all the apps are rotated sideways... anyideas..
02-18-2012, 01:38 PM #57
02-18-2012, 01:43 PM #58
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM #59all app view
Here is my all app view.
02-18-2012, 01:46 PM #60
That means it's taking longer to load the Gmail feed than it did on my internet. Something I need to look into as the Icon should be tweaked so you never see that text.